+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Thats a relief!! Did you raise webform/mail to Delhi VO ? or using generic webform link ?
I did everything. Raised webform, sent emails to Delhi office.
This response was for the first webform I raised by selecting my visa office as New Delhi.

Raghuveer

Apr 4, 2020
So Guys !! My COPR expired on 25 March and I did not travel to Canada due to Corona Outbreak. I have raised webform on 9 March and received true response (not the automated one) on 2 April. They mentioned me that they are extending my medicals to another six months and they will update me on re-issuing my COPR and landing VISA. So chill guys. They are helping us in the crisis situation like this. Make sure everyone who have expiry dates coming up up shortly, proactively raise webform to make our case strong . Below is the response I got.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Note: The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services.

Please refer to our public website for information on how this may affect you:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Please do not attempt to enter Canada using the visas and confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) documents that expired on March 25, 2020.

It appears that your immigration medical exam (IME) has been extended to 2020/09/17; new visas and COPRs will also be issued with an extended date.

Once it is possible for you to travel, use the Web form to let us know so we can tell you what to do next.

Please ensure that your passport remains valid; you must hold a valid passport at the time of travel and landing.

If you renew your passport in the near future, please advise us of the new passport information.

Regards,
Thanks for sharing Rajiv....reply you got is comforting not only for you ,,but for all of us who are in same boat

Abdulgafar

Jun 1, 2019
So Guys !! My COPR expired on 25 March and I did not travel to Canada due to Corona Outbreak. I have raised webform on 9 March and received true response (not the automated one) on 2 April. They mentioned me that they are extending my medicals to another six months and they will update me on re-issuing my COPR and landing VISA. So chill guys. They are helping us in the crisis situation like this. Make sure everyone who have expiry dates coming up up shortly, proactively raise webform to make our case strong . Below is the response I got.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Note: The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services.

Please refer to our public website for information on how this may affect you:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Please do not attempt to enter Canada using the visas and confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) documents that expired on March 25, 2020.

It appears that your immigration medical exam (IME) has been extended to 2020/09/17; new visas and COPRs will also be issued with an extended date.

Once it is possible for you to travel, use the Web form to let us know so we can tell you what to do next.

Please ensure that your passport remains valid; you must hold a valid passport at the time of travel and landing.

If you renew your passport in the near future, please advise us of the new passport information.

Regards,
This is good news. Congratulations. At least, we now have some idea as to how IRCC will approach this. Mine expired on April 4, but I raised a webform way before the expiry date. I'm waiting for a response.
Question: Was this response from your local visa office, or from CPC/CIO?

gmehta

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
I did everything. Raised webform, sent emails to Delhi office.
This response was for the first webform I raised by selecting my visa office as New Delhi.
Hi Rajiv. How did you select delhi as your Visa office? Is there such an option in the webform?

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
This is good news. Congratulations. At least, we now have some idea as to how IRCC will approach this. Mine expired on April 4, but I raised a webform way before the expiry date. I'm waiting for a response.
Question: Was this response from your local visa office, or from CPC/CIO?
response from CPC Winnipeg