+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Bikram67

Jul 18, 2018
Comrades from India do not keep your hopes high as aviation minister said flights might resume depending upon this bloody virus, and it (virus) has no plan of stopping soon..

Reactions: pumpkin_latte

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Comrades from India do not keep your hopes high as aviation minister said flights might resume depending upon this bloody virus, and it (virus) has no plan of stopping soon..
No he did not meant to say that.He said that he should be able to judge its behaviour or predicability to be able to take the risk.He never said that he will open when positive cases reduce.He meant that when people learn how to live and cope with the virus he might consider opening up.Also domestic flights are kind of testing for him.If everything goes well they will think abt international.Guys tonnes of ppl are putting pressure on the govt .Also airlines are suffering huge losses.By September they might go bankrupt.So may be for their sake they open.Think positive.

Reactions: dn3

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
No, it only announced that Domestic flights are resumed. My VAC is still closed. I guess I must use it as a sign to raise a web-form: as soon it is open, I will inform IRCC that I am able to travel.
Unless govt issues notification they will not consider ur request.Govt directly sends them notifications too.They are very well aware whether you are able to travel or not even if you raise webform.Secondly ur vac is closed.How will you send passport for restamping?

mahiejain

Jan 7, 2020
They have started giving extension in Hong Kong...some people have posted this development in other thread
That’s great news! My doubt is that the issue date for new extension documents will be after March 18th due to which we’ll not be allowed anyways bc it’s after the ban date. I hope they grant extension soon though.

Reactions: smithplato

Tall2003

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Germany
Category........
Hey guys!
My COPY expires mid June. i raised a webform on 16th May stating "I am unable to travel due to the lockdown imposed in India on account of Covid-19. Please confirm the process shall i be unable or unwilling to travel within the expiry of my COPR".

I received this response today.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the new coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on IRCC clients.

Until further notice, most people cannot travel to Canada, even if they have a valid visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA).

You can travel to Canada or be permitted to enter Canada if you are:

In any case, if you're travelling by air:

• You need to pass a health check conducted by airlines before you're allowed to board your flight,
  • Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.
When you arrive in Canada by air or land, we'll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don't have a plan, you'll be quarantined in a facility designated by the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada.

We invite you to consult the How the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services page to answer your most common questions about travel restrictions and exemptions.

We understand that these measures will affect several IRCC clients. Please be assured that we continue to closely monitor the situation and provide you with the most current information as the situation evolves.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to verify our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

MY CONCERN IS - This response seems to different from what i've read on this forum. Most people have received a rather comforting response stating " they have forwarded the extension request to the relevant office. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the Covid -19 pandemic"

Should i have explicitly stated " please extend my visa " in the webform? Also my file was processed at New Delhi, however i raised this webform to CIC Canada. Is this response okay? Has anyone else received this response ? Should i raise another webform to Delhi or Canada stating i need an extension so that they mark/re-open my profile.
İ have got same response. İ also surprised

Reactions: BillyWescott

Gayathri Neelakandan

Apr 6, 2020
Unless govt issues notification they will not consider ur request.Govt directly sends them notifications too.They are very well aware whether you are able to travel or not even if you raise webform.Secondly ur vac is closed.How will you send passport for restamping?
hi @Canaspirant xyz what is the status of your application in CIC portal..IS it it "Approved" or " In Progress" status.

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Dear All,
My COPR approved: 10th January & COPR will expire: 27th May
Currently i can't land in Canada for ongoing Pandemic situation. till now all the international flight are shutdown from my country.
I have raised issue with IRCC web. I received below response from IRCC.

**************************************************************************************
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

*********************************************************************************************

would you please advice me, what's the next step.
The next step should be informing them that you are ready to travel when you are actiually ready to travel so they can reopen your file after your COPR expires.

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
You are right. I didn't think of that :) I just thought it could facilitate the process, but I better not mess with the IRCC authorities :) I will wait at least till the first internaitonal flight depatures from my country.

Parimal28

May 23, 2020
Did anyone do a soft landing recently by road ? If yes, were you able to turn back and return to USA the same day after the landing ? Or did you spend 14 days in quarantine in Canada ?

Parimal28

May 23, 2020
My COPR expires on 31st May and I may not be able to travel due to Covid19 situation.
I have raised the web-form request on 4th May requesting for COPR extension, however I have not received any update yet from IRCC...
Was anyone on this forum able to get COPR extended via the Web Form ? Or received any official answer from IRCC ?

Reactions: ELlouise