+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

kaur1990

Jun 12, 2019
Hi,
I saw few posts regarding AVR, did anyone came back to US on H1 Visa from Canada on AVR?
Is quarantine mandatory upon arrival or you can go to visa office for Applying PR card during 14 day quarantine ?
I have valid I-94 but my visa is expired. Can I come back to US on valid I-94 by drive or I need a stamped H1 Visa too on my passport?
Also when you come back to US, do we have to again quarantine for 14 days?
Can you please share overall experience and entry back into US?

sikand1111

Jun 13, 2019
Hi All

One of my friend having Canada PR immediately want to come to India as his father is admitted for Cancer, any pointers to get the tickets booked from Canada or any direct contact numbers for the same.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi All

One of my friend having Canada PR immediately want to come to India as his father is admitted for Cancer, any pointers to get the tickets booked from Canada or any direct contact numbers for the same.
Today govt has announced mandatory quarantine for international travellers coming to India.7 day paid govt and 7 day home .Still he can contact Air India if any special flight is scheduled.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Govt has issued guidelines for international travellers.I think they are considering to open international flights soon.May be June mid.I just hope vfs are also opened from 1 June .

sikand1111

Jun 13, 2019
They have given exemption to govt quarantine of 7 days in case of serious illness etc.Pls check them.
He wants to come to India to visit his father who is admitted in hospital, he will take quarantine without any queries, please suggest if tickets can be booked from Toronto to Chandigarh.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
He wants to come to India to visit his father who is admitted in hospital, he will take quarantine without any queries, please suggest if tickets can be booked from Toronto to Chandigarh.
I really don't know abt that.Pls contact Air India.They are arranging repatriation flights.

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
What other thread please?
Below is the message posted in thread/group by the name 'Corona Virus Threat to travel' on page 21...you may refer that

Just received the email from HK office today:

”The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. Please note that your medical validity has been extended. You must complete the following steps within 90 days in order for our office to re-issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa with new validity (ie. valid to 2020/09/30).“

The COPR expired on April 5th.

Pratzz03

May 24, 2020
MY COPR is expiring in last week of July followed by my passport expiry in November.
If the flights kickstart in July in India, will I be allowed to board the flight?
As my passport expires within 5 months.
Can some one please help

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
MY COPR is expiring in last week of July followed by my passport expiry in November.
If the flights kickstart in July in India, will I be allowed to board the flight?
As my passport expires within 5 months.
Can some one please help
Passport expiry doesn't matter, mine expires in August and I landed last week.

nicolasf

Dec 17, 2019
Hello all! Just wanted to share our landing experience with everyone here

We had been trying to catch a flight to Toronto from Dubai for a couple months now. After several cancellations, Emirates finally started regular flights to Toronto from May 22nd. We took that very first flight. We only had 8 days to sell a car, sell our furniture, pack our belongings to send by freight and the rest to go with us. With an extra bonus challenge of bringing our pet cat along with us...

Of course, UAE announced revised timings for the sanitation drive a couple days before our flight so we had to scramble and find a way to get our cat to the aiport. The British Vet Clinic in Jumeirah offers such service and is classified as essential service so they picked up our cat the evening before our flight and met us at the airport the next morning.

Our flight was at 9am but we got to the airport 4 hours before as recommended by Emirates. All CoPR passengers were asked to stand aside initially and a gentleman proceeded to ask us some details which he checked directly with the Canadian embassy. Rule of thumb is that if you're planning to do a soft landing, you won't be allowed to board the plane. At least 3 families were not allowed to check in.
This process took almost 1/2h so make sure to come early! During check in, they AGAIN checked whether we were eligible to fly.
Finally, we checked all of our 9 suitcases and I took the cat to an area next to the oversize luggage check in to show her export permit and vaccination book.
Rest of the process was straightforward, nothing different from the usual . Boarding took A LONG time as they were cleaning the plane.

Flight was uneventful aside from one dude having a panic attack a couple hours before arrival, acting all irrational but thankfully the cabin crews were well trained and dealt with him professionally and calmed him down...

Upon arrival to Toronto, we were initially told that were going to disembark in small groups, but they just ejected us all at once so not sure what happened here.

I will describe the steps we went through in the airport to make it clearer to those curious about it :

Step 1 : Passport control.
We had a dude who was quite rude and nervous. You will need to show him your CoPRs and Custom form (one they give you on the plane). The dude was not patient at all and very pushy, but kept my calm to avoid any conflicts... Last thing I want after such a crazy month

Step 2 : CoPR check
Very friendly guy, took again our CoPR and custom form stamped by the guy above. He asked us some questions about plan for 14 days of self quarantine etc etc. Asked us to wait for 10-15 minutes then congratulated us on becoming Permanent Residents, asked for the address to send the PR card and we were done with that. By the way we weren't asked at all about proof of funds.

Step 3 : Collect our luggage and cat

Step 4 : Customs
Surprisingly easy and fast. You show them the forms for goods you're bringing in and goods to follow, they stamp them and you're done.
Same thing for the cat, they checked the vaccination certificate, the rabies certificate etc...
I was expecting them to scan our luggage, but nothing.

You won't be able to do anything else in the airport... SIN office is closed, shops that sell SIM cards closed.

We reached the airbnb in about 1/2h . We had made an online order for the cat stuff (you're not allowed to bring in pet food EXCEPT if it's made in US or Canada) that was waiting for us.
We are using mainly Grocery Gateway and Amazon for groceries. Gateway mainly as it has fast delivery times. Both accept international credit cards so very useful until we're able to open a bank account after the quarantine ends...

We're happy to finally be here! Let me know if you have any questions!

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018

We had been trying to catch a flight to Toronto from Dubai for a couple months now. After several cancellations, Emirates finally started regular flights to Toronto from May 22nd. We took that very first flight. We only had 8 days to sell a car, sell our furniture, pack our belongings to send by freight and the rest to go with us. With an extra bonus challenge of bringing our pet cat along with us...

Of course, UAE announced revised timings for the sanitation drive a couple days before our flight so we had to scramble and find a way to get our cat to the aiport. The British Vet Clinic in Jumeirah offers such service and is classified as essential service so they picked up our cat the evening before our flight and met us at the airport the next morning.

Our flight was at 9am but we got to the airport 4 hours before as recommended by Emirates. All CoPR passengers were asked to stand aside initially and a gentleman proceeded to ask us some details which he checked directly with the Canadian embassy. Rule of thumb is that if you're planning to do a soft landing, you won't be allowed to board the plane. At least 3 families were not allowed to check in.
This process took almost 1/2h so make sure to come early! During check in, they AGAIN checked whether we were eligible to fly.
Finally, we checked all of our 9 suitcases and I took the cat to an area next to the oversize luggage check in to show her export permit and vaccination book.
Rest of the process was straightforward, nothing different from the usual . Boarding took A LONG time as they were cleaning the plane.

Flight was uneventful aside from one dude having a panic attack a couple hours before arrival, acting all irrational but thankfully the cabin crews were well trained and dealt with him professionally and calmed him down...

Upon arrival to Toronto, we were initially told that were going to disembark in small groups, but they just ejected us all at once so not sure what happened here.

I will describe the steps we went through in the airport to make it clearer to those curious about it :

We had a dude who was quite rude and nervous. You will need to show him your CoPRs and Custom form (one they give you on the plane). The dude was not patient at all and very pushy, but kept my calm to avoid any conflicts... Last thing I want after such a crazy month

Very friendly guy, took again our CoPR and custom form stamped by the guy above. He asked us some questions about plan for 14 days of self quarantine etc etc. Asked us to wait for 10-15 minutes then congratulated us on becoming Permanent Residents, asked for the address to send the PR card and we were done with that. By the way we weren't asked at all about proof of funds.

Surprisingly easy and fast. You show them the forms for goods you're bringing in and goods to follow, they stamp them and you're done.
Same thing for the cat, they checked the vaccination certificate, the rabies certificate etc...

You won't be able to do anything else in the airport... SIN office is closed, shops that sell SIM cards closed.

We reached the airbnb in about 1/2h . We had made an online order for the cat stuff (you're not allowed to bring in pet food EXCEPT if it's made in US or Canada) that was waiting for us.
We are using mainly Grocery Gateway and Amazon for groceries. Gateway mainly as it has fast delivery times. Both accept international credit cards so very useful until we're able to open a bank account after the quarantine ends...

Congratulations. How did you commute from airport to Airbnb? Airport taxi or Uber?

Getty

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
1221; 6311; 6511
App. Filed.......
04/05/17
Nomination.....
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-07-2019
Med's Done....
19-08-2019
Passport Req..
07/01/2020
VISA ISSUED...
07/01/2020

Congratulations on landing! Our CoPR expires on 26th June with no information whatsoever on when our country’s airspace will be opened. We stay hopeful! All the best as you start your new life :)