+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

turbomau5

Apr 23, 2020
No you can't book Vande Bharat flights through travel agents. You will have to keep on trying through AI website. Please keep checking in like hour or 2 hope you get those tickets.

I heard from a friend yesterday that flight booking opened yesterday and within a span of 2 mins all tickets were booked.
Okay, thank you for the response.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
I am wondering how to provide those documents they're asking when there's no certainty regarding CoPR extension. How can someone plan without any details of visa issuance?
That's the point, if you provide the documents visas will be awarded.

My advice is, if you don't have a job offer, don't come.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019

What if one answers that they have funds for whole year to survive and gave up job in their home country (provide documents for that) in order to move to Canada?

Last edited:
Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020

This doesn't make sense(it's not fair) , they can't possibly expect people to spend on stay and travel ticket just to show as proof. What if they don't end up giving you the visa on time?
Also , most people go there and find employment.
This just looks like they're making already difficult situation a lot more annoying for us!!

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I am wondering how to provide those documents they're asking when there's no certainty regarding CoPR extension. How can someone plan without any details of visa issuance?
Hahah I absolutely agree! It's ridiculous! You must ask them how they intend on having that information without giving us even the slightest idea of how long it'll take them to issue a new visa and the extent of it's validity.

This is such a catch-22

Also, may i know your visa office

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
This doesn't make sense(it's not fair) , they can't possibly expect people to spend on stay and travel ticket just to show as proof. What if they don't end up giving you the visa on time?
Also , most people go there and find employment.
This just looks like they're making already difficult situation a lot more annoying for us!!
You are overthinking the email. All they want to know if you gonna stay there. Giving a POF and concrete plan for stay and employment would suffice. They just want to confirm the willingness to stay.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hello Guys.
Received following in reply to the raised webform-- "ready to travel". What do think about point 1 and 3? Do we have to have a ticket for traveling and lease document (the easiest one among three!) to establish the willingness to live and settle before the extension? Or these can be addressed during our travel upon receiving the CoPR extension?

===================================================================================================
Dear IRCC client:

This email is destined to clients who have written to us to let us know that they are ready to travel to Canada. Thank you for your patience while we have been adjusting the way we work during the pandemic.

According to our records, you have indicated that you are now ready to travel to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident. Currently, only CoPR holders whose travel to Canada is considered essential are able to enter Canada. In addition, some public health measures are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 in Canada.

Accordingly, we ask that you confirm that you are able to fulfill the requirements described below. In order for IRCC to determine if you can indeed travel to Canada, you must provide the following:

1. Your plans to live and settle in Canada upon arrival
· documents to support your living situation in Canada (i.e. address, lease agreement, home ownership document)
· employment plans in Canada, (i.e. location of work, letter from employer)
· any other relevant information.

2. How you plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada, including how you will have access to groceries, get medical care, and other essential services. While in quarantine, you will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if you have no COVID-19 symptoms.
· proof of funds (i.e, bank and/or credit card statements)

3. your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary
· a description of your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary, including travel tickets if you have already purchased them

Please provide the above information to IRCC by replying to this email. We will evaluate your request upon receipt and let you know whether or not you are approved to travel to Canada at this time.

Please note that only approved permanent residents now able to live and settle in Canada will be allowed into the country at this time due to the ongoing travel restrictions. Travel for temporary stay for reasons such as tourism, entertainment or simply to finalize applications without staying in the country is not allowed and will not be permitted.

Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
===================================================================================================
Hi,
When did you raise the form for "ready to travel"?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
You are overthinking the email. All they want to know if you gonna stay there. Giving a POF and concrete plan for stay and employment would suffice. They just want to confirm the willingness to stay.
Hi,
I totally agree with you that they want to know the intentions but how you going to prove about employment? People start searching for jobs after landing. Also, no employer entertains unless the applicant is in Canada.

Reactions: tusa47

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi,
I totally agree with you that they want to know the intentions but how you going to prove about employment? People start searching for jobs after landing. Also, no employer entertains unless the applicant is in Canada.
All you need to mention to officer that you will be applying for a job after landing and there are job openings in Canada for your skillset. POF is handy in such situations to convince officer that you can sustain yourself till you don't get employment. This email is sent to a US based applicant and situation is different for every country. Other VO might not ask for same documents to prove the eligibility to travel at this time.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
All you need to mention to officer that you will be applying for a job after landing and there are job openings in Canada for your skillset. POF is handy in such situations to convince officer that you can sustain yourself till you don't get employment. This email is sent to a US based applicant and situation is different for every country. Other VO might not ask for same documents to prove the eligibility to travel at this time.
Thanks for the reply.
I was also thinking same. Rules may be different for different countries.
Lets see what we get after raising the "ready to travel form".
Hope for the best.

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hello Guys.
Received following in reply to the raised webform-- "ready to travel". What do think about point 1 and 3? Do we have to have a ticket for traveling and lease document (the easiest one among three!) to establish the willingness to live and settle before the extension? Or these can be addressed during our travel upon receiving the CoPR extension?

Dear IRCC client:

This email is destined to clients who have written to us to let us know that they are ready to travel to Canada. Thank you for your patience while we have been adjusting the way we work during the pandemic.

According to our records, you have indicated that you are now ready to travel to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident. Currently, only CoPR holders whose travel to Canada is considered essential are able to enter Canada. In addition, some public health measures are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 in Canada.

Accordingly, we ask that you confirm that you are able to fulfill the requirements described below. In order for IRCC to determine if you can indeed travel to Canada, you must provide the following:

1. Your plans to live and settle in Canada upon arrival
· documents to support your living situation in Canada (i.e. address, lease agreement, home ownership document)
· employment plans in Canada, (i.e. location of work, letter from employer)
· any other relevant information.

2. How you plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada, including how you will have access to groceries, get medical care, and other essential services. While in quarantine, you will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if you have no COVID-19 symptoms.
· proof of funds (i.e, bank and/or credit card statements)

3. your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary
· a description of your proposed or confirmed travel itinerary, including travel tickets if you have already purchased them

Please provide the above information to IRCC by replying to this email. We will evaluate your request upon receipt and let you know whether or not you are approved to travel to Canada at this time.

Please note that only approved permanent residents now able to live and settle in Canada will be allowed into the country at this time due to the ongoing travel restrictions. Travel for temporary stay for reasons such as tourism, entertainment or simply to finalize applications without staying in the country is not allowed and will not be permitted.

Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
You can provide POF , any scheduled interviews with companies if you have them or your plan to search for jobs post landing and post quarantine. If you have searched for rental apartment and have a tour scheduled to potential apartments post quarantine you can show that as proof as well.
I feel they would like to know your plan to manage in Canada and willingness to stay and if you have a POF that would suffice and justify the job search post landing and moving to a permanent place post quarantine in airbnb. For point 3, they have also mentioned your proposed travel plan so I guess if you provide them your travel dates and quarantine plan that would justify your readiness to travel.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hahah I absolutely agree! It's ridiculous! You must ask them how they intend on having that information without giving us even the slightest idea of how long it'll take them to issue a new visa and the extent of it's validity.

This is such a catch-22

Also, may i know your visa office
Visa office is New Delhi.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
@dr.josemrod how is the life in Canada now that you have landed successfully. ?
Stressful, I have had interviews at least and things are picking up. Support from JVS has been amazing.

Not being able to network has been hard.