+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
The rule is clear COPR under FSW and CEC can land anywhere, the Visa officer may be tough in Quebec (they like to believe themselves as a separate country but federal law supersedes any state laws ), but he cannot deny you landing rights, all those who landed in Quebec got accepted eventually, If you are a smart immigrant and now the rules , officer cannot deny you landing and the Quebec officer knows it !!!
Can you give me an example where the COPR holder (excluding PNP ) was denied to do landing formalities ?
Can you give me an example or examples where a PNP applicant be denied entry?

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
The rule is clear COPR under FSW and CEC can land anywhere, the Visa officer may be tough in Quebec (they like to believe themselves as a separate country but federal law supersedes any state laws ), but he cannot deny you landing rights, all those who landed in Quebec got accepted eventually, If you are a smart immigrant and now the rules , officer cannot deny you landing and the Quebec officer knows it !!!
Can you give me an example where the COPR holder (excluding PNP ) was denied to do landing formalities ?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-landing-denied-on-border-help-needed.176500/

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
A landing officer can cancel your COPR, revoke your PR-to-be status and tell you to leave Canada immediately with a ban for 5 years. In other words, not just deny you landing formalities, but basically reject your PR application at the border. Since you aren’t a PR until after your COPR is signed and stamped.

We should end this long debate now because it is not related to the topic of the thread. Good luck.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Canadians in India wanting to get home: we just confirmed two Qatar Airways special flights from #Delhi to #Toronto via #Doha, on July 6 and 8; at 20:30 IST. Booking can only be done directly with Qatar Airways online at: www.qatarairways.com

Eligibility for these Qatar Airways flights is limited to:
• Canadian citizens
• Permanent Residents (PR) who have a valid PR card, and COPRs approved on or before March 18 (whether accompanying a citizen or not)
• Spouses of Canadian citizens and PRs (whether accompanying the citizen or PR or not)

Tickets will go on sale soon, with short notice. We recommend you monitor the Qatar Airways website (www.qatarairways.com) in order to purchase tickets on these flights. More special flights on Qatar Airways may be approved throughout July. Follow us for updates.

bun_b

Oct 30, 2019
36 VB flights between India - US between 11 to 19 July..booking opening tomorrow evening
Can anyone shed some light if we can use this route to transit into Canada?

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
36 VB flights between India - US between 11 to 19 July..booking opening tomorrow evening
In current scenario it won't be possible to transit through US to Canada. Even though you have Valid COPR you will need Transit C Visa to transit through US.
I don't know if US embassy are or aren't processing any Visas currently.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/other-visa-categories/transit.html

If you still have doubts you can email US embassy and ask them directly.

Reactions: bun_b and SithLord

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Unfortunately, we can't transit into Canada without a valid US visa. I think US embassy is also not processing any visas for now. We will need to look into other countries to transit

Reactions: bun_b

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Canadians in India wanting to get home: we just confirmed two Qatar Airways special flights from #Delhi to #Toronto via #Doha, on July 6 and 8; at 20:30 IST. Booking can only be done directly with Qatar Airways online at: www.qatarairways.com

Eligibility for these Qatar Airways flights is limited to:
• Canadian citizens
• Permanent Residents (PR) who have a valid PR card, and COPRs approved on or before March 18 (whether accompanying a citizen or not)
• Spouses of Canadian citizens and PRs (whether accompanying the citizen or PR or not)

Tickets will go on sale soon, with short notice. We recommend you monitor the Qatar Airways website (www.qatarairways.com) in order to purchase tickets on these flights. More special flights on Qatar Airways may be approved throughout July. Follow us for updates.
Where did you read about this?

DIJ2

Mar 21, 2020
Hi Guys. I have couple of questions regarding car paperwork if moved to Canada from U.S

I'm planning to move to Canada in 2 weeks from now from U.S. This would be my first time with the COPR, so I'm assuming I can take my car via Detroit-Windsor bridge?
  • For the car, do I need to carry anything else apart from car title document, and declaration of car in GTA form?
  • Just want to make sure that it's allowed to drive in Canada with a car with U.S registration and title?
  • And is this a temporary allowance and would I have to change my car registration to Canada after moving?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Ok so.. I am a PNP applicant.. and I intend to move to the province that nominated me.. strong reason to move there is - it has the most jobs in Canada for my NOC.. Just checked the nomination certificate, expiry on it is only for applying to express entry.. this date has passed.. there is no other expiry on the certificate..

I plan on finding a job after landing..

I think I should be okay.. your thoughts?

@BS85 .. your thoughts?

People please feel free to advise

Last edited: