Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Same query.. Bcoz pnp people can have problems
Once landed you proceed to your final destination and then quarantine for 14 days. Soph971 a few posts back gives a great insight into the landing process under lock down.

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Yes its mentioned on their site that if we fall under M1 category we might be given straight away 6 month ext and if still we are not able to travel then we will have to submit remedicals.U can refer to ircc website in special measures section.
The website is a very large one of course. I would appreciate a link.

pratik2907

Sep 23, 2019
Hi Guys,

I soft-landed in Toronto, Canada on 9th March. Then the situation was bad but nothing was locked down. I got my SIN at the airport itself and gave my friend's address to the officers there so that they can send my PR Card which in pre - covid world should have arrived in six weeks. It's 8th week now and my friend hasn't received any my PR card yet.

Is there anyone in the same boat? Is there any clarity on as to when should we expect the PR card to arrive? Or any action that one should take given this situation?

mahinadnan

Sep 7, 2019
Hi, can anyone clearly guide on the following please?
I am from Pakistan. I received ITA on 4th March 2020 with regular 60 days deadline to apply. However, when the corona-virus pandemic began, my deadline was automatically extended to 90 days. Now my question is, since most of the offices for police character certificate and medical exam are still closed, if I don't complete my profile, will my deadline be automatically extended again to 90 more days or I have to add letter of explanation for each document section and also pay the fee and then wait for IRCC to extend my application period?

eris

Jun 29, 2019
Philippines
Hey - just to confirm I managed to do my connection flight to Ottawa from Toronto.
I ended up flying on 27th April because my 28th April flight was cancelled (last minute on 24th April)
I flew with Air Canada from London Heathrow to Toronto. I did not have a connection flight at the time. Once I landed and did all the PR immigration paperwork, I collected my checking luggages in Toronto and bought a same day 1 way ticket to Ottawa (the final destination mentioned on my COPR letter). I then did again the checking of my luggages and boarded the second (and last) flight and finally landed in Ottawa 45 minutes later.

All in all everything went smooth and even if I did my first POE paperwork in Toronto I was not required to do my quarantine in Toronto.

I arrived at London Heathrow at 8.00am and needed to wait for the Air Canada stand to open at 9.00am. Because I had a COPR letter (not a Canadian passport or PR Card), I needed to deal with a supervisor at the counter before checking in so that he could confirm that I was all cleared to travel. No big deal at all he only made a quick phone call and I believe the main important thing he verified was the date the COPR was issued) ...then he said "ok you are good to go !!!"

Before boarding I was asked again to show my COPR letter. It was only 29 passengers in the whole boing ! We (my spouse and I) could sit wherever we wanted which made it easy to comply with social distancing. The plane was so light that we actually arrived 1 hour early in Toronto. We were required to have our mask on during the whole flight and the air crew was fully covered mask + gloves + full white clothes covers...they looked like surgeons....

Prior to the departure we had booked a grocery order pick up with Walmart and arranged with our Airbnb host that he would collected and delivered the order to us.

Now we are almost halfway through our quarantine. We are starting to search for a permanent accommodation (the current Airbnd is booked for a month).
As soon as the quarantine is over, we will open a bank account and ask for a formal bank letter so that we could use it as a poof of address to apply for our SIN online.

Hope this helps :)
Stay safe everyone !
Congratulations on landing! Can I ask if you guys purchased health insurance and if you did, what kind of coverage you got? Planning to land on July, and trying to prepare since isolation protocols will probably still in effect by then.

Reactions: aurelero

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

I soft-landed in Toronto, Canada on 9th March. Then the situation was bad but nothing was locked down. I got my SIN at the airport itself and gave my friend's address to the officers there so that they can send my PR Card which in pre - covid world should have arrived in six weeks. It's 8th week now and my friend hasn't received any my PR card yet.

Is there anyone in the same boat? Is there any clarity on as to when should we expect the PR card to arrive? Or any action that one should take given this situation?
Yes all are delayed.

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
My credit card replacement was sent a month ago, it is still yet to be received. The bank actually told me, don't be surprised if it took more than a month.