App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
You are overthinking the email. All they want to know if you gonna stay there. Giving a POF and concrete plan for stay and employment would suffice. They just want to confirm the willingness to stay.
Exactly.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
This doesn't make sense(it's not fair) , they can't possibly expect people to spend on stay and travel ticket just to show as proof. What if they don't end up giving you the visa on time?
Also , most people go there and find employment.
This just looks like they're making already difficult situation a lot more annoying for us!!
It makes perfect sense, you need to have a plan.

When we arrived we even had our Aibnb host buy us groceries for the first couple of days, they need you to have a plan because these are unprecedented time. It's not unfair.

Unfair would be you arriving without a plan and then having your kids starve or get sick and not have medications.

Unfair would be that you arrive carrying the virus and because of ill preparing you have to go out and infect others.

Unfair would be leaving your home to come to a place where all you will do is spend.

I am fairly experienced in a unique job market, and 2 months have gone by and I have no job yet.

Housing could come at a cost of 8K for 4 months because you have no credit yet to get approved for a home. It's not easy, trust me.

malikjatin

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Hello Friends,
I need an Urgent Help, if you can help please.
I got my COPR along with my wife and 1 year old daughter in December 2019. Medicals July 2019.
Our COPR expiring in 20 July 2020. & we haven't flown till now for soft landing or anything. Then Covid19 happened in March, and I was really scared to travel with a kid.
So, I am really worried what will happen to my COPR? I checked CIC site, it states if you not able to travel due to Covid19, please raise web form. Don't know what is the use of that?
Can you please help me as to what is the best alternative available for me right now,
Even though Flights resume operations in July 2020, i will be scared to go on a such a long journey with a kid especially in this condition.

Can you please respond on this? I will be happy to provide any more information if you require to answer this? Thanks in advance.

Can you guys please suggest that if there is any risk of losing PR status through this process?

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Hello Friends,
I got my COPR along with my wife and 1 year old daughter in December 2019. Medicals July 2019.
Our COPR expiring in 20 July 2020. & we haven't flown till now for soft landing or anything. Then Covid19 happened in March, and I was really scared to travel with a kid.
So, I am really worried what will happen to my COPR? I checked CIC site, it states if you not able to travel due to Covid19, please raise web form. Don't know what is the use of that?
Can you please help me as to what is the best alternative available for me right now,
Even though Flights resume operations in July 2020, i will be scared to go on a such a long journey with a kid especially in this condition.

Can you please respond on this? I will be happy to provide any more information if you require to answer this? Thanks in advance.

Can you guys please suggest that if there is any risk of losing PR status through this process?
You won't be allowed to enter even with your CoPR unless your travel is essential.

If you don't want to travel, don't.

There is no risk on losing it, you just send the webform and say you can't travel now, your app will be sent back for review, when you are ready to travel again, they will re-issue your CoPR.

Reactions: pkhare23

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Hello Friends,

Just raise a webform informing CIC you are unwilling to travel. Tell them that you are worried about traveling with a child during this pandemic. Once you raise a web-form they will know that you are unwilling to travel.

At a later date once you are able to travel you will have to raise a webform informing them about your ability to travel. Then you will be given further instructions on steps to taken for your COPR extension depending on your visa office.

To answer your second question just because you can't travel or are unwilling to travel doesn't mean they will cancel your PR or COPR. They understand that this pandemic is affecting the travel for all hence the COPR extensions.

Hope this answers all your questions.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Stressful, I have had interviews at least and things are picking up. Support from JVS has been amazing.

Not being able to network has been hard.
Interesting, I thought no one was hiring right now, especially in non-IT fields. Glad to hear it isn’t so.

What kind of support is JVS providing at the moment? Have you been asked about Canadian work experience at interviews?

Good luck with your job hunting.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
It makes perfect sense, you need to have a plan.

When we arrived we even had our Aibnb host buy us groceries for the first couple of days, they need you to have a plan because these are unprecedented time. It's not unfair.

Unfair would be you arriving without a plan and then having your kids starve or get sick and not have medications.

Unfair would be that you arrive carrying the virus and because of ill preparing you have to go out and infect others.

Unfair would be leaving your home to come to a place where all you will do is spend.

I am fairly experienced in a unique job market, and 2 months have gone by and I have no job yet.

Housing could come at a cost of 8K for 4 months because you have no credit yet to get approved for a home. It's not easy, trust me.
I don't think any applicant with CoPR would have job in hand before landing. Even, if there is any it would be tiny fraction. So, instead of wasting resources IRCC should mention on their website that those with job offers prior to landing would only be allowed to come. Until then it's blanket ban for all. What's really happening is many visa offices have resumed extending medical validities.

Last edited:

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Is there anyone in this group from India with visa office New Delhi who has raised a web form ready to travel?
Nope! Waiting for VFS office and International flight to resume. It would be a waste at this time to raise ability to travel as Indian VO has mentioned that they will contact us once international flights are resumed.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
I don't think any applicant with CoPR would have job in hand before landing. Even, if there is any it would be tiny fraction. So, instead of wasting resources IRCC should mention on their website that those with job offers prior to landing would be allowed to come. Until then it's blanket ban for all. What's really happening is many visa offices have resumed extending medical validities?
Not everyone has priorities the way you enlist them.
I highly disagree that there should be a “blanket ban”. We are adults, if someone has a valid CoPR and wants to settle in Canada now, they should be allowed. How they would provide for themselves beyond PoF is their own business. Maybe they have a rich aunt or are ready to wait tables. As long as they self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival I have no issue.

sikand1111

Jun 13, 2019
Hi,

Did you book the ticket through customer care or website? Was it a fresh booking or rescheduled one? Because I had to reschedule my ticket and tried thrice through customer care yesterday but they said reschedule team was busy and would arrange a call back but they did not.

Thanks
I got it booked via AirIndia Vande Bharat. It was really pain and had to glue to the screen to 2.5 hours to see if there was any ticket availability but finally got it booked but was scared even after the payment was deducted.

One more friend of mine had his payment deducted but ticket was not finalized, therefore he had to call AirIndia for 3 hours to get it confirmed.
I have experienced that Airbnb hosts are not willing to rent their apartments to newcomers for quarantine purpose..Anybody with similar experience?
I have experienced the same thing as most of the high priced were excepting the bookings but nay low priced were not catering for the same, therefore I had to book $3000+ accomodation for a month in Downtown as landing date was few days later i.e. on 5th of July.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
I highly disagree that there should be a “blanket ban”. We are adults, if someone has a valid CoPR and wants to settle in Canada now, they should be allowed. How they would provide for themselves beyond PoF is their own business. Maybe they have a rich aunt or are ready to wait tables. As long as they self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival I have no issue.
You misread me. I'm not endorsing blanket ban. I replied to OP view that those with job offer would be allowed in Canada. I agree with your point.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
You misread me. I'm not endorsing blanket ban. I replied to OP view that those with job offer would be allowed in Canada.
Its a generic email and IRCC is not typing emails for every person. Only employment is not the deciding factor. All they want to know if you travel to stay or not at this time. "At this time" means when virus situation is at its full show in other countries like US and India. People who gonna stay in Canada will contribute to its economy. So they are preferring those first at this time.

asohal1327

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hello Guys.
Received following in reply to the raised webform-- "ready to travel". What do think about point 1 and 3? Do we have to have a ticket for traveling and lease document (the easiest one among three!) to establish the willingness to live and settle before the extension? Or these can be addressed during our travel upon receiving the CoPR extension?

===================================================================================================
Dear IRCC client:

This email is destined to clients who have written to us to let us know that they are ready to travel to Canada. Thank you for your patience while we have been adjusting the way we work during the pandemic.

According to our records, you have indicated that you are now ready to travel to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident. Currently, only CoPR holders whose travel to Canada is considered essential are able to enter Canada. In addition, some public health measures are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 in Canada.

Accordingly, we ask that you confirm that you are able to fulfill the requirements described below. In order for IRCC to determine if you can indeed travel to Canada, you must provide the following:

1. Your plans to live and settle in Canada upon arrival
· documents to support your living situation in Canada (i.e. address, lease agreement, home ownership document)
· employment plans in Canada, (i.e. location of work, letter from employer)
· any other relevant information.

2. How you plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada, including how you will have access to groceries, get medical care, and other essential services. While in quarantine, you will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if you have no COVID-19 symptoms.
· proof of funds (i.e, bank and/or credit card statements)

3. your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary
· a description of your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary, including travel tickets if you have already purchased them

Please provide the above information to IRCC by replying to this email. We will evaluate your request upon receipt and let you know whether or not you are approved to travel to Canada at this time.

Please note that only approved permanent residents now able to live and settle in Canada will be allowed into the country at this time due to the ongoing travel restrictions. Travel for temporary stay for reasons such as tourism, entertainment or simply to finalize applications without staying in the country is not allowed and will not be permitted.

Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
===================================================================================================
I think we all are over thinking about it, specially point 1, from all of this information what they basically want to ensure is that people dont come there just for the sake of soft landings and whether or not they are truely ready to travel when they are raising the webform for it.

For point 1 I guess, it can be either of the 3 sub options i.e. if you have long term lease or if you have job offer or if can provide any other justification e.g. you already left your current job to relocate and settle in Canada. We'll just need to share our plans to show our commitment to settle down in Canada now. Even for point 3, they are not asking for confirmed tickets only, you can very well provide proposed itinerary, if cant make it yourself using online ticket searches, just go to any travel agent, they'll charge some amount will provide planned itinerary.

Also, based on our proposed relocation plan, they might extend our travel documents accordingly. So we need to be sure about our ability to meet the proposed travel itinerary as they or may not provide another extenstion if we fail to relocate within extended timelines.

Shariq78

Jun 14, 2018
Hi,
Im new here. I have an expired copr and I raised a webform for ready to travel on July 2nd. Has anyone received a reply to ready to travel webform yet? Or has anyone got their copr extended? Please share experience.