+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I just hope countries aren't opening too soon and just causing us to go through this all over again. Some states in US are opening up, but where I live in NJ, we are still seeing 3000 new positive cases per day! It's going downward, but very slowly.
Greece is opening for tourism on June 1. Seems like that country is pretty much going back to normal lives from May 18.

From the news I hear US is poorly handing this crisis. They're the worst hit country in this pandemic so I'm not sure any of the state should even be open to public anytime soon.

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi guys ,
I am a inland applicant.
Please guide I received a cofirmation mail from IRCC that , “ pleased to inform you that you are a permanent resident of Canada . It’s a confirmation mail of permanent residency .
According to letter they are requested for COPR along with photo for PR card ,now my question is I have 2 copy of COPR issued by them last month , one copy of copr is send by them along with pasted photograph and 2nd is without photograph only copr , which one is I need to send for PR card , please guide
I signed and sent only the IRCC copy of CoPR. In addition to the photo attached to this copy, I send another one (the same photo I took a couple months ago), with my name and UCI on the back.
This is based on my interpretation of the PR email. Also, as far as I know, normally we need the client copy of CoPR when applying for citizenship in the future.

Last edited:

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
@saad_im @Ralino @FJK1982 @kenzakd

Hello !

I am in UAE as well and getting tired or rescheduling flights weeks after weeks... I have a flight with Emirates booked on June 1st that is still confirmed despite the announcement that Emirates will only resume flights in July now... Calling their helpdesk is useless and I am just told that my flight is confirmed and might still take place. Try to explain to them that we're relocating, not taking holidays and that we need a 100% guarantee that the flight will take place...
Was planning to book Etihad as well, but now they moved back their flights to June 16th...

The only options for late May, first week of June seem to be now Turkish Airlines or Ukraine... Not sure how I feel about either option. I am traveling with wife and 2 kids so would rather limit the time we spend in airports. Not sure how well Turkish and Ukraine desinfect their planes either...

What are you guys planning to do? I just want to stop using my savings here, waiting for an exit...
Hey,
When does your COPR expire? Mine expires in July, hence I havn't sent any webforms yet. Still waiting to see how the situation unfolds. My confirmed booking was with KLM on 21st March. It was quite a hassle getting a voucher from them and I didn't want to have to go through all that again so I didn't rebook yet. I am hoping for travel restrictions to be lifted in UAE to look for outbound flight options. Etihad said it might restart from May16. We might hopefully have a clearer picture in 2 weeks time.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
WEB FORM REPLY: COPR EXPIRING SOON

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your enquiry concerning your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document that has expired or will soon expire. We are currently making additional verifications in order to respond to your request.

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients. All our efforts are dedicated to answering your concerns as the situation evolves. However, it may take some time before a response is sent to you.

In an effort to reduce duplicate requests, please refrain from sending your enquiry multiple times. Rest assured that we will communicate with you as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website regularly to obtain the most up-to-date information.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
congratulations, you got a system reply.

SCOTCAD

Star Member
May 20, 2018
Update:

I know have a full G Canadian drivers license, which arrived in the post two days ago. At least I know have solid proof of address evidence so will apply for OHIP early next week.

Unfortunately still no update on my PR card or SIN number, the sin especially is causing my a lot of issues which is more annoying when it should be a five minute thing. It makes no sense I can apply for OHIP and a license in person but can’t apply for SIN number in person, doesn’t seem right all service Canada offices shut.

Reactions: aurelero

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Hi guys ,
I am a inland applicant.
Please guide I received a cofirmation mail from IRCC that , “ pleased to inform you that you are a permanent resident of Canada . It’s a confirmation mail of permanent residency .
According to letter they are requested for COPR along with photo for PR card ,now my question is I have 2 copy of COPR issued by them last month , one copy of copr is send by them along with pasted photograph and 2nd is without photograph only copr , which one is I need to send for PR card , please guide
Hi @Samar2012 Do you mind I ask you when your application changed to DM in your ECAS profile? I sent a web form to IRCC and they confirmed that my PR application has been approved, but I didn't receive yet the COPR email. My ECAS profile changed to DM in March, 14th.

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
I'm actually from the NYC area, so I guess JFK is the best I can get.
@foxstiger
I just booked my tickets from Delta JFK to YYZ for May-14.
First class ticket is a good deal compared to economy class price.
Economy was coming to be $279 with 2 checked bags but first class was $249 with 2 free checked bags.. :)

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
So here’s my question ... my friends husband came to Canada just today he just got his copr recently .... and he came from Pakistan with the repatriated flight PIA .... without any question .. but how come from india they r saying we won’t allow u if u not a citizen how is this fair ??

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
@foxstiger
I just booked my tickets from Delta JFK to YYZ for May-14.
First class ticket is a good deal compared to economy class price.
Economy was coming to be $279 with 2 checked bags but first class was $249 with 2 free checked bags.. :)
Are you moving to Canada permanently or will be returning to US after the 14 day quarentine?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
So India is getting back to normal life on August 1. I expected it will be at least October
There will be "new normal" I guess. Easing the lockdown step by step is the only option for govt and I believe allowing the international flights would be the last thing to lift off unless someone comes up with a mitigation plan to allow flights early.

Reactions: SithLord

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
Are you moving to Canada permanently or will be returning to US after the 14 day quarentine?
I'm planning to come back, but I had too much of stuff in US, so thought of dropping some at my friend's place during the soft landing.

Bikram67

Jul 18, 2018
Is there any PNP applicant, who received a separate email from their respective province ( besides the standard reply of web form). I just got one stating that please inform us on any changes to your employment due to this virus ,I haven't replied to it. Anybody got the same .. Did you respond..?.
My copr expired today :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: saad_im

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Is there any PNP applicant, who received a separate email from their respective province ( besides the standard reply of web form). I just got one stating that please inform us on any changes to your employment due to this virus ,I haven't replied to it. Anybody got the same .. Did you respond..?.
My copr expired today :confused:
Omg now whats this?I am also pnp applicant.I never got any mail like this and hope I do not get one.you are app of which province?