+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

canadadreamer2020

May 13, 2020
No, I have not because there is no clarity about the travel yet. VFS Global office is closed and international flights are not available yet. Other than this VO in India has mentioned to contact us when Intentional flights will be available. I am just monitoring the situation.
We are also in the same thought

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Same situation as you..My application is not reopened yet..it is still approved status only...yes they are waiting for international flights...even qw are also waiting for international flights Nd vfs to open to raise the ready to travel webform..btw when did ur COPR expired
CoPR expired in first week of May. I got three flight cancellations before I gave up due to CoPR expiry.

Copernicus

Mar 22, 2020
Hi Everyone

Is there anyone here applying from India/Mumbai?

Received the mail to submit my passport on March 10 and subsequently submitted the same on March 18 to VFS. On March 21 got an update from IRCC saying that my application was updated. Showed that it was 100% complete and the counterfoil was applicable till October. Guessing this was the COPR.

Just checked the status of my passport again through the VFS tracking link and it showed that it was still in transit. It has been so since March 21, especially since on March 24 the lockdown in India began.

Is there anyone in a similar situation here - Passport submitted and received COPR but waiting for VFS to let us know when to collect the passport? Since it's been close to 3 months, I do find myself getting anxious, with no word from VFS.

Thanks in advance for replying. Good luck with your respective applications!

Have a great day!

abrahamp

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hey guys..... I am a PR holder and my wife will be joining with here in September. I was planning to the extended lease of the current place where I am staying its private basement apartment with separate entrance, washroom, and kitchen. As soon as My wife I arrive I was planning to take leave from work for 14 days to follow quarantine protocol. But the only issue is that my landlords who are living on the main floor are elderly retired couples who may fall into the vulnerable category. But we rarely come in contact with each other in the driveway of our house, which could be avoided if we are even more careful. should I find someplace else because of this issue??? TIA

PavD

May 20, 2013
Guys !please check this out.....https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/covid-19-customer-advisories.html
This was updated today.Visa offices are opening .Please check and see if yours is opened .It was updated today

rex230

Dec 9, 2019
Air India guys said they will allow additional baggage because I have an International flight. I hope there won't be much hassle. Could you please tell me if they asked for any document other than COPR and Passport at Delhi?
we were asked for only COPR and Passport.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Guys !please check this out.....https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/covid-19-customer-advisories.html
This was updated today.Visa offices are opening .Please check and see if yours is opened .It was updated today
If I am not seeing anything wrong. VFS India is still closed.

despairedh1b

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
USA-Canada-USA (14 Day Quarantine) - Returned yesterday after 14 days (Thank you to those who provided me inputs). Here's my overview:

USA-Canada:

1) US side was crowded. I could not check in online so had to stand in the line at the airlines counter (few people did not even wear masks). Security check in had decent social distancing. Boarding mandated wearing masks - flight was practically empty.
2) Upon landing I had a quarantine plan sheet with details on where I am staying, etc. but wasn't asked
3) Immigration was straightforward - Provided friend's address as care of (c/o) and CoPR. Was only asked how much cash I was carrying - no proof of funds requested. CoPR stamped.
4) Customs: I had declared car for some reason - they took it out of the list saying its a separate import process. Rest was straightforward and stamped. The guy was new and said even if my old laptop died, I cannot import a new one (it has to be the old one)

14 Day Quarantine:

1) Pretty much stayed inside and followed rules to the tee (I was in one of the Marriott hotels)
2) For groceries, I did grocerygetaway. Also occasionally did doordash - Idea was to have as healthy diet as I can with some leeway for sanity
3) Did not get any calls - only two emails from the govt of canada. I called up public health to check when exactly I can leave, they gave me a date and I booked return tickets for that date.
4) I did not get SIN or Bank Account - Did not want to extend my days especially due to the looming executive order (I heard someone applied with US address - Not sure if that would work) - I also anyways mostly plan to move next year.

Canada-USA:

1) Canada side was much more organized. Mobile check in, so avoided the crowd at airlines counter. Not a single person was without mask, there was also 360 social distancing as well as wipes next to security check-in to wipe the boxes. Boarding mandated wearing masks - flight was packed.
2) US Immigration: Just took passport and stamped. Neither i-797 nor any questions were asked
3) US side landing was again crowded as you land at domestic side. Wore mask and face-shield. Took sanitizer bottles both ways.

Overall: I feel I made it back in the nick of time in this climate especially with the looming EO. For others trying to attempt USA-Canada, I would suggest wait for the EO. Like others did for me, I am open to help out if you have any questions - just ping me.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi Everyone

Received the mail to submit my passport on March 10 and subsequently submitted the same on March 18 to VFS. On March 21 got an update from IRCC saying that my application was updated. Showed that it was 100% complete and the counterfoil was applicable till October. Guessing this was the COPR.

Just checked the status of my passport again through the VFS tracking link and it showed that it was still in transit. It has been so since March 21, especially since on March 24 the lockdown in India began.

Is there anyone in a similar situation here - Passport submitted and received COPR but waiting for VFS to let us know when to collect the passport? Since it's been close to 3 months, I do find myself getting anxious, with no word from VFS.

Have a great day!
Has it reached VFS and you opted for it to be delivered at your place? OR is it in transit from High Commission to VFS?

Peaceonly

Jun 9, 2020
Hi Everyone

Have a great day!
Yes ,, our passport is also stucked at vfs and it’s been stamped,, unfortunately it’s all locked after that. So I suppose your copr approved date will be after 18 March.