+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

t1910

Jun 2, 2017
Hi, my parents copr will expire on August 12 they were supposed to book their tickets for May but due to lock down we couldn't do anything. Now the problem is my dad's passport will also expire on August 12. Will the airlines allow them to board the plane that has less than 6 months validity if at all they open up for international flights. Can anyone throw some light on this situation.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
As per the tweet of Hardeep Singh puri and few news articles it is said that AI tickets are fairly priced as comapred to other airlines. Furthermore they have to fly empty planes over long distances and then cost of maintenance and everything hence the prices.
I have seen Lufthansa charge 90k for mumbai to Toronto back in mid June.

I don't know why AI would price it so expensive.:(
As per the articles I have read technically, they aren't flying empty planes. Through this Repatriation flights they're still flying in passengers to the destination country and flying out stranded people, making money both ways. Our government has not given permission to repatriation flights from other countries to do the same instead they are only allowed to enter empty planes and fly out their citizens. I guess that's why USA and UAE have issued notices to Indian government that they will ban Air India flights since they have been abusing the system.

90K on Lufthansa for Mumbai-Toronto is still a lot cheaper than 1.4 lakhs from Delhi-Toronto in Air India. Besides you get to fly in Lufthansa which has better quality aircraft and seats.

markmw

Feb 3, 2019
I see couple of comments that stated KLM and Lufthansa not allowing PR card holders. This must be specific to India because KLM and Lufthansa both refer to specific country entry rules. Nothing says they are only taking citizens.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
As per the articles I have read technically, they aren't flying empty planes. Through this Repatriation flights they're still flying in passengers to the destination country and flying out stranded people, making money both ways. Our government has not given permission to repatriation flights from other countries to do the same instead they are only allowed to enter empty planes and fly out their citizens. I guess that's why USA and UAE have issued notices to Indian government that they will ban Air India flights since they have been abusing the system.

90K on Lufthansa for Mumbai-Toronto is still a lot cheaper than 1.4 lakhs from Delhi-Toronto in Air India. Besides you get to fly in Lufthansa which has better quality aircraft and seats.
I completely agree to your points. It looks like AI is trying to make up for 2 months hiatus.

Personally I would prefer to fly by Emirates, Etihad or BA.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Guys I had asked IRCC on twitter that my new copr will have a issue date after 18th March will I be exempted from the restrictions ?So they have replied that
" 1/2 Hi, if your initial CoPR was issued on or before March 18 and you requested to be issued a new one via webform, the initial CoPR (first one) will be the defining one for travel into Canada. You should bring the original CoPR,
2/2 the permanent resident visa (if applicable), and any further correspondence received from IRCC with you when you choose to travel. Note: the social media team cannot comment further as entry into Canada is at the discretion of the border services officer."

That means we all with original copr before 18th March shall be exempted from restrictions.Though I think now they might remove all restrictions withing 1 or 2 months by the time we get new copr.

Abajaj

Dec 16, 2018
Those whom their medicals expired while their passport is still with vfs/VO are beginning to recieve emails and updates in their gckey stating that their copr has been extended till next year.
It is really good news if this is happening. Can you please share the source or any screenshot to authenticate this.

Reactions: CountessO

Obioha

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
In another thread I'm following, someone said he just got an email and pdf document in his gckey, stating that his copr has been extended by 10 months, his medicals expired this june. He submitted his passport in March but didn't get it back before vfs shut down. His visa office is accra

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
In another thread I'm following, someone said he just got an email and pdf document in his gckey, stating that his copr has been extended by 10 months, his medicals expired this june. He submitted his passport in March but didn't get it back before vfs shut down. His visa office is accra
Looks like different VO are processing extension in different ways since there is no clarity from IRCC regarding this.

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
Lufthansa has Bombay Toronto? Direct? The thing is Lufthansa is risky for us copr holders. Otherwise everyone would opt for that

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
me too! Don’t mind any of those!
I completely agree to your points. It looks like AI is trying to make up for 2 months hiatus.

Personally I would prefer to fly by Emirates, Etihad or BA.