+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Gayathri Neelakandan

Apr 6, 2020
The Migration Health Branch will continuously identify all applications where the applicant is residing abroad and their medical results will expire in the coming 4 to 8 weeks. Identified applications with an original M1 or M3 decision will be proactively reassessed for an additional 6 months. Should any applications that have not already been reassessed come to the attention of processing officers, officers are instructed to contact the Migration Health Branch with the following instructions:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence

Hi Guys

Does the above mean 6 months extension for every one or am i comprehending it wrong. Please share your reviews.
Did you get this reply for the webform you have raised for COPR extension

Gayathri Neelakandan

Apr 6, 2020
Hello everyone, I raised a web form on the IRCC website due to my inability to travel to Canada because of Covid-19. My CoPR was approved in February but i couldn't travel due to the travel restrictions at the time in my Country. This is the response i got below, I don't know if i should raise another web form. Please any info will be highly appreciated, Thanks.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Coronavirus - PR application approved on or before March 18, 2020 - Outside Canada

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

If your permanent residence (PR) application was approved on or before March 18, 2020, but you haven't travelled to Canada yet:
  • You're exempt from the travel restriction measures, and
  • You're now able to enter Canada.
If you're travelling by air:
  • You need to pass a health check conducted by airlines before you're allowed to board your flight,
  • Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.
When you arrive in Canada, we'll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don't have a plan, you'll be quarantined in a facility designated by the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada.
When did you get this reply

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
I woke up today with the email confirming my PR status and giving instructions on how to request a PR card. Not even a phone interview! However, I had called IRCC a couple of days ago to ask some questions about my visa renewal, so maybe that was enough to confirm my current address.
Good luck to all! Stay calm, they are working hard to accommodate everyone regardless the COVID19 crisis.
Same here! Sooo surprised!!

Reactions: cjas

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
I woke up today with the email confirming my PR status and giving instructions on how to request a PR card. Not even a phone interview! However, I had called IRCC a couple of days ago to ask some questions about my visa renewal, so maybe that was enough to confirm my current address.
Good luck to all! Stay calm, they are working hard to accommodate everyone regardless the COVID19 crisis.
Hi, what’s your visa office?

Chiya89

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hi guys just wondering, as canada had announced previously that those applicants who had permanent residency approved on or before March 18th can land . So is that date for online approval when you get passport request or is that date when you actually get stamp and COPR issued. My parents application was approved 1st week of March but COPR is not issued yet coz we had some travel plans so didn’t submitted passports, we submitted them on March 18th

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018

IRCC has already announced that extensions will be given automatically. No one expects anyone to travel immediately. This is the generic response that some applicants are receiving.

Also, all IRCC offices in Canada are closed that there that are working with remote employees have reduced operational capability.

There is a bigger crisis that a nation is dealing with than responding to individual webforms and emails, to which the answers have already been provided by IRCC.
This response is different from the one most of us have got.Just a precise question.Does this mean we should expect
their proper case specific response after we are able to fly and raise another web form mentioning that??Pls reply its important for us to know.Will they start extension process when their offices resume with full capacity or when we fill another web form stating that we are able to fly?

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Here's the main part of the letter I received:

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
Did you receive this physical letter or it was delivered to your IRCC account? When was your COPR issued?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020

First of all congrats!

I know we need to land in Canada and get the PR status as per process but in these unprecedented situations unprecedented measures are required.

Why CoPR holders who cant travel and with expired or expiring CoPRs can't be granted PR status by confirmation email or letter like this? Why we need to travel and land in Canada just to get PR status in these travel situations? Why isn't it possible to give us PR status and later when we travel issue us the PR card?