+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Raghuveer

Apr 4, 2020
Hello Guys.
Received following in reply to the raised webform-- "ready to travel". What do think about point 1 and 3? Do we have to have a ticket for traveling and lease document (the easiest one among three!) to establish the willingness to live and settle before the extension? Or these can be addressed during our travel upon receiving the CoPR extension?

===================================================================================================
Dear IRCC client:

This email is destined to clients who have written to us to let us know that they are ready to travel to Canada. Thank you for your patience while we have been adjusting the way we work during the pandemic.

According to our records, you have indicated that you are now ready to travel to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident. Currently, only CoPR holders whose travel to Canada is considered essential are able to enter Canada. In addition, some public health measures are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 in Canada.

Accordingly, we ask that you confirm that you are able to fulfill the requirements described below. In order for IRCC to determine if you can indeed travel to Canada, you must provide the following:

1. Your plans to live and settle in Canada upon arrival
· documents to support your living situation in Canada (i.e. address, lease agreement, home ownership document)
· employment plans in Canada, (i.e. location of work, letter from employer)
· any other relevant information.

2. How you plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada, including how you will have access to groceries, get medical care, and other essential services. While in quarantine, you will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if you have no COVID-19 symptoms.
· proof of funds (i.e, bank and/or credit card statements)

3. your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary
· a description of your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary, including travel tickets if you have already purchased them

Please provide the above information to IRCC by replying to this email. We will evaluate your request upon receipt and let you know whether or not you are approved to travel to Canada at this time.

Please note that only approved permanent residents now able to live and settle in Canada will be allowed into the country at this time due to the ongoing travel restrictions. Travel for temporary stay for reasons such as tourism, entertainment or simply to finalize applications without staying in the country is not allowed and will not be permitted.

Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
===================================================================================================
Hi @swack60 are you a PNP nominee (provincial nominee) ?

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
No option left other than to wait till August. Let's hope things would get better by then.
Oy vey, at this rate I'm not too optimistic that things will move by September. India is on track to overtake Russia in a few days to become the 3rd most infected country in the world.

And I'm on notice period because I wanted to be free to travel in case things picked up by then. I don't fault my decision. Luckily, I have family support system and I could use an indirect vacation after ~5 years of non-stop working. We gotta count those silver linings, guys.

Good luck and god speed.

FamilyHilton

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
I do wish they're clarify for people what will happen if medicals expire, will we be forced to re-take and have to pay for medicals yet again?? The lack of clarity for people who've spent thousands really isn't good enough.

George88

Jun 11, 2020
Hi Everybody, quick question on the 14 day quarantine plan we need to declare while entering canada. Is it possible for us to live the first couple of days in a hotel and then move to an apartment which we will be renting to complete the 14 days?

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi Everybody, quick question on the 14 day quarantine plan we need to declare while entering Canada. Is it possible for us to live the first couple of days in a hotel and then move to an apartment which we will be renting to complete the 14 days?
You have to stay put in one place for the entirety of the 14 days; it cannot be split. The whole point of 14 days continuous is that you let the virus manifest itself if you have it, or let it starve out without spreading it to another host. Moving before the 14 day period is a health safety violation that will land you in serious financial and legal issues. Don't mess with Texas Canada. :oops:

"The Government of Canada will be conducting spot checks to verify compliance. The maximum penalties for non-compliance could mean a fine of up to $750,000, six months in jail, or both. If they are found to have caused a risk of death or bodily harm to another person while violating COVID-19 prevention regulations they could be liable for a fine of up to one million dollars, imprisonment for up to three years, or both. "

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Interesting, I thought no one was hiring right now, especially in non-IT fields. Glad to hear it isn’t so.

What kind of support is JVS providing at the moment? Have you been asked about Canadian work experience at interviews?

Good luck with your job hunting.
Never been asked about Canadian experience.

JVS has provided assistance, workshops and interviewing/resume/cover letter skills with my job counsellor.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Hi Everybody, quick question on the 14 day quarantine plan we need to declare while entering canada. Is it possible for us to live the first couple of days in a hotel and then move to an apartment which we will be renting to complete the 14 days?
You can't move from place to place.

Reactions: CountessO

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
No option left other than to wait till August. Let's hope things would get better by then.
My COPR is expiring in October. Back in April, I never thought I would be looking into an extension but now it seems a possibility :(

The situation is just getting bad. India will most likely overtake Russia next week. We went under lockdown too soon and it went horribly wrong. The rural and the uneducated masses did not understand what coronavirus is and why the need for a lockdown. They thought the virus is just another common fever, and lockdown means just like a normal bandh. They were not aware of the consequences of the spread. The government declared strict lockdown without providing any guidelines and preventive measures. When the lockdown was initially lifted they thought bandh was over started moving in masses.. Only a few weeks ago we started putting in more strict measures about wearing masks and maintaining social distances. It will take atleast a few more months for people to understand that only if they stop moving for non-essentials the spread can be controlled.

Reactions: pkhare23

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
My COPR is expiring in October. Back in April, I never thought I would be looking into an extension but now it seems a possibility :(

The situation is just getting bad. India will most likely overtake Russia next week. We went under lockdown too soon and it went horribly wrong. The rural and the uneducated masses did not understand what coronavirus is and why the need for a lockdown. They thought the virus is just another common fever, and lockdown means just like a normal bandh. They were not aware of the consequences of the spread. The government declared strict lockdown without providing any guidelines and preventive measures. When the lockdown was initially lifted they thought bandh was over started moving in masses.. Only a few weeks ago we started putting in more strict measures about wearing masks and maintaining social distances. It will take atleast a few more months for people to understand that only if they stop moving for non-essentials the spread can be controlled.
Almost every country has struggled to deal with Coronavirus. No government with a reasonable population size can control human social behaviours.