+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

klag15

Jun 16, 2019
This is purely my opinion. I am in a similar position as you; my PRV/COPR expires late September and I'm booked to fly out early September. I am going to wait till first week of July, see how the situation develops and then at juncture, will send out a webform citing my position on travelling or inability to.

Reasons to wait (again, I stress, in my opinion are): 1) an improvement in the pandemic situation is possible, 2) sending a webform now is too soon and you'll unnecessarily give more work to the IRCC officer 3) I don't know which country you're from, but some home countries have terminated international flights, in which case, you don't know when they'll resume 4)IRCC themselves might understand the distinction of people who are able to travel, but are unwilling to because of health concerns and may issue some kind of specific advisory for this population.

Wait and see, my friend, is my advice.
Hello, Thank you for replying. Yeah, I think I will wait first. I have asked my Aunt's advice too (she's in Alberta as a PR), and she also said that it is too early to do the web form. I am from the Philippines and we are still doing the enhanced community quarantine (lockdown) and all international flights are canceled and suspended until the end of the month. But again, given the situation here and globally, there will be changes in how to approach the quarantine, traveling restrictions and all. But yes, I think I should wait first. Thanks again for replying.

smpbcpr

Feb 7, 2020
India officially in lockdown until 3rd May. DGCA issued a notification that domestic and international flight operations are suspended until 3rd May 11:59 PM.

My CoPR expires on 4/27, so I would not be able to travel due to travel restrictions. I am planning to raise a webform and notify.
Hoping that once this lockdown ends, the consulate would be back to operating at full capacity and will have guidance for all Indian CoPR holders whose CoPR expired during this lockdown.

There was lot of anxiety and still is in many members around the CoPR expired or getting expired. All we can do is be patient and trust the process at this time.

kanugln3

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
India officially in lockdown until 3rd May. DGCA issued a notification that domestic and international flight operations are suspended until 3rd May 11:59 PM.

My CoPR expires on 4/27, so I would not be able to travel due to travel restrictions. I am planning to raise a webform and notify.
Hoping that once this lockdown ends, the consulate would be back to operating at full capacity and will have guidance for all Indian CoPR holders whose CoPR expired during this lockdown.

There was lot of anxiety and still is in many members around the CoPR expired or getting expired. All we can do is be patient and trust the process at this time.
Best of luck, I'm sure they would extend it without need of remedical, PCC etc

Reactions: Dia89

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
I just realized Aircanada updated its "New government-imposed entry requirements" page.
In the section "Will I be allowed entry into Canada?", it says that for foreign nationals:
"No – Only transiting through Canada is permitted. (See Transit through Canada). "

Damn I thought we COPR holders were allowed?!

Reactions: Ralino

gmehta

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018

I'm in a similar situation. COPR expiring on 1 May. Going to raise a webform and the sit back and wait.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
So one is allowed to do grocery during 14 day self-quarantine?
No. It's expected that you have support -i.e., family or friends to help with this, or order online. It's pretty much an official guideline:

• ask family, a neighbour or friend to help with essential errands (e.g., picking up prescriptions, buying groceries)
  • use food delivery services or online shopping

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-disease-covid-19-how-to-self-isolate-home-exposed-no-symptoms.html

jaybhatt

Apr 14, 2020
I was supposed to travel on 26th April 2020 but due to Lock down till 3rd May 2020, i am unable to do so. My COPR is expiring on 13th May 2020. I have already raised a web form for extension but if i don't get a reply and flight's are operating from 4th May 2020 and if i take decision not to fly due to safety of my 1 year old daughter, will IRCC deny extension on the ground that's lock down was lifted?

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
I was supposed to travel on 26th April 2020 but due to Lock down till 3rd May 2020, i am unable to do so. My COPR is expiring on 13th May 2020. I have already raised a web form for extension but if i don't get a reply and flight's are operating from 4th May 2020 and if i take decision not to fly due to safety of my 1 year old daughter, will IRCC deny extension on the ground that's lock down was lifted?
My husbands copr is expiring on May 12 as well .... and he is stuck in India I thought they might let outbounds go :(

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I just realized Aircanada updated its "New government-imposed entry requirements" page.
In the section "Will I be allowed entry into Canada?", it says that for foreign nationals:
"No – Only transiting through Canada is permitted. (See Transit through Canada). "

This is always the problem when well intentioned commercial sites do not direct people to official guidance. Of course the challenge will be what Air Canada has distributed to their checkin agents.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Reactions: aurelero

Ralino

Apr 9, 2020

Thank you dear for sharing, as per airCanada, CoPR holders aren't allowed to enter Canada. this is strange since IRCC says the opposite.
Maybe AirCanada didn't update its page

Reactions: aurelero

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
Thank you dear for sharing, as per airCanada, CoPR holders aren't allowed to enter Canada. this is strange since IRCC says the opposite.
Maybe AirCanada didn't update its page
Yes exactly. What is weird is that Aircanada used to point to the link Bs65 just shared. Now they just say "no" to foreign nationals without distinguishing copr holders and tourists.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As per my estimation embassies might start working on full swing after 15 may .I hope we get the personal positive response by june 1st week.Most likely fights shud start by 1 june.All assumptions:(
Just a comment on flights for forum readers as seems there are more rumours in the press that for a while airlines may be forced to adopt social distancing as far as possible on planes. So this may require them to have empty seats between passengers and no meal service although possibly beverages (no alcohol) , the no meal service so as to minimise passenger /crew contact. Jury seems to be out on face masks for passengers although expect cabin crew may be wearing for a while. Empty seats on planes means of course less profit given airlines work on per seat occupancy so everyone should expect plane fares to increase accordingly.

And as have said before airlines will take some while to get their parked planes back in the air so not all routes/schedules will start up magically the day after any lockdown ends

All speculation at the moment but can see this being the way forward for air travel for a while