App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Hmm, that's strange. Anyway, as per today's update, people residing in US does not have COPR approval condition based on dates (i.e. Mar-18). The update says, people residing in US with approved COPR can travel to Canada as long as the travel is not optional or discretionary i.e. travel must be essential.
Ik it is super strange ..!!! Okay I see ...

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
I have not raised any webform with IRCC yet and today I got an email from them stating that if you plan to settle in Canada than you are encouraged to travel but if you cannot travel just raise a webform.
So I guess, there is no need to panic or travel in rush.
I also recieved such an e-mail, part of this is saying this:
"
If your CoPR expires before you are able to travel to Canada:

• If you have not already done so, please contact us using the webform to let us know if you are not able to travel to Canada before your document expires. If you have already done this, we have the information and you don’t need to submit another.
  • You may not get an immediate response to your enquiry indicating the next steps, but we are reviewing all enquiries. IRCC is working hard to determine the next steps for clients in this situation. We’re not sure yet when updates or instructions on this will become available, but we will make sure that they are communicated as soon as next steps are decided on.
  • Please also continue to regularly check on our COVID-19 webpage for updates.

"
It doesn't look like an answer to any of my web-forms (all my web-forms were answered by generic response from eaither "ircc.cecscdonotreply-nepasrepondrecscec.ircc@c " address or Warsaw office).

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I also recieved such an e-mail, part of this is saying this:
"
If your CoPR expires before you are able to travel to Canada:

• If you have not already done so, please contact us using the webform to let us know if you are not able to travel to Canada before your document expires. If you have already done this, we have the information and you don’t need to submit another.
  • You may not get an immediate response to your enquiry indicating the next steps, but we are reviewing all enquiries. IRCC is working hard to determine the next steps for clients in this situation. We’re not sure yet when updates or instructions on this will become available, but we will make sure that they are communicated as soon as next steps are decided on.
  • Please also continue to regularly check on our COVID-19 webpage for updates.

"
It doesn't look like an answer to any of my web-forms (all my web-forms were answered by generic response from eaither "ircc.cecscdonotreply-nepasrepondrecscec.ircc@c " address or Warsaw office).
We all have received this email who have CoPRs and its not a reply to your webform. This is an assurance email that IRCC has not forgotten us.

Reactions: smithplato

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
Thanks. Have you purchased another flight ticket after cancellation?
Not yet, I'm thinking to wait a little more until we get some more clarification. First class ticket deal is gone now... :(
But I'm ok with economy too... :)

Soph971

Mar 28, 2020
Hey - just to confirm I managed to do my connection flight to Ottawa from Toronto.
I ended up flying on 27th April because my 28th April flight was cancelled (last minute on 24th April)
I flew with Air Canada from London Heathrow to Toronto. I did not have a connection flight at the time. Once I landed and did all the PR immigration paperwork, I collected my checking luggages in Toronto and bought a same day 1 way ticket to Ottawa (the final destination mentioned on my COPR letter). I then did again the checking of my luggages and boarded the second (and last) flight and finally landed in Ottawa 45 minutes later.

All in all everything went smooth and even if I did my first POE paperwork in Toronto I was not required to do my quarantine in Toronto.

I arrived at London Heathrow at 8.00am and needed to wait for the Air Canada stand to open at 9.00am. Because I had a COPR letter (not a Canadian passport or PR Card), I needed to deal with a supervisor at the counter before checking in so that he could confirm that I was all cleared to travel. No big deal at all he only made a quick phone call and I believe the main important thing he verified was the date the COPR was issued) ...then he said "ok you are good to go !!!"

Before boarding I was asked again to show my COPR letter. It was only 29 passengers in the whole boing ! We (my spouse and I) could sit wherever we wanted which made it easy to comply with social distancing. The plane was so light that we actually arrived 1 hour early in Toronto. We were required to have our mask on during the whole flight and the air crew was fully covered mask + gloves + full white clothes covers...they looked like surgeons....

Prior to the departure we had booked a grocery order pick up with Walmart and arranged with our Airbnb host that he would collected and delivered the order to us.

Now we are almost halfway through our quarantine. We are starting to search for a permanent accommodation (the current Airbnd is booked for a month).
As soon as the quarantine is over, we will open a bank account and ask for a formal bank letter so that we could use it as a poof of address to apply for our SIN online.

Hope this helps :)
Stay safe everyone !

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Where did you get the confirmation? Please share the link!!
If you check the applications in the past with processing time longer than a year, you'll find that applicant's medical validity was extended without examination. Similar is the case with @rajivmouli whose CoPR expired during this pandemic and officer extended the medical validity. Also, there are people, you can find them in another thread, whose application processing has been going on over two years. Their medicals have been extended twice without any examination.
Just quoting the facts, no one knows how they will proceed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sukre and CountessO

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Yes it seems. We should appreciate the High Commission of Canada in India because of their update on FB of contacting us over email for next steps once commercial flights resume. Now when flights will resume is uncertain at present. It's a positive thing that they are monitoring the situation. Even if it would take long I don't think something bad would happen with approved CoPRs. As govt is accessing the situation we should also keep accessing ourselves to remain positive without impacting ourselves on physical, mental and financial levels.
So true.Its so very imp to keep ourselves positive as it takes no time for the negative thoughts to surround us.These seemingly endless corona times and uncertainty of our landing makes me so depressed sometimes.But yes we have to believe as u said that nothing bad will happen to us.Eventually we would land happily.

Reactions: Dia89

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Hey - just to confirm I managed to do my connection flight to Ottawa from Toronto.
I ended up flying on 27th April because my 28th April flight was cancelled (last minute on 24th April)
I flew with Air Canada from London Heathrow to Toronto. I did not have a connection flight at the time. Once I landed and did all the PR immigration paperwork, I collected my checking luggages in Toronto and bought a same day 1 way ticket to Ottawa (the final destination mentioned on my COPR letter). I then did again the checking of my luggages and boarded the second (and last) flight and finally landed in Ottawa 45 minutes later.

All in all everything went smooth and even if I did my first POE paperwork in Toronto I was not required to do my quarantine in Toronto.

I arrived at London Heathrow at 8.00am and needed to wait for the Air Canada stand to open at 9.00am. Because I had a COPR letter (not a Canadian passport or PR Card), I needed to deal with a supervisor at the counter before checking in so that he could confirm that I was all cleared to travel. No big deal at all he only made a quick phone call and I believe the main important thing he verified was the date the COPR was issued) ...then he said "ok you are good to go !!!"

Before boarding I was asked again to show my COPR letter. It was only 29 passengers in the whole boing ! We (my spouse and I) could sit wherever we wanted which made it easy to comply with social distancing. The plane was so light that we actually arrived 1 hour early in Toronto. We were required to have our mask on during the whole flight and the air crew was fully covered mask + gloves + full white clothes covers...they looked like surgeons....

Prior to the departure we had booked a grocery order pick up with Walmart and arranged with our Airbnb host that he would collected and delivered the order to us.

Now we are almost halfway through our quarantine. We are starting to search for a permanent accommodation (the current Airbnd is booked for a month).
As soon as the quarantine is over, we will open a bank account and ask for a formal bank letter so that we could use it as a poof of address to apply for our SIN online.

Hope this helps :)
Stay safe everyone !
Congrats!
Is it not possible to apply for SIN without providing proof of address?

Reactions: aurelero and Beltex

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
My friends said he wasn’t even ask a single thing the only thing he was asked to Quarantine for 14 days in Toronto airport
Thats great. Lastly,would be grateful if you let me know if he faced any difficulty while boarding the plane. Or he was simply allowed in after checking documents.

Reactions: Farahnaz11

Neha_khedekar

Feb 22, 2018
Yes, I am a PNP candidate (Alberta) with copr. I also received an email from AINP yesterday. The email only applies to applicants whose employment has been affected by covid and have still not received a COPR. for approved applicants, you do NOT need to inform.
Yes i am PNP Alberta. I too received the email. Read it. But unclear as to what are we supposed to do. raising webform ASAP? or encouraging to travel if possible.?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I hope and pray so.
If it's 3 months it's if no use for some Indians whose copr expired in March as we don't have any flights within this period.If its for 6 months still its uncertain as some say international flights will not resume before Sept.We need atleast 9 month extension to be safe.I think that's why delhi embassy has told they will contact us once commercial flights resume.As no use of giving ext in this unclear situation.Or else to be safe and make everyone happy, everyone cud be gifted with 1 yr open entry permit .;)

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Talking about correct and verified information, where did you read this? Please post the reference link here.
Yes its mentioned on their site that if we fall under M1 category we might be given straight away 6 month ext and if still we are not able to travel then we will have to submit remedicals.U can refer to ircc website in special measures section.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
You did not pray well enough in past that why it is happening. Just kidding. I think we might get 6 months auto extension on medicals which means we should be ready to fly within Oct or Nov 2020 (including passport re stamping time). For this things have to improve after June/July with "new normal" lifestyle in place.
Dear u are counting from ur copr exp date.What abt ppl like us ....they should start counting from March 18th.On that basis sept 18th wud be last date which is again risky to land for Indians if int flights don't resume...Well these are our speculations.Finally what they decide ,we have to go with it.