+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Lufthansa has Bombay Toronto? Direct? The thing is Lufthansa is risky for us copr holders. Otherwise everyone would opt for that
I don't think they have direct. You will be changing planes at Frankfurt.

Someone posted an article here that Lufthansa denied boarding to Indians. The article stated that staffs at airport refused to allow even PR holders of Canada and their family to board the Lufthansa aircraft. The Indian government did not give them permission to fly Indians even if they had valid residence permit to their destination. The aircraft was solely only for German nationals.

canadadreamer2020

May 13, 2020
Guys I had asked IRCC on twitter that my new copr will have a issue date after 18th March will I be exempted from the restrictions ?So they have replied that
" 1/2 Hi, if your initial CoPR was issued on or before March 18 and you requested to be issued a new one via webform, the initial CoPR (first one) will be the defining one for travel into Canada. You should bring the original CoPR,
2/2 the permanent resident visa (if applicable), and any further correspondence received from IRCC with you when you choose to travel.
Nikki Note: the social media team cannot comment further as entry into Canada is at the discretion of the border services officer."

That means we all with original copr before 18th March shall be exempted from restrictions.Though I think now they might remove all restrictions withing 1 or 2 months by the time we get new copr.
Also guys as they have mentioned our old COPR is the defining document it seems there are more chances of eCOPR along with this old one.
"
You should bring the original CoPR,
2/2 the permanent resident visa (if applicable), and any further correspondence received from IRCC with you when you choose to travel."

Please share your thoughts..
@Canaspirant xyz
@whyCorona
@SithLord
@Sidd1988can

Peaceonly

Jun 9, 2020
No one knows when they will be lifted. We will know tomorrow if international border closer will be lifted or extended.
What I heard is they gona extend border restrictions till 31st July but yes ,, there is hope that they might allow copr (approved after 18th March ) too.
But again can not assure as I too heard it from another group.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
What I heard is they gona extend border restrictions till 31st July but yes ,, there is hope that they might allow copr (approved after 18th March ) too.
But again can not assure as I too heard it from another group.
Yeah I heard it all those rumours some are saying July end some are saying August end .... But till Trudeau announcement everything is just what it is rumours.

Reactions: CountessO

a.adenike

Jun 15, 2020
In another thread I'm following, someone said he just got an email and pdf document in his gckey, stating that his copr has been extended by 10 months, his medicals expired this june. He submitted his passport in March but didn't get it back before vfs shut down. His visa office is accra
Please can you share a link to that thread?

Ginobily

Oct 16, 2019
Here's the main part of the letter I received:

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
Hi, congratulations on the application approval! I received the same letter weeks ago, and I'm wondering if this document is considered as the offical CoPR document. Can I send my photo together with this letter back to CIC for PR card application? I googled how an offical coPR document looks like and it was quite different from this one. It also says "if you have a CoPR document in-hand", which makes it a bit confusing. May I ask if I could expect a paper copy of CoPR arriving to my mailbox soon or this digital one is the final version?

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
How was your travelling and landing experience ?
It was very comfortable. Direct flight from Dubai and they provide hygiene kits to all passengers which includes masks, gloves, disinfectants and hand sanitizer. Also, lavatories are cleaned every hour or so but best is to avoid as much as possible. Proper hot meals served twice and snacks in between. Beverage service is available so overall it's quite a decent experience during covid.

Landing was also pretty smooth, no long queues and very friendly officer. They asked about funds you are carrying with you and details of your quarantine address (They take the health declaration form you are provided inflight which will have your address). We were done with all formalities within an hour of landing. Now in self isolation which completes on this Friday.

I was able to get a phone SIM online and you can easily manage groceries and food as everything gets delivered to your doorstep. Keep in mind some merchants only accept Canadian credit cards so you might need to work your way around it. Generally everything is manageable.

If you or anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Also guys as they have mentioned our old COPR is the defining document it seems there are more chances of eCOPR along with this old one.
"
2/2 the permanent resident visa (if applicable), and any further correspondence received from IRCC with you when you choose to travel."

@Canaspirant xyz
@whyCorona
@SithLord
@Sidd1988can
It will be really great if it happens and many ppl are demanding for it.Actually that makes sense if we have old copr their will be no chances of froad in case of e coprs issued.

Reactions: FatemahPK

icanh

Oct 1, 2019
It was very comfortable. Direct flight from Dubai and they provide hygiene kits to all passengers which includes masks, gloves, disinfectants and hand sanitizer. Also, lavatories are cleaned every hour or so but best is to avoid as much as possible. Proper hot meals served twice and snacks in between. Beverage service is available so overall it's quite a decent experience during covid.

Landing was also pretty smooth, no long queues and very friendly officer. They asked about funds you are carrying with you and details of your quarantine address (They take the health declaration form you are provided inflight which will have your address). We were done with all formalities within an hour of landing. Now in self isolation which completes on this Friday.

I was able to get a phone SIM online and you can easily manage groceries and food as everything gets delivered to your doorstep. Keep in mind some merchants only accept Canadian credit cards so you might need to work your way around it. Generally everything is manageable.

If you or anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.
Congrats on landing! Just curious, how do you manage to take out the trash? Are you allowed to step out of where you are staying to do so? I’m landing next week.

Reactions: pumpkin_latte

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
"

@Canaspirant xyz
@whyCorona
@SithLord
@Sidd1988can
This sounds good but we should rely on instructions from IRCC after we send them webform/email for our ability to travel. Every VO is working differently one has asked for remedicals and one has auto extended the medicals and advised the applicant that new CoPR will not come under exemption list and should only book tickets after instructions from IRCC regarding CoPR extension.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Congrats on landing! Just curious, how do you manage to take out the trash? Are you allowed to step out of where you are staying to do so? I’m landing next week.
I'm staying in a condo so just dispose it off in a chute on the same floor. That has been my only outing so far lol.

Reactions: icanh

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
This sounds good but we should rely on instructions from IRCC after we send them webform/email for our ability to travel. Every VO is working differently one has asked for remedicals and one has auto extended the medicals and advised the applicant that new CoPR will not come under exemption list and should only book tickets after instructions from IRCC regarding CoPR extension.
They should have common policies for all visa offices.Why are they confusing ppl.Once any Indian gets extension ,we will get an idea of ndvo policies.