+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

garry.jones

Jun 14, 2019
Can't post links to fb groups. It's against the rules.

I'm not sure if that's the case. Mine expired May 12, but no updates yet. Just the generic replies and one email reply from Singapore VO, asking me to notify them once I am able to travel.

Profile shows counterfoil has expired, everything else unchanged.
Do they require new medicals for issuing new COPR?

M160RA

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do they require new medicals for issuing new COPR?
No, the medicals were updated on the CIC profile. 'May 19 2020. You passed the medical exam'.

There is another case that I came across, where the person with an approved COPR was unable to travel. However that person's 'review of additional documents' section was updated to: 'We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details'. Everything else is unchanged.

sg0608

Jul 31, 2019
Hi,

Is there anybody who took the Air India flight to vancouver on 19th may or to toronto on 20th may or planning to take the one to toronto on 21st may? Would like to know the experience of travelling through these vande bharat mission flghts as well as the landing experience.

Thanks!

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Hi,

Is there anybody who took the Air India flight to vancouver on 19th may or to toronto on 20th may or planning to take the one to toronto on 21st may? Would like to know the experience of travelling through these vande bharat mission flghts as well as the landing experience.

Thanks!
I took on 18th May for Toronto via London

rpgoraya

Oct 26, 2016
Regina
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
31-01-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
14-09-2017 upfront
Med's Done....
passed on 06-11-2017
Passport Req..
2 Feb 2018
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2018
LANDED..........
11 March 2018
My sister copr is expiring on 11 June. we booked her flight that was suppose to fly on 1 June but that got canceled. now we are sending inquiry to ask for visa extension. and can we mention that we are also making every effort to arrive Canada before copr expiry. and also if we will find another ticket do we need to send another inquiry before flying(before copr expiry) please help.

rpgoraya

Oct 26, 2016
Regina
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
31-01-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
14-09-2017 upfront
Med's Done....
passed on 06-11-2017
Passport Req..
2 Feb 2018
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2018
LANDED..........
11 March 2018
please advise if below inquiry will work;-

My application got approved on 06 March,2020 after which I booked a flight of 11 May,2020 from Delhi(India) to Regina(Canada) but due to global pandemic Covid-19 all international flights from India got suspended due to this and I could not travel. I booked another ticket of 1 June,2020 to the same destination but that, too, got suspended due to same reason.

The travel restrictions(India started lockdown on 25 March and that is still in progress) have not been lifted yet and my COPR is getting expire on 11 June, 2020, hence I request you to please extend my visa. Also, I am looking at every possibility to arrive in Canada before my COPR gets expired.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
please advise if below inquiry will work;-

My application got approved on 06 March,2020 after which I booked a flight of 11 May,2020 from Delhi(India) to Regina(Canada) but due to global pandemic Covid-19 all international flights from India got suspended due to this and I could not travel. I booked another ticket of 1 June,2020 to the same destination but that, too, got suspended due to same reason.

The travel restrictions(India started lockdown on 25 March and that is still in progress) have not been lifted yet and my COPR is getting expire on 11 June, 2020, hence I request you to please extend my visa. Also, I am looking at every possibility to arrive in Canada before my COPR gets expired.
Yes its fine.. attach the flight ticket and cancellation email with your webform.

Rahil Lakhani

Mar 13, 2020
Hi all

Good news for COPR holders..
A person has posted in Facebook now that his application status has changed from approved to in progress two days back and today his CIC website has been updated that he has passed his medical exam as on 19th May 2020..the processing centre is IRCC Windsor.. hopefully we also get same sort of update in somedays
Hello there, u meant like without medical exam the dates got revised? Can you pls share the screenshot?
Thanks in advance

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

rohan2now

May 3, 2020
Hello all,

My CoPR is about to expire in 2 weeks. I am a US resident and my spouse and I wish to do a soft landing. Is this still being discouraged? Are we allowed to return back within 1-2 days?

I did send a web form explaining that we are unwilling to travel at this time. However, we have only received a response saying that our petition is being reviewed by the appropriate office. There has been no other update since then.

What are my options here? Is IRCC extending CoPRs?

Please let me know. Thanks.

garry.jones

Jun 14, 2019
Hello all,

My CoPR is about to expire in 2 weeks. I am a US resident and my spouse and I wish to do a soft landing. Is this still being discouraged? Are we allowed to return back within 1-2 days?

I did send a web form explaining that we are unwilling to travel at this time. However, we have only received a response saying that our petition is being reviewed by the appropriate office. There has been no other update since then.

What are my options here? Is IRCC extending CoPRs?

Please let me know. Thanks.
When you say US resident, you mean green card holder or H1B etc?
I am not completely sure but they are allowing green card holders and H1B to come back but Canada wants you to quarantine before going.

I am in similar boat as you.

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Yes , I know. I was asking about people who have taken the direct flights from New delhi to vancouver or toronto.
One of the blog member is having today’s flight from New Delhi.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
No, the medicals were updated on the CIC profile. 'May 19 2020. You passed the medical exam'.

There is another case that I came across, where the person with an approved COPR was unable to travel. However that person's 'review of additional documents' section was updated to: 'We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details'. Everything else is unchanged.
Ok that's interesting point that they have updated ur medicals to current date.I think they will be valid for next 6 months till Nov.Now they will only send the mail fir ppr Am I right??

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
I have just confirmed from the Service Agent of ServiceCanada for applying SIN. She recommended 2 options. One by Online and another by registered mail.

Option 1 :- Registered Mail :-
She said if you don’t have address proof then you can send the documents by registered mail and it will take 20 days to process the application but in that case we need to send Passport and COPR in original. You don’t require to send address proof in this mode.

Option 2:- Online Mode :-
In this most of us have doubt about proof of address. I confirmed from her that if we have Rent Agreement which is easy to made, then that’s perfect to be as a proof of address. This mode is more faster than the other one and more convenient.

So I’m going for the online mode by getting a rent agreement (a single page document) which is easy to acquire.
Thanks for the info.... so how do you prepare this document like I am doing a soft landing and staying in airbnb...do I request my friend’s landlord to help us with it?

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Thanks for the info.... so how do you prepare this document like I am doing a soft landing and staying in airbnb...do I request my friend’s landlord to help us with it?
Your welcome mate...
Ya it’s quite simple. It is not required to be notarised. Just need signatures of Landlord, Tenant and Witness on it. That’s it. Scan it in pdf and upload it as Your address proof.For primary proof upload COPR and for secondary upload Passport front and last page.
That’s it.