+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

rivington24

Nov 2, 2017
As per the latest tweet, there shouldn't be any denial from airlines for boarding flights.
Hi folks, we were given COPR march 14th but exipired on 8th may . still we have valid PR visa until 2026
can we able to travel now ? we raised web form mid of april buyt we have got generic reply from from IRCC to provide next step, but no further response from them last 2 months
Please advise

RedSky

May 15, 2020
Did anyone come back to US from Canada through AVR program recently. Did you follow the 14 day Self Quarantine also what questions did CBP Officer ask ?

asohal1327

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hi folks, we were given COPR march 14th but exipired on 8th may . still we have valid PR visa until 2026
can we able to travel now ? we raised web form mid of april buyt we have got generic reply from from IRCC to provide next step, but no further response from them last 2 months
Please advise
Isn't PRV validity supposed to be aligned with COPR expiry? Are you sure its valid till 2026?

cancan0505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
So Guys !! My COPR expired on 25 March and I did not travel to Canada due to Corona Outbreak. I have raised webform on 9 March and received true response (not the automated one) on 2 April. They mentioned me that they are extending my medicals to another six months and they will update me on re-issuing my COPR and landing VISA. So chill guys. They are helping us in the crisis situation like this. Make sure everyone who have expiry dates coming up up shortly, proactively raise webform to make our case strong . Below is the response I got.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Note: The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services.

Please refer to our public website for information on how this may affect you:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Please do not attempt to enter Canada using the visas and confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) documents that expired on March 25, 2020.

It appears that your immigration medical exam (IME) has been extended to 2020/09/17; new visas and COPRs will also be issued with an extended date.

Once it is possible for you to travel, use the Web form to let us know so we can tell you what to do next.

Please ensure that your passport remains valid; you must hold a valid passport at the time of travel and landing.

If you renew your passport in the near future, please advise us of the new passport information.

Regards,
In order to get the visa reissued, will you need to send your passport back to the Consulate?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
So Guys !! My COPR expired on 25 March and I did not travel to Canada due to Corona Outbreak. I have raised webform on 9 March and received true response (not the automated one) on 2 April. They mentioned me that they are extending my medicals to another six months and they will update me on re-issuing my COPR and landing VISA. So chill guys. They are helping us in the crisis situation like this. Make sure everyone who have expiry dates coming up up shortly, proactively raise webform to make our case strong . Below is the response I got.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Note: The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services.

Please refer to our public website for information on how this may affect you:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Please do not attempt to enter Canada using the visas and confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) documents that expired on March 25, 2020.

It appears that your immigration medical exam (IME) has been extended to 2020/09/17; new visas and COPRs will also be issued with an extended date.

Once it is possible for you to travel, use the Web form to let us know so we can tell you what to do next.

Please ensure that your passport remains valid; you must hold a valid passport at the time of travel and landing.

If you renew your passport in the near future, please advise us of the new passport information.

Regards,
Can you please tell me your VFS?
Thanks

Higgle

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi Everyone, I just landed safely but the CBSA officer took down the wrong address to mail my PR card (put my airbnb address). He said I can change the address on the CIC account, but I can't seem to find where.

Also anyone who already has done the landing, what documents did you get? I just have the COPR (client copy) and my goods to follow list stamped. Everything was so rushed I'm not sure if i missed anything.

Thanks in advance

asohal1327

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
I think i am wrong, but one more expire date that mentioned in the COPR is 25.8.2026,( as per Passport validity),
is this related to COPR? please advise me
If its on the right side of your passport number in the letter, it is just showing your passport expiry date in the letter.

RedSky

May 15, 2020
Has anyone used Automatic Visa Re-validation from Canada to US ? Can you please share what questions they asked at port of entry in US.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
New exemptions to travel restrictions
Immediate family members of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident may now be eligible to enter Canada. To be eligible, you must provide evidence that:

• You are an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
  • You will be staying in Canada for at least 15 days.
You must also have a quarantine plan that shows how you will quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada.