+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Why not? I am planning to do that. They allow you to leave after serving the mandatory quarantine I guess. Depends on your travel destination from there.
These are my 2 cents but, first of all soft landing is non essential travel I doubt airlines will allow atleast till end of June. There was a post few pages back about airline ( I guess it was emirates ) rejecting COPR holders planning to do soft landing. What if other airlines also do the same? Secondly you will be quarantine for total 28 days 14 in CA and 14th in your home country if you are planning on coming back.

rktocanada

Mar 12, 2020
Hello Everyone

Proud to say that I landed safely Yesterday. There was absolutely no hassle either during transit or post landing.

On my query above, I checked with the officer for two points as follows along with replies;
1) My Dependent are following me in Sept and they will have a clear list of unaccompanied baggage. Is it ok if they make a declaration at that time?
response: Since your wife will have a clear understanding at that time on the matter, it is better that she make a representation at her landing. Ensure that you pre-fill the declaration document and better still if she caries a packers list with her.

2) Currently I am carrying x amount in physical currency. But I will be bringing in some more funds in future, exact amount I am not sure. Can I make a partial declaration now and then when my wife lands she makes the differential declaration.
Response: As long as the funds that she is declaring is coming in, in her name it should be fine.

Then they said welcome to canada, stay safe, bye, NEXT
@Emperor3xK
Congratulations on your landing
I have a small question, do they provide some kind of stamp or anything of the "things carrying" and "things to follow" lists? What makes a printed copy a legit document for things you'll bring in future? If the VO doesn't ask for the lists should we provide them voluntarily?
Keep safe!

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
Hello All , I just got this message in my email, but I don't see any message on my CIC account, can you please tell me what is this about? Are they asking me for my ability/inability to fly or is it a system generated message?
I have not raised a webform yet ..

" We're still working on your application

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: sunnyabhambri@gmail.com.

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application."

I have received that same email. I am already in Canada (since May 15th), still waiting for my PR card.

PM21

May 29, 2020
T

This could be a headache in current situation. You need to find a flight ticket to come back to India and then need to go for 7 days self paid institutional quarantine in India. If you are ready for this then I don't know who is stopping you. In my opinion it's better to come with a PR card once you land in Canada after all of this hustle.
Thanks.
I am fine with ticket booking and self paid quarantine.
However, I am not sure if there is any specific process that is being followed to get stranded Indian back via Vande Bharat flight, like registration at Consulate General of India and/or COVID-19 negative report.
It would be great help if you have any information regarding this.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Thanks.
I am fine with ticket booking and self paid quarantine.
However, I am not sure if there is any specific process that is being followed to get stranded Indian back via Vande Bharat flight, like registration at Consulate General of India and/or COVID-19 negative report.
It would be great help if you have any information regarding this.
Yes you need registration with Indian Missions in Canada. I don't think there is anyone here who could give you correct answer as people in this thread are more aligned towards landing in Canada rather than coming back to India. One correction: You need to go through 14 days not 7 days of self paid Institutional quarantine in India on arrival.

Last edited:
Reactions: CountessO and PM21

Maximilian89

May 31, 2020
These are my 2 cents but, first of all soft landing is non essential travel I doubt airlines will allow atleast till end of June. There was a post few pages back about airline ( I guess it was emirates ) rejecting COPR holders planning to do soft landing. What if other airlines also do the same? Secondly you will be quarantine for total 28 days 14 in CA and 14th in your home country if you are planning on coming back.
Thanks Pkhare. Agree it is challenging. My flight is planned for July which I am hoping things will be better and open for all travelers and not essential only.

ravina06

May 15, 2020
A quick one. Did they tell you where you can get the SIN from? And when you gave them ur address for them to share the PR did they say anything? Also on the quarantine plan any input?
I recently landed in Canada, they said that we could apply for SIN online. I landed in Toronto but my final destination was Montreal. I gave my address of Montreal and they didn't say anything. They just want to know if you have a plan of quarantine.
I heard many fellow passengers telling that they would quarantine in Air BNB and they faced no issues. Just tell them u would have a separate room and someone would get you food

ravina06

May 15, 2020
Hi everyone,
I hope you are all staying safe and I hope things go back to normal ASAP so we can all land safely.
My CoPR expires mid of July and I was meant to land in Toronto. I would like to check on some of my key concerning points. Super sorry in advance if this has been answered before.
1/ What is the latest update if a CoPR expires? Are we getting extensions automatically or we have to re do the medical test etc? Or we go back to the pool?
2/ I was planning to do a soft landing but with the 14 day mandatory quarantine, I am aiming to stay for 20 days now. Any info in whether the mandatory quarantine might get reduced/cancelled?
3/ Would I be able to get my SIN in the airport? Are the immigration services operating from the airport?
4/ For mandatory quarantine, I understand we need to have our own car to go to the place. I do not as I am a new resident. Is taking a cab ok? Do I need to rent a car for such a small trip?
5/ Can we go buy food during the quarantine or all shall be online?

Super thanks and I really appreciate an answer during this stressful time.
I can answer some on your questions

2/ seems unlikely
3/ They are telling people to apply for SIN online and get it delivered on an address in Canada
4/You dont need your own car. You can take an Uber from the airport. U can even use public transportation as it is allowed.
5/ They expect you to buy food . I dont think they track you but I heard that they do random checks to ensure that u are self isolating.

jaibajrangbali

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
10-10-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-01-2020
Greetings - I see you guys are talking about 2 weeks of quarantine. What if someone doesn't even step out of the airport/ or make a U turn (land) and return back to US same day?
Did anyone land and return back the same day from US?

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Greetings - I see you guys are talking about 2 weeks of quarantine. What if someone doesn't even step out of the airport/ or make a U turn (land) and return back to US same day?
Did anyone land and return back the same day from US?
Yeah, don't think you will be allowed to do that (Probably call CBSA), before you even step up to the immigration counter at Pearson, you need to fill out the quarantine form - address where you would be quarantining yourself, contact info etc. The first CBSA officer asks all the quarantine details before you are even let inside to the immigration counter.
Also, you sure about getting a same day flight? AFAIK, there are very limited flights back to the US. Considering that remote work is going on at most places, you could always work in Canada for 2 weeks (I did the same).