+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

w_P

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
That is unrelated to covid. If your medical is about to expire they give you an extra 6 months instead of saying you must land in 4 weeks.
Really?

The Migration Health Branch will continuously identify all applications where the applicant is residing abroad and their medical results will expire in the coming 4 to 8 weeks. Identified applications with an original M1 or M3 decision will be proactively reassessed for an additional 6 months. Should any applications that have not already been reassessed come to the attention of processing officers, officers are instructed to contact the Migration Health Branch with the following instructions:
  • “This reassessment request is as a result of the novel coronavirus situation.”
Any applicants whose medical results have been reassessed but who do not travel to Canada within the new 6-month validity will require a new IME.

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Here's the main part of the letter I received:

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
hi. What is your visa office? When was your pr approved?

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi. For inland applicants, did you notice on your profile under document status, that they have changed the visa counterfoil to invalid, and have added copr document as valid? They updated this yesterday in my account.

what does this mean? My copr expiring on June 9.

Reactions: RJain2020

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hi. For inland applicants, did you notice on your profile under document status, that they have changed the visa counterfoil to invalid, and have added copr document as valid? They updated this yesterday in my account.

what does this mean? My copr expiring on June 9.
My COPR was added today, it says updated today. The visa counterfoil is still valid...

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
I called CBSA today to see if they will let me land via the Windsor border.

The guard told me that while they will let me cross, they have stopped processing COPR landings at both land border and airport.
Can someone confirm that this is indeed the case? Told only @niko80 posted that they flew and landed at the airport without issues. So wondering what is going on? :(

niko80

Apr 21, 2014

The guard told me that while they will let me cross, they have stopped processing COPR landings at both land border and airport.
Can someone confirm that this is indeed the case? Told only @niko80 posted that they flew and landed at the airport without issues. So wondering what is going on? :(
I came by plane on 23rd, it was fine.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020

Hi RyeCatcher,
I read the same many conflicting replies in different groups from CBSA land border agents. I think its best if we fly for landing purpose. When I called Niagara falls - Peace bridge, the agent said that they won't process COPR and that I will have to return back.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Hi RyeCatcher,
I read the same many conflicting replies in different groups from CBSA land border agents. I think its best if we fly for landing purpose. When I called Niagara falls - Peace bridge, the agent said that they won't process COPR and that I will have to return back.
I feel like there is a change of policy coming and maybe not all the CBSA agents have been informed yet?
I just called Windsor again to clarify and got a different agent, they told me I can land and they will process the landing at that time. This is super confusing.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Here's the main part of the letter I received:

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
Was this received by hard copy or by email or in the application portal?

I am wondering if they plan to move to a similar process for outland applicants also..