+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

rktocanada

Mar 12, 2020
If i understand this correct, your referring to stamp from VO. Here is what happened to me, there is a declaration form, on which there is one section whcih says any unaccompanied baggage, my response was no and so I checked with them right away as my family will carry the list in future. They put a stamp on the declaration and make all sorts of notation on the same. I had something else to disclose so I am pretty sure that, if I had put yes on the unaccompanied baggage part, they would have asked for the list, put a stamp on that, mostly retained a copy with them ("my guess") and returned a copy to you to present to port authorities when your cargo comes in.

Hope this helps. Happy to answer somemore if required.
Thanks for the reply.. So, on the declaration form, did you check yes for accompanying goods? If yes, did VO stamp you "list of things carrying"?

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Hello everyone. I am sorry for the delayed response. They just announced 26 flights from Canada, means there are going to be 25/26 flights from India to Canada. 24 to Toronto and 2 to Vancouver. Here is the link to the tweet.

Answering the CoPR questions. Yes, CoPR holders can travel in these flights. Bookings will open on June 5th at 5pm. Book on airindia website directly.

I'm sorry for the ones who are missing out due to the expired CoPRs. I am sure the IRCC will get back to you guys soon with the next steps. I wish you guys all the very best.
Thanks for sharing.
My COPR Expired on 23rd April 2020. Now can I inform to IRCC that I am able to travel in VANDE BHARAT MISSON Flights.

Maximilian89

May 31, 2020
Never said that people were currently being asked to redo medicals. I have seen people being given 3 month extensions without medicals. I am just warning people that extensions will not go on indefinitely and at a certain point a remedical will likely be necesary.
Share links guys!!!!

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hello everyone. I am sorry for the delayed response. They just announced 26 flights from Canada, means there are going to be 25/26 flights from India to Canada. 24 to Toronto and 2 to Vancouver. Here is the link to the tweet.

Answering the CoPR questions. Yes, CoPR holders can travel in these flights. Bookings will open on June 5th at 5pm. Book on airindia website directly.

I'm sorry for the ones who are missing out due to the expired CoPRs. I am sure the IRCC will get back to you guys soon with the next steps. I wish you guys all the very best.
This is actually great news. Thanks

Reactions: Utkars

Emperor3xK

May 27, 2020
Dear All,
Would be glad if someone, who has recently travelled can help me for the below queries:
  1. List of documents required for landing. I believe, we need COPR, passports, quarantine plan, good declaration lists.. anything else they asked for? - thats about it. Quarantine plan need not be written, but make sure that on a piece of paper you have the address written where you plan to stay if its a family house or hotel booking confirmation
  2. Are your relatives allowed to pick you from the airport? Or only taxis or buses are the options? Yes they are allowed
  3. Has anyone used virtual sims? As the shops would be closed so what would be the best way to buy a sim?
Thanks in advance!

Emperor3xK

May 27, 2020
Thanks for the reply.. So, on the declaration form, did you check yes for accompanying goods? If yes, did VO stamp you "list of things carrying"?
No, like i mentioned, I put in no. My family, when they land a month later, will put yes and then the stamped document will used for port.

ralirehmani0617

Mar 25, 2020
Hi friends

My COPR is going to expire day after tomorrow ie April 30th.i have already raised a webform on 13 th April saying that I won't be able to travel before the expiry of my COPR due to the complete lockdown in india and asked for extension.i got a generic reply as others.Do I need to raise another webform to IRCC after April 30 th saying that my COPR has expired and I didnt travel before the expiry of the COPR..Kindly provide your suggestions on this..
Did you receiced any email regarding this? same case here mine expiring on june 12 I received email that i don't need to do nothing but wait when i am in a condition to travel i have to inform them I am now ready to procced, then I think they will send us for new medical test and they might give a year period of extension. Let's see

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Hey good to see that. For how many months they extended her medical?
Ikr ..It only says medical.passed june 1 2020 ... so am.not sure for how long

RJain2020

Mar 29, 2020
Hi I also received the same mail, do we need to sign the sign the copr which we sending them or not
Hi Samar, did you figure out if we need to sign the IRCC copy of COPR and send it to address mentioned in the email along with a photo? Any updates?

RJain2020

Mar 29, 2020
I received an email today from ircc etobicoke:

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
If you do not have a (CoPR), please print a copy of this letter and send it to us along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above; we will produce your permanent resident card once we receive it.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.

For those who received this, do we have to sign ircc copy of the copr or no need? I will only send ircc copy plus 1 photo to the address of etobicoke ircc. We need to keep the client copy right?
Hi, did you figure out if we need to sign the IRCC copy of COPR and send it to address mentioned in the email along with a photo? Any updates?

RJain2020

Mar 29, 2020
Hi. For inland applicants, did you notice on your profile under document status, that they have changed the visa counterfoil to invalid, and have added copr document as valid? They updated this yesterday in my account.

what does this mean? My copr expiring on June 9.
Hey, I just checked my account and found the same thing. They have changed the visa counterfoil to invalid, and have added copr document as valid. This is strange. Has anyone else experienced the same?