+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Hk1991

Apr 21, 2018
Hey everyone!

I had posted my experience in a few groups around but totally forgot to mention it here. A place that helped me out big time. I appreciate everyones input for the past year with all queries. I hope and pray we all cope with these troubling times and reach Canada real soon. I officially landed on the 1st of June. Currently halfway done with quarantine!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*long post alert*

Hey everyone!

Firstly, I’m grateful for all the support I’ve received from people on all social media platforms which had made this a very familiar process even before I boarded the aircraft.

On June 1st 2020 I took EK241 from DXB-YYZ.
I figured that it wouldn’t be a full flight and social distancing will be in place so I chose seat 42A online far away from people.

Flight departure was at 0905 AM. They had asked me to be there at least 4 hours before the flight. Now I was in a dilemma as Dubai had movement restrictions and I didn’t want to be flashed by the radar. So I ended up leaving my house after 6AM. I reached the airport at 615 AM (luckily I live in Mirdif).

Walked in to the terminal... there was thermal screening and then I was given the travel hygiene kit and a ‘coronavirus form’ which was a Canadian document.

Right before the check-in there was a document control check point. The gentlemen asked details on my PR status etc. told him I had a COPR. I noticed a lot of people sitting down... apparently I found out that was for re-verification for some work permits etc. I went straight through. Got checked in. And headed into the concourse.

Flight was great, unfortunately they had blocked the back part of the aircraft for the return flight. So I ended up not sitting in a seat I had chosen online; in fact I was so excited I didn’t even notice the seat they assigned me till I got to the gate.

Flight was smooth.

After disembarking the aircraft and walking towards to immigration ... officers were providing a more official coronavirus quarantine form. (I figured I’d do one from scratch). Moving on... it felt like the whole aircraft had COPRs. Initial immigration officer asked a few questions on what I was bringing and told me to go to another counter. There was such a long line that the immigration officers actually had to call in back up. Eventually the whole process didn’t take too long. The officer who dealt with my paperwork wasn’t very enthusiastic. Just literally asked for my address and that’s it. If you have any goods to follow... Make sure you mention it at customs upon exiting.

Now I’m here. In quarantine and hence such a long post. might even end up making a YouTube video with all the time I have now.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions! It’s great to be here. stay safe.

Hammad
Hi Hammad, congrats on your arrival! I believe PHAC is going to call you during quarantine. How many times did they call you and when did they call?

us2canada2020

May 1, 2020
US to Canada Drive for PR Landing - Long Post:
I drove from Ohio to Toronto on 19th June. I received my PR in Feb with COPR expiring in July , so I was sure I'm exempt from traveling restrictions. Even then to be on safe side, I called IRCC agent explained my situation. Agent confirmed that I can travel and also sent me an email stating that I am exempt from traveling restrictions. That email was a generic email stating all PR's issued before March 18th are eligible to travel and self quarantine details. This email was backup proof just in case if CBSA agents question my travel. A day before travel I called CBSA Windsor and explained my travel plan. She also agreed that I can travel and confirmed there will be no issues. I had to do all this because last month when I called CBSA there was a different information shared with me regarding the Quarantine Act, Border closure and they overruled IRCC travel exemption and confirmed that I can't travel.
Documents I carried: COPR copies of Family, Passports, Appartment lease confirmation copy with address, goods carrying list, my US bank statement.
After crossing tunnel,at the entry point CBSA agent asked about reason for travel, verified COPR, Passports and lease proof copy. Asked statutory questions about weapons, cash and drugs. Then he showed a building and asked to stop in parking. Another Agent came to car, asked us to stay in car, collected all the documents asked about Appartment, Car import(it was rental car, so I told no car import process), good carrying list, asked about any goods to follow(I said no since I don't have anything) and told that another agent will come to get signatures.
After 5mins another agent came, asked 2 statutory questions and showed us places where to sign. I had to sign for my child also. She showed all stamps that were put on COPR copies and handed us one set, stroked off visa in passport, asked whether to staple copr copy to passport for which I said no so handed us separately, quickly explained about 14 day self quarantine, told that PR cards will be delivered in a month and told "Welcome to Canada and you are now PR". No one asked about PoF or my Canada employment letter. I have no intentions to go back to US, so its this is not applicable for people who want to do soft landing.
It took 15mins for the entire immigration process and we were in our Car all this time. Currently I'm in self quarantine, managing with friends delivering stuff at door.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: psato and pkhare23

rex230

Dec 9, 2019
Hi, Did everything go smoothly at Delhi airport? My Air India ticket (Delhi to Toronto) allows 2 Pcs of 23 kgs each and 8 kgs carry bag. So, I purchased an additional checked-in baggage allowance for my domestic flight from Kochi to Del. Do you know if there is any difference/restriction from Delhi on the allowed baggage limit?
I am not sure about extra baggage policy for Air India.

For domestic flight (Vistara), they said I will not be allowed to check-in an extra 23 kg bag even if I purchase it online ( along with one 23kg which is currently allowed in domestic). So i just dropped my plans to take an additional bag. It was confusing since they were still allowing to purchase excess baggage online. Better to call domestic airline and confirm.

Reactions: roshinshabu

h2o_o2_co2

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi Hammad, congrats on your arrival! I believe PHAC is going to call you during quarantine. How many times did they call you and when did they call?
Hello there!
Thanks a lot!

I didn't receive any calls; but i did get multiple emails stating that they may call and it reminded me of the COVID19 protocols etc.

akshaykkp

Apr 29, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I have a question whether 2 different web forms would have to be raised for a couple or one would be suffice? In my case, my wife is the primary applicant, so can we just raise a single web form here? How should I proceed?
Can anyone please help me on this, I have to raise webform so would be helpful for me to modify the content if someone out here can clarify... Thanks in advance

Hk1991

Apr 21, 2018

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Yes, CIC profile was updated from approved to "in progress". I have no updates after the medical extension and did not raise any webforms to travel as home country restrictions are still in place.
When was ur medical extended... my got extended on june 1 but no news afterwards

ralirehmani0617

Mar 25, 2020
Is there any website or phone numbers where to find my request of extension of my expired landed visa of parent sponsorship due to covid19 , I have raised extension for my expired visa on webform on jun 12, 2020 same day when my visa expired and i did not able to travel because of covid19.

Last edited: