+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

PriyaSi

Dec 18, 2019
Hello Priya,

What documents were asked during crossing the border ? Especially for the vehicle.
For vehicle:
On US side- Original Title, Electronic Export Information that has ITN, Copy of email that CBP sent in response to my 72-hour email notice of export.
On CA side- Original Title, Carfax report, RIV form 1 along with payment. RIV form and payment can be done at immigration. I did it online to save time.

PriyaSi

Dec 18, 2019
Hi, how did you prove that you will be Self isolated when you are living in a friends basement unit?
Does it have private entry? Kitchen? Did they ask anything like this when you arrived in Canada?
You don't need to prove anything. They just ask and you have to be true in order to avoid any problems in case they decide to check on you by visiting your address of isolation.
My friend owns a house. The basement unit has its own entry/exit with its own kitchen and bathroom and I wouldn't be having any contact with my friend. He will be helping me with whatever I might need. That is what I told them and that is exactly what I am doing. They did allow us some yard time for fresh air, only when my friend and his family aren't there.
The officer noted down my address and insisted that we do exactly as we are told. We sought permission for returning our rental truck but she denied saying ask your friend if he can help you.

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
You don't need to prove anything. They just ask and you have to be true in order to avoid any problems in case they decide to check on you by visiting your address of isolation.
My friend owns a house. The basement unit has its own entry/exit with its own kitchen and bathroom and I wouldn't be having any contact with my friend. He will be helping me with whatever I might need. That is what I told them and that is exactly what I am doing. They did allow us some yard time for fresh air, only when my friend and his family aren't there.
The officer noted down my address and insisted that we do exactly as we are told. We sought permission for returning our rental truck but she denied saying ask your friend if he can help you.
Yes the officer have asked me exactly same about separate room, kitchen, washrooms etc. we just have to provide true information.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
It’s not matter of COPR, even if you are Permanent Resident of Canada with Indian Passport, you will still require a UK visa if you want to exit the airport or if your connection is more than 24hours.
Not true!!

You can transit with an Indian passport without a UK transit visa in some cases, please see below.

If you have a valid visa (e.g. an immigrant visa) or a PR card you can transit via UK without a transit visa for more than 24hrs, however you have to leave before midnight the next day, so in fact you may stay almost 48hrs.

Moreover, you don’t have to stay airside. You can leave the airport and rent a hotel in the city. I’ve done this myself.

Transiting without a visa
You might be eligible for ‘transit without visa’ if:

• you arrive and depart by air
  • have a confirmed onward flight that leaves on the day you arrive or before midnight on the day after you arrive
  • have the right documents for your destination (eg a visa for that country)
One of the following must also apply:

• you’re travelling to (or on part of a reasonable journey to) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country
  • you’re travelling from (or on part of a reasonable journey from) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country
  • you’re travelling from (or on part of a reasonable journey from) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and it’s less than 6 months since you last entered that country with a valid entry visa
  • you have a residence permit issued by Australia or New Zealand
  • you have a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland
  • you have a residence permit issued by Canada issued after 28 June 2002

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/india/transit/somewhere_else/yes

Spread the word :)

P.S. Congratulations on your landing and well done.

Last edited:

kanugln3

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Hi

I'm stuck in Dubai since mid March while I was trying to fly to Toronto from India. My COPR expired 15 May. Now flights are resuming from Dubai so I had sent a webform informing that I'm ready to travel. I got the following response.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that the agent who responded to you on May 15, 2020,
took the appropriate actions to follow up on your request.
If you do not receive more information or a decision by June 14, 2020, we invite you to contact us again by using the
IRCC Web form available on our website.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

I had raised the first webform on 27 April, for which I got a generic response on 15 May.

kingkong88

Jul 17, 2018
I just got this response to my webform request:

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The eligibility review is valid.
  • The security background verification is valid.
  • The criminal background verification is valid.
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your file is currently located at the Central Intake Office – Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Can anyone tell me what this means? Does valid mean that all three processes are completed and I can just wait for my passport request?

kanugln3

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
I
I just got this response to my webform request:

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The eligibility review is valid.
  • The security background verification is valid.
  • The criminal background verification is valid.
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your file is currently located at the Central Intake Office – Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Can anyone tell me what this means? Does valid mean that all three processes are completed and I can just wait for my passport request?
I believe this is a good sign they have started working on extensions. Only question is about remedical.

kanugln3

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
I mean extension of COPR and PRV. Normally medical expires around expiry of COPR, so the main question is will they ask for a new medical or extend basis the previous one.

kingkong88

Jul 17, 2018
Are you an approved COPR or waiting for the first approval??
I don't really know. on CIC my status says I have passed medical and I don't need an interview.

And this is the the response I got when I submitted the webform request.

Other than that, I have not had any communication with CIC since I submitted everything 6 months ago.

kanugln3

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
I don't really know. on CIC my status says I have passed medical and I don't need an interview.

And this is the the response I got when I submitted the webform request.

Other than that, I have not had any communication with CIC since I submitted everything 6 months ago.
Ok. Actually this thread is for people who already have COPR and PRV and it has expired or may expire soon due to COVID 19. I believe there is a different thread for people waiting to get PPR and passport request.

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Not true!!

You can transit with an Indian passport without a UK transit visa in some cases, please see below.

If you have a valid visa (e.g. an immigrant visa) or a PR card you can transit via UK without a transit visa for more than 24hrs, however you have to leave before midnight the next day, so in fact you may stay almost 48hrs.

Moreover, you don’t have to stay airside. You can leave the airport and rent a hotel in the city. I’ve done this myself.

Transiting without a visa
You might be eligible for ‘transit without visa’ if:

• you arrive and depart by air
  • have a confirmed onward flight that leaves on the day you arrive or before midnight on the day after you arrive
  • have the right documents for your destination (eg a visa for that country)
One of the following must also apply:

• you’re travelling to (or on part of a reasonable journey to) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country
  • you’re travelling from (or on part of a reasonable journey from) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country
  • you’re travelling from (or on part of a reasonable journey from) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and it’s less than 6 months since you last entered that country with a valid entry visa
  • you have a residence permit issued by Australia or New Zealand
  • you have a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland
  • you have a residence permit issued by Canada issued after 28 June 2002

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/india/transit/somewhere_else/yes

Spread the word :)

P.S. Congratulations on your landing and well done.
Thanks...

I have more than ten examples in which persons having Canada PR card with Indian passport denied entering UK without valid visa of UK. Even in my 17th May 2020 journey I was travelling with my brother-in-law who is a PR card holder of Canada with Indian Passport and when we have approached UK border, the officers insisted us to leave the airport as we both had UK tourist visa and our connection was after 17 hours but within 24 hours. Officer stamped Heathrow Immigration on his passport also at the UK Tourist Visa page inspite of the fact that he is having PR card issued after 2002. He was denied by the immigration officer at Heathrow last year for entering UK without visa that’s why he got visa this year. So practically things are different buddy. Canada PR card holders whether issued after 2002 with Indian Passport must require UK tourist visa to enter the UK for more than 24 hours. This is fact.

Reactions: hinavin

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks...

I have more than ten examples in which persons having Canada PR card with Indian passport denied entering UK without valid visa of UK. Even in my 17th May 2020 journey I was travelling with my brother-in-law who is a PR card holder of Canada with Indian Passport and when we have approached UK border, the officers insisted us to leave the airport as we both had UK tourist visa and our connection was after 17 hours but within 24 hours. Officer stamped Heathrow Immigration on his passport also at the UK Tourist Visa page inspite of the fact that he is having PR card issued after 2002. He was denied by the immigration officer at Heathrow last year for entering UK without visa that’s why he got visa this year. So practically things are different buddy. Canada PR card holders whether issued after 2002 with Indian Passport must require UK tourist visa to enter the UK for more than 24 hours. This is fact.
I can't understand what you are saying or any of your examples and I don't think you understand the other post but to be clear for others who are reading this... yes you are able to leave a UK airport if you can show you have an onward flight that leaves before midnight the following day and a visa to Canada, or PR card. This is not up for interpretation. It is clearly stated in UK Border's website. This does not mean you have the right to enter the UK. You are still subject to immigration screening to determine you will leave before midnight the following day. If you have 10 bad examples then I have 10 good ones.

Reactions: dashing_warrior