+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Feb 20, 2020
Hello...Any idea if connecting flight or layover at pearson int'l airport for 17hrs or less than 24hrs is allowed this time of pandemic? Planning to travel with emirates airline from Dubai-Toronto-Regina on 1st week of June. I'll reach at PI airport around 3pm and could not catch the flight to Regina same day and the next flight is a day after. I will have a 2 separate tickets/booking (dxb-yyz & yyz-yqr). I understand the 14day quarantine is at the final destination. I'm holding a COPR/counterfoil issued in Feb.2020 and valid until Feb. 2021.

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
My COPR was issued in February. I entered Canada through land border..didn't come back to US. I have moved permanently with all my household stuff and personal vehicle..currently under mandatory self isolation at a friend's place, in his vacant basement unit.
Hello Priya,

What documents were asked during crossing the border ? Especially for the vehicle.

canadadreamer2020

May 13, 2020
Hello Friends,

Did anyone travel to Canada Toronto from India recently or are planning to travel in the coming weeks? Please let me know. Bookings for some airlines are still closed.so not sure what to do.Also COPR is expired.
Have another question. If on your COPR the destination city is Toronto then do you need to make final landing there? Like Qatar airways flies to Montreal so if we travel by that will it be fine?
I believe we are not allowed to travel with expired COPR COPR document

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I’ve used the connections Del-London- London-San Francisco or Del-London-London-Vancouver or Del-London-London Seattle frequently from last ten years and I always collect my baggage at the final destination, ie, San Francisco/Vancouver/Seattle etc. in even that scenario where there was no UK visa on my passport. It’s a thumb rule that when you have connections on an airport, there is no need to go to Luggage Collection conveyor and again for for Customs carrying your huge luggages. I’m also a frequent traveller of Lufthansa, I never collect my luggage during connections at Frankfurt or Munich, Germany.
Copr holders do not need transit visa in uk flights? Most uk flights require transit visa.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
I believe we are not allowed to travel with expired COPR COPR document
yes that's correct. I have filled the webform asking for extension and have received the generic reply. I think they say we have to notify them when we are ready to travel. But since lockdown is extended it's difficult to find fights.So not sure what to do.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
As per your query :-
1. I have reached Toronto yesterday.
2. I used Air India Del-Lhr and Air Canada Lhr-Yyz
3. You can land anywhere, in any province of Canada, it doesn’t matter which destination is mentioned on your COPR. But in case of PNP, the rule may be different.
4. If you use Qatar Airways and will land in Montreal then you will have to go through the immigration procedure right there at Montreal, only after that you can go to the final destination.
Thank you. When did you book flight? I checked air India they say no booking till May end. Also since COPR is expired have to wait for the extension process and dont know how long it will take.

I Am A Shatriya

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
Has anyone completed their landing from US recently? If yes, are they allowing people to land whose applications were approved after March 18th?.

sg0608

Jul 31, 2019
So guys finally land at Toronto Pearson.

COPR validity was till 18th May.
Landed immigrant on 18th May.
Delhi London Air India
London Toronto Air Canada

At Pearson immigration two forms were required to fill.
One is regarding Covid-19, like you plans of quarantine which requires address, phone numbers, type of property.

Immigration Officer verbally asked about the number of rooms available at the property where I’m gonna stay, will it have separate kitchen, will it have easy access to the essential stores.

Another form was like United States Customs form having questions like are you carrying weapon, meat, currency more than 10000 CAD, etc. and aN important question:- do you have goods to follow? I answered yes to it as I have made a list of around 100000 CAD jewellery along with valuation and pictures of each ornament.

After simple formality immigration officer signed and stamped my COPR with cute smile on face and laughing on the last day arrival.

Then at the exit I submitted the second form in which I declared goods to follow. Then the concerned officer said to visit CBSA before exit. CBSA counter was right there on the left side of exit gate.
CBSA officer stamped my goods to follow list which include only jewellery. She gave me a bill of 100000 CAD and a copy of my goods to Follow list along with pictures of jewellery.

SIN applications are not available at the airport these days, so I will apply online.
Hey,
Congratulations on the landing. Just a quick question - wasn't there any thermal testing or any other testing for covid symptoms at Toronto airport after you landed?

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Copr holders do not need transit visa in uk flights? Most uk flights require transit visa.
It’s not matter of COPR, even if you are Permanent Resident of Canada with Indian Passport, you will still require a UK visa if you want to exit the airport or if your connection is more than 24hours.

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Thank you. When did you book flight? I checked air India they say no booking till May end. Also since COPR is expired have to wait for the extension process and dont know how long it will take.
I have booked on 16th May for 17th May. Yes buddy you have to wait and don’t travel with expire document. Hope the process will be short and quick.

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Hey,
Congratulations on the landing. Just a quick question - wasn't there any thermal testing or any other testing for covid symptoms at Toronto airport after you landed?
Thanks for your wishes.
There was Thermal Checking at two locations, one was at New Delhi and second one was at London which means before departure at both points.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
nope you don't unless of course you are there above a certain number of hours or want to step out. I transited through LHR in 2019 as a COPR without a transit visa. The duration of my stopover was 4 hours and 45 minutes.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

rktocanada

Mar 12, 2020
Hey guys, as we can't get SIN at the airport these days and online SIN applications are taking 3-4 weeks time, does that mean if you already have job line up in Canada, you cannot start working for a month until we get SIN?

amanb014

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
My COPR was issued in February. I entered Canada through land border..didn't come back to US. I have moved permanently with all my household stuff and personal vehicle..currently under mandatory self isolation at a friend's place, in his vacant basement unit.
Hi, how did you prove that you will be Self isolated when you are living in a friends basement unit?
Does it have private entry? Kitchen? Did they ask anything like this when you arrived in Canada?

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
I have booked on 16th May for 17th May. Yes buddy you have to wait and don’t travel with expire document. Hope the process will be short and quick.
Thanks .. hope so the process is quicker. Also the ticket prices for other airlines are too high.