+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi Guys. I have couple of questions regarding car paperwork if moved to Canada from U.S

I'm planning to move to Canada in 2 weeks from now from U.S. This would be my first time with the COPR, so I'm assuming I can take my car via Detroit-Windsor bridge?
  • For the car, do I need to carry anything else apart from car title document, and declaration of car in GTA form?
  • Just want to make sure that it's allowed to drive in Canada with a car with U.S registration and title?
  • And is this a temporary allowance and would I have to change my car registration to Canada after moving?
I have seen your post a couple of times and I have no clue.. I would advise going through threads and looking for people that are planning as you are and DMing them or tagging them

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Unfortunately, we can't transit into Canada without a valid US visa. I think US embassy is also not processing any visas for now. We will need to look into other countries to transit
Hi,

I have a valid US tourist visa (B1/B2). In this case, can I enter Canada via US airports?

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Captain789

May 27, 2018
I don't think any applicant with CoPR would have job in hand before landing. Even, if there is any it would be tiny fraction. So, instead of wasting resources IRCC should mention on their website that those with job offers prior to landing would only be allowed to come. Until then it's blanket ban for all. What's really happening is many visa offices have resumed extending medical validities.
Pardon me? I do not agree to waste my Co-PR simply because I don’t have a job offer.
I have spent a lot of time and money for this project.
And I disagree with people who say they will get an automatic extension of their Co-PR. The case will be resumed and noone knows what will happen next. It’s a grey area and the website does not say that you will 100% receive your visa!!

For people who can’t find job in their field, can’t you try something more simple in a different area? At least you will provide for your family, while looking for a job you want.

Last edited:

Captain789

May 27, 2018
As far as I know you can't do landing in Quebec if you applied under EE FSW Outland. Once you have landed in Canada and are done with PR formalities you are free to move and settle anywhere even Quebec.
Now rules are more strict. If he is a PNP applicant, it would be better to stay there for a year or so

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Ok so.. I am a PNP applicant.. and I intend to move to the province that nominated me.. strong reason to move there is - it has the most jobs in Canada for my NOC.. Just checked the nomination certificate, expiry on it is only for applying to express entry.. this date has passed.. there is no other expiry on the certificate..

I plan on finding a job after landing..

I think I should be okay.. your thoughts?

@BS85 .. your thoughts?

People please feel free to advise
I don't know much about PNP program, you can check other posts under PNP COPR.

Captain789

May 27, 2018
A landing officer can cancel your COPR, revoke your PR-to-be status and tell you to leave Canada immediately with a ban for 5 years. In other words, not just deny you landing formalities, but basically reject your PR application at the border. Since you aren’t a PR until after your COPR is signed and stamped.

We should end this long debate now because it is not related to the topic of the thread. Good luck.
Yes, and I would add that under the PNP program they became more strict with moving between the provinces even you are a PR holder. This happened in Manitoba if I remember correctly. Take some time (I'd say a year, before moving somewhere)

Reactions: dashing_warrior

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Ok so.. I am a PNP applicant.. and I intend to move to the province that nominated me.. strong reason to move there is - it has the most jobs in Canada for my NOC.. Just checked the nomination certificate, expiry on it is only for applying to express entry.. this date has passed.. there is no other expiry on the certificate..

I plan on finding a job after landing..

I think I should be okay.. your thoughts?

@BS85 .. your thoughts?

People please feel free to advise
You should be okay mate. You will also have rental receipt and plane ticket to your destination province when you plan to travel so it shows willingness to settle in the province which gave you nomination.

Reactions: WantToImmigrate

_harinderkaurs

Jun 24, 2019
Canadians in India wanting to get home: we just confirmed two Qatar Airways special flights from #Delhi to #Toronto via #Doha, on July 6 and 8; at 20:30 IST. Booking can only be done directly with Qatar Airways online at: www.qatarairways.com

Eligibility for these Qatar Airways flights is limited to:
• Canadian citizens
• Permanent Residents (PR) who have a valid PR card, and COPRs approved on or before March 18 (whether accompanying a citizen or not)
• Spouses of Canadian citizens and PRs (whether accompanying the citizen or PR or not)

Tickets will go on sale soon, with short notice. We recommend you monitor the Qatar Airways website (www.qatarairways.com) in order to purchase tickets on these flights. More special flights on Qatar Airways may be approved throughout July. Follow us for updates.
Has anybody been able to book a ticket here?

Amir681796

Jun 13, 2019
Has CBSA or Candian Gov arranged Institutionalised Quarantine facility for incoming people who were not able to arrange that for themselves.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Has CBSA or Candian Gov arranged Institutionalised Quarantine facility for incoming people who were not able to arrange that for themselves.
Originally there was a mention in the guidance that they would direct to you a hotel probably at your expense but now believe the guidance is to not travel to Canada if someone does not have an isolation plan.

Although in this link below still implies public health will designate a location but nobody should arrive with that expectation given CBSA could deny entry if they determine someone has no plan or did not attempt to put a plan together.

This link implies returning to Canada by the way not new arrivals

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html

This link implies should not travel if no plan

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#health

There was no 'institutionalised' facility just some hotel of CBSA / Public Health chosing they would have block booked.

This may have changed again but ultimately everyone should ensure they have a plan either a hotel or Airbnb

Last edited: