+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Surveillance codes (“S” criterion)
All cases require an “S” code.

S1
No requirement for medical surveillance

Note: For M1 profiles, the surveillance code is defaulted to S1. For other medical profiles, the surveillance code “S1” needs to be manually selected.

S2.01
Applicant is inadmissible to Canada (active tuberculosis); used in conjunction with the medical profile M4.
S2.02
Medical surveillance required. Conditional entry recommended

Anh_Lam

Jul 21, 2019
no this is for inland processing. Outland remain as is, you will need to travel to Canada, for now.
Hello,

So can we make a phone interview appointment now? I'm desperately waiting for the CoPR to be validated as I am going to pay for my graduate tuition fee very soon on 15 May

Thank you

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hello,

So can we make a phone interview appointment now? I'm desperately waiting for the CoPR to be validated as I am going to pay for my graduate tuition fee very soon on 15 May

Thank you

Not in Canada, there is NO interview!

If you are not in Canada, there is NO interview available or offered for any applicant. I am assuming you are currently outside Canada, since you mentioned waiting to pay tuition fee.

For anyone not currently in Canada, CoPR can only be validated by travelling to Canada and at a Canadian POE (point of entry).

University College Admissions:

Regarding your admission et al, may I suggest contacting your institution and asking:
  1. for clarity on current (revised) rules about refund
  2. alternatively transferring to the next term in case of extended lock-down in your home country
  3. also rules for inability to travel for other COVID19 related reasons. Such as, individual preference to avoiding travel risk due to COVID19.
  4. Confirmation via email (aka recorded document), will help you in retracting fees/refunds or transferring to next term.

Best wishes!

Last edited:
Reactions: Anh_Lam

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
Please excuse my ignorance but can somebody tell me what's the deal with interviews?
I thought it was not needed under the Express Entry program.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Canadian High Commission in India FB page has been updated with respect to flights ban.

Confirmation of Permanent Resident Document

If you have been issued a Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR) document on or before March 18, 2020, but you have not travelled to Canada yet, you are exempt from the travel restriction measures and can travel to Canada once commercial flights become available.

If your counterfoil expires prior to commercial flights becoming available, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken once full-service resumes.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/canada-in-india-high-commission-of-canada/important-information-regarding-covid-19/3087838001268813/

jefferson12

Apr 5, 2020
Canadian High Commission in India FB page has been updated with respect to flights ban.

If you have been issued a Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR) document on or before March 18, 2020, but you have not travelled to Canada yet, you are exempt from the travel restriction measures and can travel to Canada once commercial flights become available.

If your counterfoil expires prior to commercial flights becoming available, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken once full-service resumes.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/canada-in-india-high-commission-of-canada/important-information-regarding-covid-19/3087838001268813/
Great news for those who fit in this group. In my case, the country where I live is not closed, but I already had two flights canceled. Soon I'll let them know that I unwilling to travel.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

Anh_Lam

Jul 21, 2019
Not in Canada, there is NO interview!

If you are not in Canada, there is NO interview available or offered for any applicant. I am assuming you are currently outside Canada, since you mentioned waiting to pay tuition fee.

For anyone not currently in Canada, CoPR can only be validated by travelling to Canada and at a Canadian POE (point of entry).

University College Admissions:

Regarding your admission et al, may I suggest contacting your institution and asking:
  1. for clarity on current (revised) rules about refund
  2. alternatively transferring to the next term in case of extended lock-down in your home country
  3. also rules for inability to travel for other COVID19 related reasons. Such as, individual preference to avoiding travel risk due to COVID19.
  4. Confirmation via email (aka recorded document), will help you in retracting fees/refunds or transferring to next term.

Best wishes!
Hello, I am currently in Canada.

Reactions: hinavin

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Please excuse my ignorance but can somebody tell me what's the deal with interviews?
I thought it was not needed under the Express Entry program.
People are talking about landing interview at POE or IRCC office in Canada. It's after you have COPR when you want to activate your PR status.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018

Thats great news.They are continuously monitering the situation.

Reactions: wick_sran

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Great news for those who fit in this group. In my case, the country where I live is not closed, but I already had two flights canceled. Soon I'll let them know that I unwilling to travel.
U will not fall in unwilling category as ur flights were cancelled.Use that reason and give canelled tic as proof