+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hi everyone. I have been on this thread from page 10 and have been actively following it since.
I have finally landed in Canada and would like to share my experience. I hope this helps calm the nerves for some of you.

DUBAI - TORONTO - CALGARY

After 3 cancelled flights by KLM, I ended up asking for a refund and booking my flight with Emirates Airline.
As many of you UAE residents must already be aware, new travel restrictions are being implemented starting 23rd of June in UAE for all travellers travelling in or out of the country. Since my flight was on 24, I couldn't risk having another failed attempt at landing.
I preponed my flight to 19th June and landed.

Landing Experience :
Landed at Toronto Pearson Terminal 1 at 3pm and the airport was deserted. There were no lines at immigration.
Immigration officer asked for both copies of my COPR along with my passport and declaration card. He asked me to wait while he verified the details on his system. In less than 5 minutes, he called out my name, asked me to sign both copies, asked me if I was aware of the 14 days mandatory quarantine, and said "Welcome to Canada"
He didn't ask me ANY details about my quarantine plan even though I had it all ready.
Baggage collection and custom clearance took less than 15 minutes. Custom officer only asked me if I had any meat products to which I said no. I declared more than 10k cash so she took my signature on a paper and I was good to go.
I then took the Link train to Terminal 3 for my domestic flight to Calgary.

I'm currently at an Airbnb serving my 14 days of quarantine.

The entire process was VERY smooth and easy and the immigration officer was very friendly and professional.

I'd be happy to answer if anyone has questions.

Abdulgafar

Jun 1, 2019
Hi everyone. I have been on this thread from page 10 and have been actively following it since.
I have finally landed in Canada and would like to share my experience. I hope this helps calm the nerves for some of you.

DUBAI - TORONTO - CALGARY

After 3 cancelled flights by KLM, I ended up asking for a refund and booking my flight with Emirates Airline.
As many of you UAE residents must already be aware, new travel restrictions are being implemented starting 23rd of June in UAE for all travellers travelling in or out of the country. Since my flight was on 24, I couldn't risk having another failed attempt at landing.
I preponed my flight to 19th June and landed.

Landing Experience :
Landed at Toronto Pearson Terminal 1 at 3pm and the airport was deserted. There were no lines at immigration.
Immigration officer asked for both copies of my COPR along with my passport and declaration card. He asked me to wait while he verified the details on his system. In less than 5 minutes, he called out my name, asked me to sign both copies, asked me if I was aware of the 14 days mandatory quarantine, and said "Welcome to Canada"
He didn't ask me ANY details about my quarantine plan even though I had it all ready.
Baggage collection and custom clearance took less than 15 minutes. Custom officer only asked me if I had any meat products to which I said no. I declared more than 10k cash so she took my signature on a paper and I was good to go.
I then took the Link train to Terminal 3 for my domestic flight to Calgary.

I'm currently at an Airbnb serving my 14 days of quarantine.

The entire process was VERY smooth and easy and the immigration officer was very friendly and professional.

I'd be happy to answer if anyone has questions.
Congratulations, @saad_im

Reactions: saad_im

Raghuveer

Apr 4, 2020

roshinshabu

Jun 3, 2020
I am not sure about extra baggage policy for Air India.

For domestic flight (Vistara), they said I will not be allowed to check-in an extra 23 kg bag even if I purchase it online ( along with one 23kg which is currently allowed in domestic). So i just dropped my plans to take an additional bag. It was confusing since they were still allowing to purchase excess baggage online. Better to call domestic airline and confirm.
Air India guys said they will allow additional baggage because I have an International flight. I hope there won't be much hassle. Could you please tell me if they asked for any document other than COPR and Passport at Delhi?

Mr.Sidhu

Jun 4, 2020
I have request to all COPR holder's please email/tweet or inform to IRCC any other way i.e.please provide us digital copy of extended COPR and paper visa through email so that they could reduce workload on VFS/VAC.Also safest way for everyone.This is my opinion .... thanks

turbomau5

Apr 23, 2020
I have request to all COPR holder's please email/tweet or inform to IRCC any other way i.e.please provide us digital copy of extended COPR and paper visa through email so that they could reduce workload on VFS/VAC.Also safest way for everyone.This is my opinion .... thanks
Yeah that would be awesome.