+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I am now studying at University of WIndsor. Fortunately, I have received the letter from IRCC to confirm that I am now a PR without any landing interview done.
Are univ starting from Sept?My son has offer from UBC sept intake .We are in India.God knows whether we will get our visa extension by then or not or flights will start or not.!!Otherwise I will ask to defer the admission to Jan intake.Btw for computer science which is better UBC or waterloo?Pls suggest.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I see the flight you mentioned. It seems to be the only direct flight. When they canceled the Westjet flight you booked, did they give you a reason? Also how long were you informed before the flight date?
If you check the Westjet site they suspended all operations from March 22 so assume anything after that was cancelled

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
I see the flight you mentioned. It seems to be the only direct flight. When they canceled the Westjet flight you booked, did they give you a reason? Also how long were you informed before the flight date?
Originally, I booked a Westjet (WS1201) flight for Apr-03 (booked on Feb-10), they cancelled the flight around Mar-20 and gave me vouchers for the same amount.
Then Westjet suspended all flights till end of May, but they still offered partner airlines which in this case is Endeavor, so I booked again through Westjet (9E4987) for Apr-15 (booked around Mar-23), but it also got suspended after Mar-29.

foxstiger

Sep 10, 2019
Originally, I booked a Westjet (WS1201) flight for Apr-03 (booked on Feb-10), they cancelled the flight around Mar-20 and gave me vouchers for the same amount.
Then Westjet suspended all flights till end of May, but they still offered partner airlines which in this case is Endeavor, so I booked again through Westjet (9E4987) for Apr-15 (booked around Mar-23), but it also got suspended after Mar-29.
That's really frustrating. I hope the situation is more stable in May and no cancellation to your flight anymore.
I plan to travel the week after Air Canada resumes on May 23, though there could be another extension to the suspension. Now I'm thinking of buying an Endeavor ticket as plan B. But they are both nonrefundable. Feels like throwing money away.

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Dropping in to say I have received an email from IRCC confirming that I am now a PR (without any landing interview done). Do note that I was an inland applicant.

Although I am still required to send a photograph along with CoPR documents for them to issue permanent resident card.

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
That's really frustrating. I hope the situation is more stable in May and no cancellation to your flight anymore.
I plan to travel the week after Air Canada resumes on May 23, though there could be another extension to the suspension. Now I'm thinking of buying an Endeavor ticket as plan B. But they are both nonrefundable. Feels like throwing money away.
Which area are you from?
I also looked option to fly from PHL, as JFK and PHL takes almost same time from my location. PHL has a direct flight too to YYZ and seems to be a safer option than JFK considering Covid-19 cases in NYC.

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Dropping in to say I have received an email from IRCC confirming that I am now a PR (without any landing interview done). Do note that I was an inland applicant.

Although I am still required to send a photograph along with CoPR documents for them to issue permanent resident card.
when is your copr expiring? And when was it approved?

Dia89

Mar 16, 2020

Great!!!
I wish they could come with something like that for outland applicants also.

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Is CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia open and really processing applications?
Anyone has any real updates?

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Passport Delivered to Ottawa on Mar 10.
Approved in system - an hour ago.
No email received.
Return tracker not activated yet

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
I am now studying at University of WIndsor. Fortunately, I have received the letter from IRCC to confirm that I am now a PR without any landing interview done.
Phew... :) Many congratulations!

Now for some online shopping for your school year, eh!:)

Reactions: Anh_Lam