+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

paddypsinghal

Dec 4, 2018
When I read the eligibility criteria it takes us to same exemption link of cic in which copr are exempted.Pls check or contact Air India.
My COPR is expiring tomorrow. Even if we are exempted but i am not in state to travel. I am hoping that i will get extn soon, as i already raised webforms with "UNWILLING" to travel. but the only +ve reply got from NDVO is :
"If your counterfoil expires prior to commercial flights becoming available, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken once full-service resumes."

I hope these sudden opening of airIndia flights wont create issue in our extn.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi all,
Your answers regarding the following two questions are appreciated:
1.Do your COPR & Visa is valid for two months from the date of issuance or they are valid until the expiry date of your medical tests?
2.Considering these unprecedented days, if I as a confirmed Permanent residents plan to land before the expiry date of my COPR then should I raise a webform and inform/ask IRCC regarding this or it's not required?
Thanks in advance for your reply
Hi again,
Is there anyone there who knows the answers?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
When I read the eligibility criteria it takes us to same exemption link of cic in which copr are exempted.Pls check or contact Air India.
Of course these AIR India repat flights currently only go to the US and UK (and SIngapore) so there is still the open question whether either country will allow a transit or onward travel given AIR Indias responsibility ends at US/UK arrival point.

UK just announced plans for mandatory 14 day isolation probably from begin June so as with Canada if exiting airside that could apply and the US has their own constantly changing rules for international arrivals, plus US visa of course..

So just saying that if cannot buy a single through ticket in conjunction with the repat flight, no idea if can or cannot, then this might not be as promising as looks.

Just saying.

http://www.airindia.in/images/pdf/FAQ-Evacuation-Flights-updated2-converted-converted-converted-1.pdf

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
My COPR is expiring tomorrow. Even if we are exempted but i am not in state to travel. I am hoping that i will get extn soon, as i already raised webforms with "UNWILLING" to travel. but the only +ve reply got from NDVO is :
"If your counterfoil expires prior to commercial flights becoming available, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken once full-service resumes."

I hope these sudden opening of airIndia flights wont create issue in our extn.
Not at all as these flights are special evacuation flights not meant for every one.Infact we are not even sure that we can board these flights or not .So opening them up will certainly not cause any hurdle in your extension.

sumcando

Mar 16, 2019
Read this

When to review a re-opened application
Once the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they are able to travel, a re-opened application may be re-approved provided that the applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, have valid immigration medical examinations, criminal and security checks and passports.

If the 60-day waiting period elapses and the applicant has not informed us that they are able to travel, a note should be placed in the application, and it should be brought forward for review for an additional 60 days.

Medical examinations
All permanent residence applicants must have valid immigration medical examination (IME) results in order for officers to finalize an application. See the complete list of panel physicians.

Should the IMEs be expired by the time the applicant and their family are ready to travel, new IMEs (or a reassessment of the IMEs, if possible) will be required prior to finalization.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Thanks

Our medicals will expire too. So will wait for further instruction once I raise a web form when able travel.

Reactions: decdeccan

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Not at all as these flights are special evacuation flights not meant for every one.Infact we are not even sure that we can board these flights or not .So opening them up will certainly not cause any hurdle in your extension.
Exactly!! These are evacuation flights. Their purpose is to bring Indians back from abroad not to take Indians to abroad.

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hi all,
Your answers regarding the following two questions are appreciated:
1.Do your COPR & Visa is valid for two months from the date of issuance or they are valid until the expiry date of your medical tests?
2.Considering these unprecedented days, if I as a confirmed Permanent residents plan to land before the expiry date of my COPR then should I raise a webform and inform/ask IRCC regarding this or it's not required?
Thanks in advance for your reply
Hi Amir,
1. CoPR and counterfoil visa are valid until the expiry of your medicals.
2. If you fall within the exempt categories and can land within the validity of your CoPR, you do NOT need to send a webform.

Reactions: Amir1523

foxstiger

Sep 10, 2019
I also thought that your Visa was expired. Hope you had a good experience except the quarantine part.. :)
I am planning to travel on 14-May and will be using AVR.
I'm traveling on 5/27. I got the ticket for Delta4985, same as yours I think.
Just want to share my preparation to cross-check in case I missed anything.

For documents, I plan to bring my COPR, passport, a copy of the travel exemption from IRCC's website, address of my friend in Toronto to receive the PR card, and the bank statement as proof of funding.

For quarantine plan, I have the airbnb confirmation. I will need to take a Uber ride to its location. If asked about getting food, I plan to say the building allows food and grocery deliveries to my door.

For cash, I plan to take a small amount of USD with me and see if I can exchange for some CAD at Toronto airport. Given that I will stay indoor most of the time, and I think my US credit card can be used for online payments, I may not need a lot of cash.

Anything I'm missing or any suggestion? Thanks!

Reactions: raxx.cater

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States

For documents, I plan to bring my COPR, passport, a copy of the travel exemption from IRCC's website, address of my friend in Toronto to receive the PR card, and the bank statement as proof of funding.

For quarantine plan, I have the airbnb confirmation. I will need to take a Uber ride to its location. If asked about getting food, I plan to say the building allows food and grocery deliveries to my door.

For cash, I plan to take a small amount of USD with me and see if I can exchange for some CAD at Toronto airport. Given that I will stay indoor most of the time, and I think my US credit card can be used for online payments, I may not need a lot of cash.

Yes, that's the same list I got and am flying over to Toronto next Sunday.

Edit: Am also carrying the copy of the Email from the Airlines confirming that I can board.

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020

Yes, I have the same flight DL4985 as that was the only option in NYC area.

Document wise, I have the same list.

For Quarantine, I am booking Residence Inn hotel in Mississauga which has on-site restaurant for take-away food. Booked car rental for 15 days through Costco as it is costing me only CAD259 for SUV for 15 days, seems better deal than Uber as I would be using it to travel to London after Quarantine.

For cash, I have TD USA account which allows free ATM withdraw from TD Canada. If you have the option, you can also open TD before you move.

I think you are well prepared.. :) All the best.

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020

Edit: Am also carrying the copy of the Email from the Airlines confirming that I can board.
Did you contacted the airlines to get confirmation or is there something on their website? Also, which location/airline you are travelling from?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

For Quarantine, I am booking Residence Inn hotel in Mississauga which has on-site restaurant for take-away food. Booked car rental for 15 days through Costco as it is costing me only CAD259 for SUV for 15 days, seems better deal than Uber as I would be using it to travel to London after Quarantine.

For cash, I have TD USA account which allows free ATM withdraw from TD Canada. If you have the option, you can also open TD before you move.

Why are you renting a car for 14 days? You will not be able to leave the hotel for 14 days. Would make sure the restaurant is actually open. There are grocery delivery apps like instacart, restaurant delivery like Uber eat, Loblaws and grocery gateway deliveryetc. There are also volunteer groups that will probably pick up your grocery order and drop it off in front of your door. If you want to end up in London you could also drive straight to London and quarantine there. It may be less expensive to get an AirBnB there. You may be able to drop off the rental and pick up another one after 14 days.

foxstiger

Sep 10, 2019

Thanks. I have the same question with @raxx.cater , did you contact the airline to get an email confirmation, and which airline are you taking? I will watch for your reply to @raxx.cater.

foxstiger

Sep 10, 2019

I will try the TD option before I depart. Good luck to you for your adventure in 3 days!