+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Maximilian89

May 31, 2020
1. IRCC needs us to inform them via a ;web form' - of your inability or unwillingness to travel. Should raise a second web form once you are ready/able to travel. IRCC will provide instructions then.

Note: IRCC ops manual mentions steps to keep the file open, So they are not disqualifying/cancelling any CoPRs. Re-medicals or not is yet to be determined. Some members have mentioned - 2 folks I think - that they were NOT asked for re-medicals. Neither were applying from India, fwiw.

2. 14 day appears to be the norm worldwide. It will be advisable to have a firm, clear honest plan for 14 day quarantine.

3. Airport kiosk for SIN is not currently operational. No information about re-opening has been presented.

4. Taxis are available, no hassles. Plenty and allowed for anyone including those leaving the airport to proceed for quarantine.

5. All online. one must go directly to the place of residence, straight from the airport. Once you enter your place of residence, then in theory you must not go out for 14 days - unless there is an emergency of sorts.

Hope this helps - as always, do research as much as possible, not all my information may be accurate! :)

Wish you the very best - safe passage to Canada!
Many thanks Hinavin This is super helpful. Just with respect to point one (1), I am aware of the web form but my concern was that if I write them that I am wont be able to travel, the case status might change and I will need to go through medical and visa again since I require a visa to enter Canada. This means just going through the process again to some extent. I have emailed through the web almost 6 weeks ago to understand what happens if I do not travel (not to inform them that I wont) but no response yet. Is this normal they have not responded? Possibly because my email was more of questions?

Gypsy run

May 24, 2020
Hi friends
My CoPR is going to expire on July first week
I finally was able to book via AirIndia site for 6th June Mumbai to London (AI) to Toronto (AC) for 7th june, Price 1.17 lac INR+ 900 CAD
There is no transit visa needed for london or frankfort for CoPRs in this ticket scenario
Air India site was super slow, many times shown tickets unavailable, but keep on searching, we may be lucky.

For Frankfort CoPRs dont need transit visa for this ticket scenario, no 12 hours limit, confirmed with Frankfurt Border security
Thought to share you all... thanks

I am from Hyderabad, is there any one on same boat please? Kindly let me know as I still need to finalize my Hyderabad to Mumbai travel..
Hi My COPR expires in first week of July as well but I am not able to find flights to travel. I intend to travel between 25 June and 5 July because I m still working. How did you find the tickets? Or the Air India website, it's unavailable.

Bikram67

Jul 18, 2018
Don't you all think this condition of opening up of other means of transport is little more convinving and favourable in terms of time.I mean as they have already started opening up trains and buses gradually so international flights turn may come before August too.
On the other hand the government might be thinking that we are already running this vande Bharat flights and sending and receiving personnel who are stranded, so after that only persons who wants to fly are tourists or businessmen who are least important. Though airlines have taken very hard blow but international flights are the last step on bureaucracy ladder for now. It has been too much wait now.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Don't you all think this condition of opening up of other means of transport is little more convinving and favourable in terms of time.I mean as they have already started opening up trains and buses gradually so international flights turn may come before August too.
Don't tell yourself what you need to hear. Things may take a horrible turn for the worse as we go along. Reversing lockdown is being done because the economy of India is in the doldrums and a further continuation will further decimate the economy or cause civil riots. But trust me, no one has the manpower to ensure all this is being done sincerely and checking to see if people are following rules. People will act irresponsibly and the cases will shoot up. If cases shoot, the government may be forced to take remedial measures. Remember, standard, non-chartered, international flights resumption is the last priority as other countries don't want to import Indian coronavirus and India doesn't want a flood of return Indians destabilizing the ports of entry.

Long story short, don't tell yourself what you need to hear. Keep a dispassionate eye on the developments.

Reactions: hinavin

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Many thanks Hinavin This is super helpful. Just with respect to point one (1), I am aware of the web form but my concern was that if I write them that I am wont be able to travel, the case status might change and I will need to go through medical and visa again since I require a visa to enter Canada. This means just going through the process again to some extent. I have emailed through the web almost 6 weeks ago to understand what happens if I do not travel (not to inform them that I wont) but no response yet. Is this normal they have not responded? Possibly because my email was more of questions?
Would you rather go back to the pool and wait for the ITA? The situation right now is more reasonable; because at first the wording from IRCC was such that it felt that IRCC was asking us to risk our lives and land at any cost. Re-medicals are not being requested per my understanding unless you had observations on your original medicals that may flag you as a possible burden to the Canadian health system. Also, the IRCC has released very clear guidelines on how to re-evaluate the expired COPR/PRV holders, so that is one reason why you didn't receive a reply. Perhaps, at the time you requested for information, IRCC didn't have standardized information to provide. Finally, they are working with a skeletal staff, so it is not their priority to assuage doubts of individuals and maybe that's why no response occured.

AMAN BHARDWAJ

Mar 10, 2016
BRAMPTON, ONTARIO - CANADA
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
15-06-2020
I booked the delhi -toronto (Air India) flight for May 20
My parents COPR going to expire on May 26,2020. I am travelling with them too
Gurmeet pls can you inform how much you paid for the ticket on this flight. Second question - tickets were booked on air india website or you called their call centre

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Don't tell yourself what you need to hear. Things may take a horrible turn for the worse as we go along. Reversing lockdown is being done because the economy of India is in the doldrums and a further continuation will further decimate the economy or cause civil riots. But trust me, no one has the manpower to ensure all this is being done sincerely and checking to see if people are following rules. People will act irresponsibly and the cases will shoot up. If cases shoot, the government may be forced to take remedial measures. Remember, standard, non-chartered, international flights resumption is the last priority as other countries don't want to import Indian coronavirus and India doesn't want a flood of return Indians destabilizing the ports of entry.

Long story short, don't tell yourself what you need to hear. Keep a dispassionate eye on the developments.
Well! Thats called hope.Telling ourselves that things will be better than we think.Breaking down the waiting period into monthly basis gives lil relief .When you think no flights for another 4 months brings more stress.Anyways nothing is happening to fulfil our hopes.Whenever govt feels right they will open.We can only make assumptions .But yeah I agree with you that we need to keep dispassionate eyes on the development rather than keeping high hopes.As far as corona is concerned every govt knows that its going to remain and may be surge and they have to learn to cope up with it.Just go through twitter .Lakhs of ppl are stranded here,some losing and some have lost their jobs, getting penniless day by day pleading govt to restart international flights.

Reactions: hinavin and Dia89

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Another thing to keep in mind on the resumption of flights is also dependent on factors other than the home country's government. For example, in the context of India, see an article released an hour so ago

"But a decision on the timing might not entirely be India’s call, given that this depends mostly on the destination country’s assessment of India being safe and consequent permissions that need to be issued to Indian carriers to fly to their airports. And that’s where India could be at the far end of the pecking order as the Covid-19 cases in India continue to be on an upswing, even as they’ve peaked or are coming down in other geographies. Also, since the post-COVID resumption pattern could hinge entirely on the power of discretion with countries and their aviation regulators. "

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz
May 23, 2020
Can anyone please tell how to book tickets for repatriation flights?
On Air India website it shows flights not available
On evacuation list there are two flights on 8 and 12 June from Delhi but how to book them from Hyderabad?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Looks like SpiceJet is allowing flights from Delhi to Dubai from June 16. Dubai has confirmed resumption of Emirates operations, So one can fly on SpiceJet from Delhi to Dubai and book Emirates for second journey from Dubai to Toronto.

For us Indians, SpiceJet is our best alternative.

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hello Everyone,

my COPR is ending in July 2nd. I have US Visitor visa. i am thinking of going detroit from toronto to my friend's house and come back to Canada and do the landing before it expire.
will this be a good idea? did anyone have done this ? please suggest.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hello Everyone,

my COPR is ending in July 2nd. I have US Visitor visa. i am thinking of going detroit from toronto to my friend's house and come back to Canada and do the landing before it expire.
will this be a good idea? did anyone have done this ? please suggest.
Your post is unclear on your current location. If you are already in Toronto, then why do you need to do a landing?

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Your post is unclear on your current location. If you are already in Toronto, then why do you need to do a landing?
I am in Toronto, i have not landed yet as the border has been closed and also in-person appointment also were cancelled.
since i have US visa, i thought of going US by air and come back to Canada and do the PR landing as i see there are flights from/to being operated between US and Canada. SInce my PR approved Prior to March 18, i am exempted to travel to Canada by Air from any country.
but the only question i have will US allow me to enter into US with visitor visa as they may consider it as non-essential .? thats why asked here if someone have done this recently?