+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
This is just my opinion but they shouldn't deny the application just because you have job offer from Quebec. Applicants under EE FSW category can work anywhere and not bound to specific province like PNP. As per the email they want to confirm that you have well thought out plan to settle in Canada before granting extension. Job offer is the part of that plan. That satisfies their requirement point 1.

If you are really in doubt you can raise a webform and directly ask IRCC or create a post here with email from IRCC and your queries and tag legalfalcon or other seniors.
It is not just about having a Quebec based job offer , the issue still seems to be that it is a well known fact that cannot upfront propose to live in or complete an initial PR landing in Quebec unless having applied specifcally through a Quebec immigration program. So whilst FSW/PNP and so on could initially land in Quebec as a connection with onward travel proposing upfront that is the intention to live/work before completing initial landing still appears to be a risk.

As to whether having an extension granted stating having a job and planning to live in Quebec in response to IRCC requiring justification for an extension not sure anyone here can answer as this is all new with little or no history on this forum. Although odds based on other posts in dealing with Quebec having not applied specifically for Quebec would seem to be negative at least prior to actually becoming a PR.

Only IRCC of course can answer the question not this forum

Hksandy

Nov 8, 2019
I am really hoping POF and explanation for employment plan and settlement will suffice. It looks like they are really trying hard to keep out the people from traveling to Canada in this pandemic situation.
I too agree....I feel COPR being exempted from travel ban is just an eye wash. Canada is purposely delaying extension of expired COPRs so that minimal number of people enter the country. The worst affected are those who had resigned from their respective jobs. If they had a fair idea that IRCC will delay processing by 4-6 months then they would have acted prudently and picked up alternate job or defered their resignation. It's really a stressful time...

Reactions: AnaAORaug19

dream_on_7

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
My copr expired on April 24th.
I haven't quit my job,I plan to do only a soft landing at this point due to various reasons.
What are my options?
Should I wait for a cpl of months to see if travel restrictions are eased before raising a ready to travel webform inorder to enable soft landing? Would it be declined if I raise it too late?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
My copr expired on April 24th.
I haven't quit my job,I plan to do only a soft landing at this point due to various reasons.
What are my options?
Should I wait for a cpl of months to see if travel restrictions are eased before raising a ready to travel webform inorder to enable soft landing? Would it be declined if I raise it too late?
IRCC tweeted that soft landing is not considered as essential reason to travel and is not allowed at the moment..

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Its not about job offer, main thing is your bank account (how much money you have ) , most of the COPR holders don't have a job offer , they look for job when they arrive in Canada !!! I think those guys who just show the bare minimum will have problems for extensions so better update your bank balances, Canadian Visa officers are looking for the interest of there country (want more money to come in), the more money you show them, the easier it is !!! Just my assumption.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I

I understand that and my question was based on that understanding.Would appreciate responses to the question asked as to how I would have to approach this
You wrote "I plan to do only a soft landing at this point due to various reasons".. It was not clear that you are open to ways other than soft landing..

Anyways, the options are to move now. Wait for soft landing to be allowed again, go for soft landing, and move when things have settled down. Wait for everything to settle down and then move.

"Would it be declined if I raise it too late?" - I think once the flights start to operate and Canada removes the 14 days rule, then waiting for 6 months or so could be categorized as too late.. I am not an experienced person and really don't want you to make decisions on my opinion.. I personally think Canada would not decline applications of people who are not able to travel because of covid..

mr1989

Dec 23, 2019
Hi Guys, I have a similar case, my COPR is expiring in first week of August but international flights in my country(India) are banned till 31st July and I am not sure if they will be starting flights right after that. My question is :

1. Should I inform the IRCC right now that I won't be able to travel or should I wait till 1st August ?
2. I am not sure if my medical was M1 or M3 is there are way to check it ? So that I can get an extension for medical ?
3. If my COPR expires do I have to go through police verification again ?

Reactions: CA98712

canadacopr

Jun 22, 2020
The Vande Bharat system is so frustrating. I have tried to book tickets from the moment phase 4 bookings were open for over 8 hours all night, hundreds of times to no avail. The website is horrible and even though I see tickets, the transaction fails at payment saying the tickets aren't available.

I don't get why they can't just ask everyone who wish to travel to Toronto to register with them, maybe pay a deposit, give a wait list number and just assign seats on a first come first serve basis instead of these stupid games.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Hi Guys, I have a similar case, my COPR is expiring in first week of August but international flights in my country(India) are banned till 31st July and I am not sure if they will be starting flights right after that. My question is :

1. Should I inform the IRCC right now that I won't be able to travel or should I wait till 1st August ?
2. I am not sure if my medical was M1 or M3 is there are way to check it ? So that I can get an extension for medical ?
3. If my COPR expires do I have to go through police verification again ?
I would advise you to probably wait till 20th of July before you raise the webform.
Regarding medicals only NDVO can decide wether to extend the medicals or have applicants redo them for extension.
There are no clear instructions from IRCC regarding extension. Few VO have extended the medicals, few are asking to redo them. Nobody knows when and how extension would be processed and what steps would be required. It will probably depend on local VO's which is NDVO.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Why dont you take one of VB flight and move...we cant do because of expired COPR
I tried earlier some were expensive and mostly full. Will try again for phase 5. I'm not confident they will allow international flights even in August so VBM is our options now

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Almost every country has struggled to deal with Coronavirus. No government with a reasonable population size can control human social behaviours.
That is true!! But some countries like Australia, Greece seemed to have handled it better. Also, they got support from people who understood what pandemic is and how they can stop the spread of the virus. So until our our people understand, the struggle will continue. Maybe next year it will be a lot better for us :)

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz