+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Any1222

Nov 12, 2019
hi guys,

my copr expired today and I raise multiple webforms in past of which I got response for only one stating I must contact my visa issuing office and response back from visa office to contact main Ottawa office. Please guide on what steps to take?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
hi guys,

my copr expired today and I raise multiple webforms in past of which I got response for only one stating I must contact my visa issuing office and response back from visa office to contact main Ottawa office. Please guide on what steps to take?
Call ircc and ask.

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Hang in there guys. Its really hard with this virus now, with more expensive tickets, less and less accommodation with things like airbnb having issues, travel restrictions, and general fear. It will be worth the wait - this government is doing everything to keep money in peoples pockets, even as the economy takes a beating.

Good luck @SithLord and others...

Reactions: SithLord

Sukre

Sep 1, 2018
Hi guys, I would like to share my landing experience with you so that you may find it helpful!
Around the last part of April I heard about the chartered flights taking back cityzens and PRs. So I registered myself in the consulate (office in Bangladesh ) web sight. They said a flight may be arranged around the first week of May. But they remain silent upto 8th May. On 9th May 1.30am I got a mail from the consulate that a flight will be on 10th May 4.45 pm and if I am interested I have to purchase tickets as soon as possible. The news was a huge joy as well as a big pain for me because literally I had only a day left to book the tickets and also complete preparation .

Anyhow I managed both. On 10th May I started for Toronto via Doha. The plane was jam packed. There was no sign of social isolation. A total of 316 passengers flew. Reached Toronto at 7.30 am on 11th May. Here we faced some measures taken for covid19. 30 people were allowed to leave the aircraft in every 5 minutes. Though we were given the declaration forms in the aircraft that was of no use as we had to fill up electronically generated information instead! Then smoothly we entered crossing the boarder services. They showed us the immigration area and we went there. The immigration officer was so helpful. He asked us only about whether we have earlier applied for PR? Whether we have any other dependent? Where shall we quarantine? How shall we manage medicine if needed etc. Then he asked us to wait as he completes some formality. After 5 minutes he came back and took our sign on the COPR and signed himself and assured us that we are now PR in Canada. He told us that we shall receive our PR in our mail address and. PR card in our given address by 6 to 8 weeks.
Then we went to complete customs formalities. The officer ask for the list of goods to follow. And how mush fund we have. Not asked for any proof of fund. Even he didn’t check any luggage or ask for any other information.
The process was real smooth and hassle free. The best part was we were able to fly in a chartered flight. And everything ended nicely. By the way our COPR/PRV validity was upto 27th June.
At last I want to thank all of you as I followed this forum and it was a great help and also a place of hope in this unprecedented COVID19 situation.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
I got mail in reply of my web form . Portal I cant access.If u have raised web form u will get the reply.I got after 2 months.
I have received reply to webform raised through email and not MyCIC account. OP received it in portal, that's something new.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Thanks Canuck!! I may have missed few of the important post.
My statement might be a bit confusing. Actually, I was in Canada(Inland principal applicant) and my wife was in India(Overseas dependent) when we started the file. Our PR got approved in mid Jan. Since, I was in Canada I did my landing and got my PR card. My wife got a one time visitor visa and COPR, which are going to expire on June 7.
I hope its clear now :).