App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
My COPR is expiring in October. Back in April, I never thought I would be looking into an extension but now it seems a possibility :(

The situation is just getting bad. India will most likely overtake Russia next week. We went under lockdown too soon and it went horribly wrong. The rural and the uneducated masses did not understand what coronavirus is and why the need for a lockdown. They thought the virus is just another common fever, and lockdown means just like a normal bandh. They were not aware of the consequences of the spread. The government declared strict lockdown without providing any guidelines and preventive measures. When the lockdown was initially lifted they thought bandh was over started moving in masses.. Only a few weeks ago we started putting in more strict measures about wearing masks and maintaining social distances. It will take atleast a few more months for people to understand that only if they stop moving for non-essentials the spread can be controlled.
I guess India was the worst one in order to control the Coronavirus ..... they were so unfair to everyone first they lied flights were cancelled for a week ... and then they keep extending until july 31 just so their so called air india earn good money

• Sad
Reactions: pumpkin_latte

DIJ2

Mar 21, 2020
I'm planning to move to Canada in 2 weeks from now from U.S. This would be my first time with the COPR, so I'm assuming I can take my car via Detroit-Windsor bridge?
  • For the car, do I need to carry anything else apart from car title document, and declaration of car in GTA form?
  • Just want to make sure that it's allowed to drive in Canada with a car with U.S registration and title?
  • And is this a temporary allowance and would I have to change my car registration to Canada after moving?

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
My COPR is expiring in October. Back in April, I never thought I would be looking into an extension but now it seems a possibility :(

The situation is just getting bad. India will most likely overtake Russia next week. We went under lockdown too soon and it went horribly wrong. The rural and the uneducated masses did not understand what coronavirus is and why the need for a lockdown. They thought the virus is just another common fever, and lockdown means just like a normal bandh. They were not aware of the consequences of the spread. The government declared strict lockdown without providing any guidelines and preventive measures. When the lockdown was initially lifted they thought bandh was over started moving in masses.. Only a few weeks ago we started putting in more strict measures about wearing masks and maintaining social distances. It will take atleast a few more months for people to understand that only if they stop moving for non-essentials the spread can be controlled.
Why dont you take one of VB flight and move...we cant do because of expired COPR

swack60

May 20, 2019
The way I see it is they want to make sure that you will not do soft landing since it will fall under non-essential travel. I have seen 2-3 forum members from US have recently done soft landing through Windsor border.

I believe they want to make sure that non-essential travel between US and Canada is restricted and all travel restrictions are followed.
I agree with you. Probably they are making sure we do understand the overall situation before moving there.

swack60

May 20, 2019
That's the point, if you provide the documents visas will be awarded.

My advice is, if you don't have a job offer, don't come.
Well, I do have a job offer and I don't know how long the potential employer are gonna wait.

Now I have a confusion-- the employer is based out of Quebec. I got CoPR under EE FSW-Outland and wondering if I submit the offer letter as proof of the employment and settlement plan, will the application itself gonna be rejected. My understanding is-- one can travel and settle anywhere in Canada except in Quebec in FSW-outland stream of express entry.

Can you guys please advise how should I proceed?

swack60

May 20, 2019
You are overthinking the email. All they want to know if you gonna stay there. Giving a POF and concrete plan for stay and employment would suffice. They just want to confirm the willingness to stay.
I am really hoping POF and explanation for employment plan and settlement will suffice. It looks like they are really trying hard to keep out the people from traveling to Canada in this pandemic situation.

swack60

May 20, 2019
You can provide POF , any scheduled interviews with companies if you have them or your plan to search for jobs post landing and post quarantine. If you have searched for rental apartment and have a tour scheduled to potential apartments post quarantine you can show that as proof as well.
I feel they would like to know your plan to manage in Canada and willingness to stay and if you have a POF that would suffice and justify the job search post landing and moving to a permanent place post quarantine in airbnb. For point 3, they have also mentioned your proposed travel plan so I guess if you provide them your travel dates and quarantine plan that would justify your readiness to travel.
Thank you for your response in detail. I do have a job offer, but don't want to disclose it to VO as the employer is based out of Quebec.
I am really hoping POF and a plan for employment and settlement, are enough for the CoPR extension.

Reactions: SaraRahul

swack60

May 20, 2019
I think we all are over thinking about it, specially point 1, from all of this information what they basically want to ensure is that people dont come there just for the sake of soft landings and whether or not they are truely ready to travel when they are raising the webform for it.

For point 1 I guess, it can be either of the 3 sub options i.e. if you have long term lease or if you have job offer or if can provide any other justification e.g. you already left your current job to relocate and settle in Canada. We'll just need to share our plans to show our commitment to settle down in Canada now. Even for point 3, they are not asking for confirmed tickets only, you can very well provide proposed itinerary, if cant make it yourself using online ticket searches, just go to any travel agent, they'll charge some amount will provide planned itinerary.

Also, based on our proposed relocation plan, they might extend our travel documents accordingly. So we need to be sure about our ability to meet the proposed travel itinerary as they or may not provide another extenstion if we fail to relocate within extended timelines.
I think someone will not be comfortable in signing a lease without the confirmation on CoPR extension. Same goes for booking a ticket. And I know from my personal experience that finding a job from outside Canada is extremely difficult. Most employer prefers that the candidate are already in Canada before even moving with the interview. So point 1 would be really tough to go with--if IRCC enforce it. I am really hoping with POF and a plan for employment and settlement should suffice the requirement on the extension.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Well, I do have a job offer and I don't know how long the potential employer are gonna wait.

Now I have a confusion-- the employer is based out of Quebec. I got CoPR under EE FSW-Outland and wondering if I submit the offer letter as proof of the employment and settlement plan, will the application itself gonna be rejected. My understanding is-- one can travel and settle anywhere in Canada except in Quebec in FSW-outland stream of express entry.

Can you guys please advise how should I proceed?
As far as I know you can't do landing in Quebec if you applied under EE FSW Outland. Once you have landed in Canada and are done with PR formalities you are free to move and settle anywhere even Quebec.

swack60

May 20, 2019
As far as I know you can't do landing in Quebec if you applied under EE FSW Outland. Once you have landed in Canada and are done with PR formalities you are free to move and settle anywhere even Quebec.
Right, that was my understanding too.
But for CoPR extension, can the application be denied now if I submit the offer letter from Quebec-- on the ground of my intention of settle down there?

cancan0505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hello Guys.
Received following in reply to the raised webform-- "ready to travel". What do think about point 1 and 3? Do we have to have a ticket for traveling and lease document (the easiest one among three!) to establish the willingness to live and settle before the extension? Or these can be addressed during our travel upon receiving the CoPR extension?

===================================================================================================
Dear IRCC client:

This email is destined to clients who have written to us to let us know that they are ready to travel to Canada. Thank you for your patience while we have been adjusting the way we work during the pandemic.

According to our records, you have indicated that you are now ready to travel to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident. Currently, only CoPR holders whose travel to Canada is considered essential are able to enter Canada. In addition, some public health measures are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 in Canada.

Accordingly, we ask that you confirm that you are able to fulfill the requirements described below. In order for IRCC to determine if you can indeed travel to Canada, you must provide the following:

1. Your plans to live and settle in Canada upon arrival
· documents to support your living situation in Canada (i.e. address, lease agreement, home ownership document)
· employment plans in Canada, (i.e. location of work, letter from employer)
· any other relevant information.

2. How you plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada, including how you will have access to groceries, get medical care, and other essential services. While in quarantine, you will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if you have no COVID-19 symptoms.
· proof of funds (i.e, bank and/or credit card statements)

3. your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary
· a description of your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary, including travel tickets if you have already purchased them

Please provide the above information to IRCC by replying to this email. We will evaluate your request upon receipt and let you know whether or not you are approved to travel to Canada at this time.

Please note that only approved permanent residents now able to live and settle in Canada will be allowed into the country at this time due to the ongoing travel restrictions. Travel for temporary stay for reasons such as tourism, entertainment or simply to finalize applications without staying in the country is not allowed and will not be permitted.

Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
===================================================================================================
What category did you apply under? I am wondering why they need a job offer before you can move to Canada? Perhaps it's a requirement under the category that you applied under.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Right, that was my understanding too.
But for CoPR extension, can the application be denied now if I submit the offer letter from Quebec-- on the ground of my intention of settle down there?
This is just my opinion but they shouldn't deny the application just because you have job offer from Quebec. Applicants under EE FSW category can work anywhere and not bound to specific province like PNP. As per the email they want to confirm that you have well thought out plan to settle in Canada before granting extension. Job offer is the part of that plan. That satisfies their requirement point 1.

If you are really in doubt you can raise a webform and directly ask IRCC or create a post here with email from IRCC and your queries and tag legalfalcon or other seniors.

Reactions: swack60

Sumankita

Jul 4, 2020
Extending the validity of medical means PRV and COPR will be extended as well, but you still have to send passports to get a new visa and COPR.

I still don't understand though why some people are being asked to redo medicals. The instructions given to visa offices 2 months ago were to extend medicals for M1 and M3. And when I say instructions I am not referring to the public website where the info was posted. I haven't checked to see if that info was removed from there. Regardless I am referring to the instructions given to visa offices.
I have valid COPR. How would i know my medical exam grades like M1 or M3 . I do not find any such grade in my medical report . Hence asking ...