+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Hi, any idea how much of excess baggage is allowed in domestic flights if we are taking a connecting flight to Delhi for Toronto?
As per AI for domestic travel the luggage allowances are

1 Hand bag not more than 7 kgs
1 check in baggage not more than 23 kgs and 35 kgs for economy and business class respectively

here is the Link

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
So you were given snacks on Air India? They're having different rules for different journeys. Maybe they will change again
May be...... They have changed the rules.... but I don’t think so because I also travelled in pandemic....which is still going on.... but as always says.... hope for best and prepare for worst....

raaz141083

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
My COPR expired on 23 May 2020, requested for extension.
In the current situation I don't seen any benefit to move to Canada , as you will be burning your savings and JOB situation there is bad !!!
Did you get any specific response?

zen119

May 28, 2018
Hi
Do we need transit Visa in London . If someone has layover period around 14 hours what would be the case?
Thanks

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Do we need transit Visa in London . If someone has layover period around 14 hours what would be the case?
Thanks
No you don't need a transit visa if you have a Canadian visa and you can even leave the airport and return to your onward flight to Canada, for up to 24 hours.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
No you don't need a transit visa if you have a Canadian visa and you can even leave the airport and return to your onward flight to Canada, for up to 24 hours.
Think need to check that from June 8 UK will have mandatory 14 day quarantine if a transit passenger leaves airside meaning passes through UK immigration. This isolation requirement will be reviewed every 3 weeks from June 8.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules#people-transiting-airside-individuals-who-arrive-in-the-uk-but-do-not-pass-border-control

So doesn’t matter whether someone is dumb or not it is the law from June 8

Last edited by a moderator:

Maximilian89

May 31, 2020
They
Just want to highlight that you mean you went to Walmart to pick-up your grocery order and you didn’t go shopping. Unfortunately some have gone shopping on the way to quarantine.
They said it is fine to pass by for grocery on the way of it is 1 time off. Someone mentioned this on this thread before and he/she said this was based on the officer's guidance, which seems to be ok!

Higgle

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Could be true so my viss office is london uk
I have emailed them for extension and my visa got expired on may 12 ... they have reopened on may 26.. by june 1 they have extended my medical... and nothing new so far but yes I have asked london even if my husband gets his new visa soon is he eligible to travel they have mentioned yes since he is my Immediate family member
Hi, how many days have they extended your medical by?

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Question regarding quarantine plan.
My friend has arranged an accomodation for me off kijiji. There is no lease agreement for this room. When the immigration officer asks about quarantine plan at POE, is it sufficient to provide just an address where I will be quarantining, or does there need to be documented proof in the form of a lease or an Airbnb booking?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Think need to check that from June 8 UK will have mandatory 14 day quarantine if a transit passenger leaves airside meaning passes through UK immigration. This isolation requirement will be reviewed every 3 weeks from June 8.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules#people-transiting-airside-individuals-who-arrive-in-the-uk-but-do-not-pass-border-control

So doesn’t matter whether someone is dumb or not it is the law from June 8
Here you go... I knew it wasn't going to take long before someone jumps in with their law expertise and links, which obviously I won't click on. The 14 day self isolation is meant for people who are actually staying there for 14 days. If you are only transiting for 24 hours then obviously (not to you) you only isolate for the 24 hours you are there, in a hotel nearby the airport or whatever.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Question regarding quarantine plan.
My friend has arranged an accomodation for me off kijiji. There is no lease agreement for this room. When the immigration officer asks about quarantine plan at POE, is it sufficient to provide just an address where I will be quarantining, or does there need to be documented proof in the form of a lease or an Airbnb booking?
What about amount paid for the booking either by you or by your friend on your behalf? It can also be used as a proof. Give proof only if officer asks for it.

Last edited:

gamer.nfs

Jun 5, 2020
Hi, any idea how much of excess baggage is allowed in domestic flights if we are taking a connecting flight to Delhi for Toronto?
Only Air india connecting flights are allowing to carry hand baggage while other domestic flights are allowing only 1 check-in bag of 20kg (no cabin baggage allowed and only one handbag per person which can fit below the seat) They are not allowing to carry extra baggage also.

When asked why so strict and their response was it's a SOP for domestic flights given by the ministry of Aviation.

eris

Jun 29, 2019
Philippines
Hello everyone,

My husband and I flew to Toronto yesterday to get our COPR stamped. Sharing my experience so that everyone who plans to do the same can get some clarity.
The process was fairly simple. We flew through American Airlines and the lady at the Chicago airport did ask us a bunch of questions as to why we were traveling now. So make sure you carry the printouts from the IRCC page where they encourage you to travel if you can and if your COPR was issued before March 18.
Good news is that American Airlines is enforcing social distancing pretty well so it was a small aircraft with handful of passengers who were all seated quite apart. After we landed in Toronto we had to fill a mandatory form stating that we didn't have any COVID symptoms, our quarantine address and other essential details. There is one more officer who looks at your passport and forms before you finally meet the immigration agent who will deal with your stamping.
Ours asked us fairly routine questions. Though we had printed a copy of our proof of funds, pages from IRCC, our AIRBNB booking, and a receipt from Walmart showing we had scheduled a grocery pick-up, she didn't ask for any of those. She did ask how we plan to go about life after the quarantine ends, if we were carrying cash and if we intended to stay in Toronto or move to another province.
You will also need to have the address ready where your PR card will be mailed.
Following this, we met the officers who dealt with our lists of goods to follow. And that's it.
We took a cab to our Bnb from the airport and picked up the groceries on the way.
The officers are generally polite and accommodating so just have your papers right and you should be fine.
Good luck.
Hi and congratulations on completing your landing. Can I ask if you were asked for a Canadian phone number during your landing? I'm trying to figure out if I should arrange for one before landing at Vancouver. Thanks!