+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks!
well, it was done already, but I got a generic answer only.
Thus a further procedure is still unclear to me. There is no clear confirmation/any means of proceeding to follow from IRCC at the moment, from the time of expiration of Copr/how long it could take to restore, etc
You will get an email soon after your COPR expires if you asked for an extension a long time ago. They are processing thousands of requests so it takes some time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do the below steps:

1. Raise One Web form to your VO (in my case, it's New Delhi)
2. Raise One Web form to CIC (Centralized CIO)
3. Email to NDVO
There is only need to send one webform not 3. Just creates more work and duplicqtes in the system. Nothing will get extended until your COPR expires.

DVsl

Apr 30, 2020
You will get an email soon after your COPR expires if you asked for an extension a long time ago. They are processing thousands of requests so it takes some time.
Thanks!
I've just informed IRCC that I experienced serious difficulties because of travel ban globally at the moment and afraid we can not land in time. do you think I have to ask IRCC for extension?

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Hi!
I'm from Kyiv, Ukraine. Our Copr expires on May, 27. same problems. we've re-booked our flights twice starting from March, 20, and our flight scheduled on May, 24 was cancelled, third time. it is obvious that there is no way to land in time. There is no way to take a flight from Ukraine starting from March, 17. No regular passengers connections at the moment. and we don't know when restrictions will be lifted up. All borders of neighboring countries are closed as well as Ukrainian border is closed for foreign citizens. But I see there are some flight activity from Minsk, Belarus https://airport.by/en/raspisanie-rejsov/prilety
Not sure should you stay in quarantine 14 days there or not
Let me know if you get some update on this please
Have you tried to contact Canadian embassy/consulate in Ukraine? They organised a few repatriation flights in March or April. See their facebook page for more details. If you have a valid CoPR, you are eligible to board such flights.

DVsl

Apr 30, 2020
Have you tried to contact Canadian embassy/consulate in Ukraine? They organised a few repatriation flights in March or April. See their facebook page for more details. If you have a valid CoPR, you are eligible to board such flights.
I contacted them in mid.March. Here is an answer (March, 16)

If you have an immigrant visa that will expire before you can travel, your file will be reopened and further instructions will be sent to you.

For more information about Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) special measures on temporary and permanent residents and applicants affected by COVID-19, please consult: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Anyway, will ask them again

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
can't you get your visa stamped until then?
I can't go to my home country for stamping (India), no flights.
I had planned to get stamping done during my landing trip in Ottawa, but the consulate cancelled all appointments :( .. so no option but AVR or just wait until July in the hope that things get better/more-stable.

Reactions: niko80

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
So India is getting back to normal life on August 1. I expected it will be at least October
I just hope countries aren't opening too soon and just causing us to go through this all over again. Some states in US are opening up, but where I live in NJ, we are still seeing 3000 new positive cases per day! It's going downward, but very slowly.

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
@saad_im @Ralino @FJK1982 @kenzakd

Hello !

I am in UAE as well and getting tired or rescheduling flights weeks after weeks... I have a flight with Emirates booked on June 1st that is still confirmed despite the announcement that Emirates will only resume flights in July now... Calling their helpdesk is useless and I am just told that my flight is confirmed and might still take place. Try to explain to them that we're relocating, not taking holidays and that we need a 100% guarantee that the flight will take place...
Was planning to book Etihad as well, but now they moved back their flights to June 16th...

The only options for late May, first week of June seem to be now Turkish Airlines or Ukraine... Not sure how I feel about either option. I am traveling with wife and 2 kids so would rather limit the time we spend in airports. Not sure how well Turkish and Ukraine desinfect their planes either...

What are you guys planning to do? I just want to stop using my savings here, waiting for an exit...
When your CoPR is expiring?

Samar2012

Nov 7, 2018
Category........
AINP
Hi guys ,
I am a inland applicant.
Please guide I received a cofirmation mail from IRCC that , “ pleased to inform you that you are a permanent resident of Canada . It’s a confirmation mail of permanent residency .
According to letter they are requested for COPR along with photo for PR card ,now my question is I have 2 copy of COPR issued by them last month , one copy of copr is send by them along with pasted photograph and 2nd is without photograph only copr , which one is I need to send for PR card , please guide

Rahil Lakhani

Mar 13, 2020
@saad_im @Ralino @FJK1982 @kenzakd

Hello !

I am in UAE as well and getting tired or rescheduling flights weeks after weeks... I have a flight with Emirates booked on June 1st that is still confirmed despite the announcement that Emirates will only resume flights in July now... Calling their helpdesk is useless and I am just told that my flight is confirmed and might still take place. Try to explain to them that we're relocating, not taking holidays and that we need a 100% guarantee that the flight will take place...
Was planning to book Etihad as well, but now they moved back their flights to June 16th...

The only options for late May, first week of June seem to be now Turkish Airlines or Ukraine... Not sure how I feel about either option. I am traveling with wife and 2 kids so would rather limit the time we spend in airports. Not sure how well Turkish and Ukraine desinfect their planes either...

What are you guys planning to do? I just want to stop using my savings here, waiting for an exit...
When is your COPR getting expired?
We also have our tickets booked with Emirates for 5th June.. initially it was for 6th June, which they preponed to 5th. Any news when they are starting their inbound flights??
Considering the job market impacts, we have changed our plan to a soft landing now...
Also, any web forms raised so far??