+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

kenzakd

Sep 12, 2019
My COPR expires on April 6 and it is impossible for me to reach Canada as the airports in the UAE are closed till April 8. I hope that IRCC will update their website with the extension process soon so that we all know what needs to be done.
Has anyone living in the UAE sent an email to the Canadian embassy asking them the steps for an extension?
Hello Zyad,
I am in the same situation, however mine will expire in April 27th, can you please tell me if you got any response from their side and how you could contact then
thanks a lot

klag15

Jun 16, 2019
Hello, just a quick question. For PNP PR visa holders that don't have a direct flight, where do you guys need to do the isolation? Is it in the first POE (like Vancouver or Toronto)? or to your final destination/province where you will be staying? I am a PNP PR visa holder, although I have not yet landed in Canada and most likely will land by June or July.
By the way, if this question has been asked or answered by someone, please help me find the link.

Thank you all

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Even if there is no extension on the lockdown, international travel will not resume straight away after a lockdown. They will definitely put restrictions and will not make it easy to fly out.

Don't try to rush out to complete your landing because situation is not good in Canada either.You have a very strong case and should get an extension.So don't stress too much :)
Yes, and not just that - Flights have to be incoming for them to start leaving india with people - even India is restricting passengers and travel. So it won't be like Apr 14 lockdown done, country just bounces back the next day. It's going to take a few days at least.

Reactions: SithLord

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Yes, and not just that - Flights have to be incoming for them to start leaving india with people - even India is restricting passengers and travel. So it won't be like Apr 14 lockdown done, country just bounces back the next day. It's going to take a few days at least.
So Guys !! My COPR expired on 25 March and I did not travel to Canada due to Corona Outbreak. I have raised webform on 9 March and received true response (not the automated one) on 2 April. They mentioned me that they are extending my medicals to another six months and they will update me on re-issuing my COPR and landing VISA. So chill guys. They are helping us in the crisis situation like this. Make sure everyone who have expiry dates coming up up shortly, proactively raise webform to make our case strong . Below is the response I got.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Note: The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services.

Please refer to our public website for information on how this may affect you:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Please do not attempt to enter Canada using the visas and confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) documents that expired on March 25, 2020.

It appears that your immigration medical exam (IME) has been extended to 2020/09/17; new visas and COPRs will also be issued with an extended date.

Once it is possible for you to travel, use the Web form to let us know so we can tell you what to do next.

Please ensure that your passport remains valid; you must hold a valid passport at the time of travel and landing.

If you renew your passport in the near future, please advise us of the new passport information.

Regards,

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Everyone should keep in mind as you have said that airlines around the world are parking planes and furloughing crews many through end May so just because one country eases restrictions does not necessarily mean an airline from outside that country will suddenly start services again.

Some airlines seem also be be taking a gamble on taking bookings for May despite the fact they may have parked 70-80 percent of their planes and furloughed 70-80 percent of their crews through end May. Also of course once a plane has been parked for a while from a safety view it will not just be a case of starting it up, it may well need to go through maintenance checks if parked for a few weeks/months, given we are often talking a few hundred planes for some airlines it will take time..

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello, just a quick question. For PNP PR visa holders that don't have a direct flight, where do you guys need to do the isolation? Is it in the first POE (like Vancouver or Toronto)? or to your final destination/province where you will be staying? I am a PNP PR visa holder, although I have not yet landed in Canada and most likely will land by June or July.
By the way, if this question has been asked or answered by someone, please help me find the link.

Thank you all
Not an easy question to answer but here is a link that refers specifically to Canadians transiting to domestic travel. Have not seen a link specific to foreign travellers at the moment but given the deluge of COVID suspect there is one somewhere. I suspect everyone is praying that the quanrantine rule will be relaxed by June/July but seems a long shot at the moment

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html

Last edited:

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
So Guys !! My COPR expired on 25 March and I did not travel to Canada due to Corona Outbreak. I have raised webform on 9 March and received true response (not the automated one) on 2 April. They mentioned me that they are extending my medicals to another six months and they will update me on re-issuing my COPR and landing VISA. So chill guys. They are helping us in the crisis situation like this. Make sure everyone who have expiry dates coming up up shortly, proactively raise webform to make our case strong . Below is the response I got.

Note: The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Please do not attempt to enter Canada using the visas and confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) documents that expired on March 25, 2020.

It appears that your immigration medical exam (IME) has been extended to 2020/09/17; new visas and COPRs will also be issued with an extended date.

Once it is possible for you to travel, use the Web form to let us know so we can tell you what to do next.

Please ensure that your passport remains valid; you must hold a valid passport at the time of travel and landing.

If you renew your passport in the near future, please advise us of the new passport information.

Regards,
That's a clear reply you have received with extension of your medical exam.

By the way, do you know your Visa Office?

Reactions: Godisguru

mandy15leo

Mar 11, 2019

Regards,
Hi
What was your medical expiry date earlier? March 25?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

Regards,
Thats a relief!! Did you raise mail to Delhi VO ? or using generic webform link ?