+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

M160RA

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm also a Dubai resident. As far as I'm aware, you don't need to contact the consulate for any flights. That are posted on the airlines website. Even before Emirates started their direct flights, you only needed to contact the consulate if you were boarding one of those special repatriation flights. But for regular flights listed on their websites with other airlines, you did not need consulate assistance. For people with a return ticket who intend to return back to UAE need to get approval from ICA. But this does not apply to one-way ticket holders

I am planning to travel from Dubai with KLM
Has you COPR expired? If yes, then have you notified IRCC that you are able to travel again?

vikas.trades25

Jan 8, 2019
I don’t think they are going to remove quarantine requirement which means you will have to stay there for atleast 14 days.
I am in the same boat as you.
Understood but can I just raise the webform for an extension of coPR (My CoPR expires on Jun 15). Would they extend it, since the border is US-CAN border is closed till Jun-21 for nonessential travel. Or should I just fly (as flights are running from NYC to Toronto) as I have seen ppl in the forum mentioning that one can travel on CoPR

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Can you or someone else please share the email with me here, so I can show at boarding time.
Thanks.
Important information for approved permanent residence applicants currently outside Canada
This email is for you if:
  • you are outside of Canada
  • your application for permanent residence (PR) was approved and
  • you have a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR)
If you are already in Canada, please disregard this message; it does not apply to you. If you are a representative, please inform your clients who fit the above description.
Congratulations again on having been selected to immigrate to Canada. We look forward to welcoming you. Unfortunately, the response to the global pandemic is forcing travel restrictions and delays in plans for many. We want to ensure you are aware of restrictions in place in Canada at this time.
On March 20, 2020, the Government of Canada provided updates on exemptions to travel restrictions in place to stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of Canadians.
Find out if the travel restrictions apply to you:
  • If your PR application was approved before or on March 18, 2020, you are allowed to travel to Canada. Please read about the public health measures below. If circumstances allow, we encourage you to continue to make plans to land in Canada in 2020.
  • If your PR application was approved after March 18, 2020, you should not make any plans to travel to Canada until travel restrictions are lifted. You will not be allowed into Canada at this time.
  • Use the issuance date on your CoPR to determine if you were approved before, on, or after March 18, 2020. If possible, we encourage you and your accompanying family members to arrive in Canada at the same time.
Public health measures you must follow if you plan to travel to Canada soon:
  • If you travel by air, you will need to pass a health check before you are allowed to board your flight. Travellers who show symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to travel to Canada. If you know you are sick, delay your travel plans until you are feeling well.
  • Whether you travel to Canada by land or by air, a border services officer will assess your health once you arrive in Canada.
  • Once in Canada, you must quarantine for 14 days, even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory for all travellers. There are significant penalties for anyone who does not follow this order. Please see New Order Makes Self-Isolation Mandatory for Individuals Entering Canada.
  • You must have a plan for how you will quarantine for 14 days when you get to Canada and how you will have access to groceries, get medical care, and other essential services. You will be asked to show your plan to border officials. While in quarantine, you will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. If you do not have a plan for quarantine do not travel until you have made one.
If your CoPR expires before you are able to travel to Canada:
  • If you have not already done so, please contact us using the webform to let us know if you are not able to travel to Canada before your document expires. If you have already done this, we have the information and you don’t need to submit another.
  • You may not get an immediate response to your enquiry indicating the next steps, but we are reviewing all enquiries. IRCC is working hard to determine the next steps for clients in this situation. We’re not sure yet when updates or instructions on this will become available, but we will make sure that they are communicated as soon as next steps are decided on.
  • Please also continue to regularly check on our COVID-19 webpage for updates.
Thank you for your patience during these exceptional circumstances.
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
Didn't you receive email like this?

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Your welcome mate...
Ya it’s quite simple. It is not required to be notarised. Just need signatures of Landlord, Tenant and Witness on it. That’s it. Scan it in pdf and upload it as Your address proof.For primary proof upload COPR and for secondary upload Passport front and last page.
That’s it.
Thank you.. one more doubt .. in case if the landlord doesn’t accept .. can I give my friend’s address proof .. like she would have her bank statement with her name ... will that work? Or should I submit something with my name only ?

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi ...
My husband and I are planning to do a soft landing from USA and there is a flight which lands at midnight at around 11 pm - Toronto local time. If we plan to fly by this flight we can still get the COPR stamped and apply for PR card right at the airport ?

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
I don’t think they are going to remove quarantine requirement which means you will have to stay there for atleast 14 days.
I am in the same boat as you.
What do you mean by uncertainty of reentering USA ? You have an active H1B stamped on your passport right? U plan to cross by land or air?

sg0608

Jul 31, 2019
Yes that’s the all you required. Apart from the above, I took with me a print of that exemption guidelines in which COPR holders are allowed to board a flight but neither Air India nor Air Canada demanded this type of notification, may be they are now already aware. And no one even ask for proof of funds, they just make sure that I was not carrying cash more that 10,000$.
Great! Thank you so much!!

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Thank you.. one more doubt .. in case if the landlord doesn’t accept .. can I give my friend’s address proof .. like she would have her bank statement with her name ... will that work? Or should I submit something with my name only ?
Hey,
I don’t think so it will work. The Service Representative specifically told me that it should be in your own name. So try to get one rent agreement, if possible. Else you can also talk on phone with the concerned but these days the waiting time is 40 to more than 60 minutes.

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hey,
I don’t think so it will work. The Service Representative specifically told me that it should be in your own name. So try to get one rent agreement, if possible. Else you can also talk on phone with the concerned but these days the waiting time is 40 to more than 60 minutes.
Thank you so much.. ya sure I will check .. else I guess i should open a bank account with their address and get a proof.

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Thank you so much.. ya sure I will check .. else I guess i should open a bank account with their address and get a proof.
Your welcome mate. Open new comer bank’s account which few banks are offering. It’s free for one year along with other benefits.

Reactions: SaraRahul

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Hi ...
My husband and I are planning to do a soft landing from USA and there is a flight which lands at midnight at around 11 pm - Toronto local time. If we plan to fly by this flight we can still get the COPR stamped and apply for PR card right at the airport ?
Yes thats possible. There wont be any issues with that

Reactions: SaraRahul