+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hello
My mom 's flight is on June 15th. Her COPR was issued in February. She will land in Montreal airport and will take another flight to come to Toronto where she will quarantine with me for 14 days.
I understand that all the landing and cbsa processes will have to be completed in Montreal.
Can anyone please share their experience with ARRIVECAN app?
Thanks!

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
Yes . IRCC sent a mail couple of months ago to inform them of one's inability to travel. So I sent them a mail a day before it expired because airways closure was extended and I wasn't able to travel. They replied my mail stating my request had been transferred. When I got information that airways would resume locally on the 21st of June and 1st of July for international travel, I decided to start the process because I don't know how long that could take.VfS offices are still temporarily closed too. I got a mail stating what I said in the previous post and and an "information letter" in my application acknowledging that I requested for an extension. I think its a backlog because it stated that I should send another webform when I am ready to travel when it was my webform stating my ability to travel that triggered the update.
I have just recieved a message to my EE account with exactly the same content that I had already recieved a months ago to my e-mail: "Your application will not be refused....transfered to a responsible office and bla-bla" - a generic response. I did not raise any additional forms, but for some reason they decided to send me this letter again, but to my EE account this time. What could it mean?
My COPR expired 21th of April. Raised two web-forms about inability to travel in March and April.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
Has someone been chased during the 14 days mandatory quarantine?
This is now an Emergency Order under the Quarantine Act, which basically means the government has approved the enforcement of it and allocated funds to train or retrain officers. This includes random checks. There are also tip lines, which makes their job even easier. Remember the act approves detention of individuals and fail to make appropriate arrangements or fail to quarantine. This I believe you either have to pay or will be billed for later but the government has no intention of funding your hotel stay. Worst part is you don't get to choose the hotel either. On top of that the fine is $750 if you are caught. But the worst of all is if you actually test positive of the virus after you are caught leaving your place. Here you will be fined the max, which I think is $5,000 and good luck fighting that in court.

raaz141083

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Just curious to see if there is anybody out there with COPRs expiring in late June or July who has decided to not travel before COPR expiration date because of the fear of COVID and with worrying parents/family in India. Have you raised the web forms yet?
My visa/copr exipres on 5th Aug and I have decided notto travel. Will raise webform in 1st week of july. Although they are saying there is no need to raise webform as for expred coprs they themselves are sending instructions.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Yes . IRCC sent a mail couple of months ago to inform them of one's inability to travel. So I sent them a mail a day before it expired because airways closure was extended and I wasn't able to travel. They replied my mail stating my request had been transferred. When I got information that airways would resume locally on the 21st of June and 1st of July for international travel, I decided to start the process because I don't know how long that could take.VfS offices are still temporarily closed too. I got a mail stating what I said in the previous post and and an "information letter" in my application acknowledging that I requested for an extension. I think its a backlog because it stated that I should send another webform when I am ready to travel when it was my webform stating my ability to travel that triggered the update.
No these are all automated mails.They have given reference of the previous date I got such generic response from them and told they are following up etc.Every thing is generic accept the date on which I got their previous response.We don't need to send another web form.

FatemahPK

Jun 19, 2019
I have just recieved a message to my EE account with exactly the same content that I had already recieved a months ago to my e-mail: "Your application will not be refused....transfered to a responsible office and bla-bla" - a generic response. I did not raise any additional forms, but for some reason they decided to send me this letter again, but to my EE account this time. What could it mean?
My COPR expired 21th of April. Raised two web-forms about inability to travel in March and April.
Yes I also received the same generic response in my EE account which I had previously received via the email.
Are you able to travel now and did you raise any webform regarding that?

turbomau5

Apr 23, 2020
Not in June or July but in early Augustand yes I did raise a web form. No response yet. Reason for not being able to travel is primarily due to being unable to collect my passport as I received the message for collection on 17th March and the situation in the city was really bad (India entered lockdown few days later). The VAC is closed since.

Some people received a generic response while some people receiveda positive response I think as I read somewhere on this forum.
When is your COPR expiring? You planning to fly before then?
My COPR is expiring on July 24th. I havent decided whether I 'm gonna travel or not coz parents are freaking out at the very idea of my overseas travel so not sure if I'm willing to put them through the worry while I risk it and go at the peak of the pandemic.

turbomau5

Apr 23, 2020
My visa/copr exipres on 5th Aug and I have decided notto travel. Will raise webform in 1st week of july. Although they are saying there is no need to raise webform as for expred coprs they themselves are sending instructions.
Okay. My COPR is expiring on July 24th and I'm kinda leaning towards not travelling at this point. I'll decide in the first week of July.

turbomau5

Apr 23, 2020
Mine expires mid July. I will travel for softlanding. Why did you decide not to travel? What is ur concerns?
I have not decided yet but Im mostly not willing to travel 80/20 (No-go/go) due to family worrying bigtime about my travel in the midst of the pandemic onslaught. Have you booked your tickets yet?

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
So Guys !! My COPR expired on 25 March and I did not travel to Canada due to Corona Outbreak. I have raised webform on 9 March and received true response (not the automated one) on 2 April. They mentioned me that they are extending my medicals to another six months and they will update me on re-issuing my COPR and landing VISA. So chill guys. They are helping us in the crisis situation like this. Make sure everyone who have expiry dates coming up up shortly, proactively raise webform to make our case strong . Below is the response I got.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Note: The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services.

Please refer to our public website for information on how this may affect you:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Please do not attempt to enter Canada using the visas and confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) documents that expired on March 25, 2020.

It appears that your immigration medical exam (IME) has been extended to 2020/09/17; new visas and COPRs will also be issued with an extended date.

Once it is possible for you to travel, use the Web form to let us know so we can tell you what to do next.

Please ensure that your passport remains valid; you must hold a valid passport at the time of travel and landing.

If you renew your passport in the near future, please advise us of the new passport information.

Regards,
Have you received any further update on this? What's your visa office ?

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Like I said it could be a backlog. Don't overthink it. They are just acknowledging your webforms.

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
No these are all automated mails.They have given reference of the previous date I got such generic response from them and told they are following up etc.Every thing is generic accept the date on which I got their previous response.We don't need to send another web form.
what do you mean by "we don't need to send another webform"?

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Yes I also received the same generic response in my EE account which I had previously received via the email.
Are you able to travel now and did you raise any webform regarding that?
Yes! to both questions!..I got a mail saying the the agent that replied my first mail is following up.

Reactions: FatemahPK