March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Dear folks (with expired COPR),
Don't you think it is unfair that we can't book any of these flights because of our expired COPR ?
Canadian citizens, PR and folks with valid COPR can book these flights. Folks whose COPR expired in late March, April, May are the most impacted lot since many of us left our jobs and sold off our belongings and were supposed to start new life in Canada. We have been patiently waiting for many months, still clueless when extension or new COPR will be issued. Even when it is issued, whether we will be unable to travel or not.
Ikr.... not fair at all but my file at London Visa office has been reopend and medical had been extended....

bun_b

Oct 30, 2019
So, it means all COPR Holders whose application are approved before 18th March & not expired till now can also board the flight without any further approval from any authority...
Presumably, I wonder if there is any other COPR who travelled via Air India here in the forum

PavD

May 20, 2013
Dear folks (with expired COPR),
Don't you think it is unfair that we can't book any of these flights because of our expired COPR ?
Canadian citizens, PR and folks with valid COPR can book these flights. Folks whose COPR expired in late March, April, May are the most impacted lot since many of us left our jobs and sold off our belongings and were supposed to start new life in Canada. We have been patiently waiting for many months, still clueless when extension or new COPR will be issued. Even when it is issued, whether we will be unable to travel or not.

If you feel the same, we as a group can make our voice heard to IRCC.

COPR expired 30 May - Feel the same way ,I am also in.

Emperor3xK

May 27, 2020
@Emperor3xK
Congratulations on your landing
I have a small question, do they provide some kind of stamp or anything of the "things carrying" and "things to follow" lists? What makes a printed copy a legit document for things you'll bring in future? If the VO doesn't ask for the lists should we provide them voluntarily?
Keep safe!
If i understand this correct, your referring to stamp from VO. Here is what happened to me, there is a declaration form, on which there is one section whcih says any unaccompanied baggage, my response was no and so I checked with them right away as my family will carry the list in future. They put a stamp on the declaration and make all sorts of notation on the same. I had something else to disclose so I am pretty sure that, if I had put yes on the unaccompanied baggage part, they would have asked for the list, put a stamp on that, mostly retained a copy with them ("my guess") and returned a copy to you to present to port authorities when your cargo comes in.

Hope this helps. Happy to answer somemore if required.

Reactions: rktocanada

Emperor3xK

May 27, 2020
A quick one. Did they tell you where you can get the SIN from? And when you gave them ur address for them to share the PR did they say anything? Also on the quarantine plan any input?
1 - You ask them any question (been hearing them when I was on queue), their answer is refer to welcome to canada guide available online or visit the welcome to canada office. However I applied the SIN online (website mentions that all physical office were closed until further notice. Two options available
i) Apply online or ii) send the originals via mail. For the mail part they clearly mention that they do not take ownership of documents lost in mail. SO i applied online.

2) For PR address, they just asked who stays there and that if you or anyone else would be there 6-8 weeks from now. I cannot change the address untill I receive the PR card so I have to be very sure. Since I used a family address, it was not a big deal for me.

3) Quarantine Plan - Asked me where I was staying. I said with my family. They asked me not to mingle with them for 14 days and that they might do a random check, One major shift which I did not know was that the insuruction document for Quarantine that they gave me mentioned that on my first day of landing I could do the following;
  • Travel via Public transport to reach my location. CAnnot stop anywhere in between if not required ['IF NOT REQUIRED']
  • I can stop for gas and grocery before going to my place, but cannot step out after that (Weird)

Hope the above helps, happy to answer somemore if required.

Reactions: rktocanada and dn3

Asrey

Jan 8, 2020
Hi experts, I wanted to ask if there is any chance ircc might ask to submit police clearance certificate again if at all we cannot travel within the visa expiry date and our application has to be reopened?

Rahil Lakhani

Mar 13, 2020
Dear All,
Would be glad if someone, who has recently travelled can help me for the below queries:
  1. List of documents required for landing. I believe, we need COPR, passports, quarantine plan, good declaration lists.. anything else they asked for?
  2. Are your relatives allowed to pick you from the airport? Or only taxis or buses are the options?
  3. Has anyone used virtual sims? As the shops would be closed so what would be the best way to buy a sim?
Thanks in advance!

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi experts, I wanted to ask if there is any chance ircc might ask to submit police clearance certificate again if at all we cannot travel within the visa expiry date and our application has to be reopened?
Depends upon reviewing officer. Chances are less tho.

zen119

May 28, 2018
I am an outbound applicant and applied my PR through SINP EE and received my COPR in February 2020.
But due to the Covid 19 situation I was unable to travel to Canada in March, but as per the exemptions to the travel ban, I am planing to travel in mid June 2020 according to the flights availability.

Could you please clarify the following

Travel itinerary Qatar - Doha > Montreal, Pierre E.trudeau International Airport > Toronto > Saskatoon

As per the travel itinerary , first landing point to Canada is Montreal, Pierre E.trudeau International Airport.
After landing in Montreal, Quebec , I am taking the connection flight to Toronto same day (4.5hrs layover in Montreal ) and from Toronto taking a connecting flight to Saskatoon.

1. Do I have to do the landing formalities at Montreal or Toronto? How long it will need for this (Hope 4.5 hours are enough) ?

2. Will landing in Montreal be a problem because I do not have CSQ(Quebec certificate of selection - which is mandatory for settling in quebec) ? After all I am not intending to stay in Quebec as I am taking connecting flight? Just transit via Montreal.
Has anyone got denied entry or had any issues before?

3. What documents can be provided as proof that they are not going to stay in Quebec?

4. Please share your landing experience if available.

Thanks and Regards!

Utkars

Jan 29, 2020
Hello everyone. I am sorry for the delayed response. They just announced 26 flights from Canada, means there are going to be 25/26 flights from India to Canada. 24 to Toronto and 2 to Vancouver. Here is the link to the tweet.

Answering the CoPR questions. Yes, CoPR holders can travel in these flights. Bookings will open on June 5th at 5pm. Book on airindia website directly.

I'm sorry for the ones who are missing out due to the expired CoPRs. I am sure the IRCC will get back to you guys soon with the next steps. I wish you guys all the very best.

Utkars

Jan 29, 2020
Question to the ones who have landed - there are YouTube videos of "experts" who are saying we need to get a doctor's certificate that we are Covid 19 free to board the flight. Is this the case? I strongly believe the answer is no. But the situation is making me skeptical. Please advice.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I am an outbound applicant and applied my PR through SINP EE and received my COPR in February 2020.
But due to the Covid 19 situation I was unable to travel to Canada in March, but as per the exemptions to the travel ban, I am planing to travel in mid June 2020 according to the flights availability.

Could you please clarify the following

Travel itinerary Qatar - Doha > Montreal, Pierre E.trudeau International Airport > Toronto > Saskatoon

As per the travel itinerary , first landing point to Canada is Montreal, Pierre E.trudeau International Airport.
After landing in Montreal, Quebec , I am taking the connection flight to Toronto same day (4.5hrs layover in Montreal ) and from Toronto taking a connecting flight to Saskatoon.

1. Do I have to do the landing formalities at Montreal or Toronto? How long it will need for this (Hope 4.5 hours are enough) ?

2. Will landing in Montreal be a problem because I do not have CSQ(Quebec certificate of selection - which is mandatory for settling in quebec) ? After all I am not intending to stay in Quebec as I am taking connecting flight? Just transit via Montreal.
Has anyone got denied entry or had any issues before?

3. What documents can be provided as proof that they are not going to stay in Quebec?

4. Please share your landing experience if available.

Thanks and Regards!
1) Need to do landing formalities at your port of entry that is Montreal. 4.5 hours are enough for doing landing formalities and catching your next flight.
2) Show your connecting flights booking if officer ask.
3) Your connecting flights booking and any information related to your stay in Saskatoon. Any online amount you paid or transactions done to book your accommodation.
4) No one is denied entry in MTL as per recent landing mentioned in this thread. Just be clear about your quarantine plans to the officer and you will be fine.