+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I relate to the feelings of your son so much! I am getting prepared for Engieering program as well and I also cannot focus on studies now. I haven't been doing any math for a month!
You said your profile was not changed, but I remember you spoke to IRCC representative on the phone and you were told that that they are reopening your profile? Or I misunderstood you?
She told that the information is there that I am unable to land due to covid and some officer will review the application to determine the next steps to be taken to give extension.I think review means reopening only.I will call again after a week to find out the progress. Advice for you...like I give to my son...nothing is in our hands right now...so instead of wasting time waiting for extension and all...why not study and enhance ur skills..Math science is going to be same here or there....it will never go waste.For Math lovers it should be your fav pass time.All the best

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
She told that the information is there that I am unable to land due to covid and some officer will review the application to determine the next steps to be taken to give extension.I think review means reopening only.I will call again after a week to find out the progress. Advice for you...like I give to my son...nothing is in our hands right now...so instead of wasting time waiting for extension and all...why not study and enhance ur skills..Math science is going to be same here or there....it will never go waste.For Math lovers it should be your fav pass time.All the best
oh, ok. I got it now.
Thank you for the advice: you are absolutely right! We will be there eventually, I just need to push myself together and get back on track.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
WEB FORM REPLY: COPR EXPIRING SOON

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your enquiry concerning your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document that has expired or will soon expire. We are currently making additional verifications in order to respond to your request.

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients. All our efforts are dedicated to answering your concerns as the situation evolves. However, it may take some time before a response is sent to you.

In an effort to reduce duplicate requests, please refrain from sending your enquiry multiple times. Rest assured that we will communicate with you as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website regularly to obtain the most up-to-date information.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

Good day,

We have received your enquiry concerning your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document that has expired or will soon expire. We are currently making additional verifications in order to respond to your request.

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients. All our efforts are dedicated to answering your concerns as the situation evolves. However, it may take some time before a response is sent to you.

In an effort to reduce duplicate requests, please refrain from sending your enquiry multiple times. Rest assured that we will communicate with you as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website regularly to obtain the most up-to-date information.

Sincerely,

Mailed directly to NDVO ?

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019

Good day,

Sincerely,

Recieved the same reply today.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Do the below steps:

1. Raise One Web form to your VO (in my case, it's New Delhi)
2. Raise One Web form to CIC (Centralized CIO)
3. Email to NDVO
I am sure you are aware of the information shared by High Commission of Canada in India on their Facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/canada-in-india-high-commission-of-canada/important-information-regarding-covid-19/3087838001268813/

It mentions the following details.

Confirmation of Permanent Resident Document

If you have been issued a Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR) document on or before March 18, 2020, but you have not travelled to Canada yet, you are exempt from the travel restriction measures and can travel to Canada once commercial flights become available.

If your counterfoil expires prior to commercial flights becoming available, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken once full-service resumes.

It would be better to wait until they are fully operational. If one doesn't receive communication from them then email regarding the situation.

Neha_khedekar

Feb 22, 2018
I am one of those who eager to travel. I was not intending to start looking for a job straight away, as I am planning to study (I am enrolled to a program at a university), so it is in my interest to get there not later than September, because if I am late for semester, I will have to start looking for a job and, you are right, it will be quite difficult in such times. I am not rich, I have been saving money for 7 years to buy an appartment in my home country. I did not think of immigration, when I started saving. Now this money will go to Canada budget :) It is a long term investment to myself )))
Besides, I am traveling alone. It is easier compared to those who travel with kids - you would have to worry about your family all the time.
Agreed. All the best to you

nicolasf

Dec 17, 2019
@saad_im @Ralino @FJK1982 @kenzakd

Hello !

I am in UAE as well and getting tired or rescheduling flights weeks after weeks... I have a flight with Emirates booked on June 1st that is still confirmed despite the announcement that Emirates will only resume flights in July now... Calling their helpdesk is useless and I am just told that my flight is confirmed and might still take place. Try to explain to them that we're relocating, not taking holidays and that we need a 100% guarantee that the flight will take place...
Was planning to book Etihad as well, but now they moved back their flights to June 16th...

The only options for late May, first week of June seem to be now Turkish Airlines or Ukraine... Not sure how I feel about either option. I am traveling with wife and 2 kids so would rather limit the time we spend in airports. Not sure how well Turkish and Ukraine desinfect their planes either...

What are you guys planning to do? I just want to stop using my savings here, waiting for an exit...

jefferson12

Apr 5, 2020

Hello !

I am in UAE as well and getting tired or rescheduling flights weeks after weeks... I have a flight with Emirates booked on June 1st that is still confirmed despite the announcement that Emirates will only resume flights in July now... Calling their helpdesk is useless and I am just told that my flight is confirmed and might still take place. Try to explain to them that we're relocating, not taking holidays and that we need a 100% guarantee that the flight will take place...
Was planning to book Etihad as well, but now they moved back their flights to June 16th...

The only options for late May, first week of June seem to be now Turkish Airlines or Ukraine... Not sure how I feel about either option. I am traveling with wife and 2 kids so would rather limit the time we spend in airports. Not sure how well Turkish and Ukraine desinfect their planes either...

What are you guys planning to do? I just want to stop using my savings here, waiting for an exit...
Raise webform and ask them for a extension.

DVsl

Apr 30, 2020

Hello !

Hi!
I'm from Kyiv, Ukraine. Our Copr expires on May, 27. same problems. we've re-booked our flights twice starting from March, 20, and our flight scheduled on May, 24 was cancelled, third time. it is obvious that there is no way to land in time. There is no way to take a flight from Ukraine starting from March, 17. No regular passengers connections at the moment. and we don't know when restrictions will be lifted up. All borders of neighboring countries are closed as well as Ukrainian border is closed for foreign citizens. But I see there are some flight activity from Minsk, Belarus https://airport.by/en/raspisanie-rejsov/prilety
Not sure should you stay in quarantine 14 days there or not
Let me know if you get some update on this please

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi!
I'm from Kyiv, Ukraine. Our Copr expires on May, 27. same problems. we've re-booked our flights twice starting from March, 20, and our flight scheduled on May, 24 was cancelled, third time. it is obvious that there is no way to land in time. There is no way to take a flight from Ukraine starting from March, 17. No regular passengers connections at the moment. and we don't know when restrictions will be lifted up. All borders of neighboring countries are closed as well as Ukrainian border is closed for foreign citizens. But I see there are some flight activity from Minsk, Belarus https://airport.by/en/raspisanie-rejsov/prilety
Not sure should you stay in quarantine 14 days there or not
Let me know if you get some update on this please
Assume you have sent in the web form informing IRCC you are not able to travel at the moment . If not you need to do that so the fact is recorded in the system as and when any extensions become available.

Really no point in keep booking flights at the moment

DVsl

Apr 30, 2020
Assume you have sent in the web form informing IRCC you are not able to travel at the moment . If not you need to do that so the fact is recorded in the system as and when any extensions become available.

Really no point in keep booking flights at the moment
Thanks!
well, it was done already, but I got a generic answer only.
Thus a further procedure is still unclear to me. There is no clear confirmation/any means of proceeding to follow from IRCC at the moment, from the time of expiration of Copr/how long it could take to restore, etc