wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
They will definitely ask for a new pcc. Think about it. What if someone commits a crime between now and when they start opening the borders? How will cic know about it without some kind of criminality or BG check.
PCC is submitted before e-APR. What if someone commits crime during the processing of application or after CoPR issuance? How do they check for that?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Great and Don't worry.
Do inform here in this thread if they have re opened your application as it will be helpful for others to know. Re opening meaning they have put your application in review for extension. Once you are clear that it's safe to travel then again raise a webform to indicate IRCC that you are able to travel. After this they will start the processing of your extension.
Just a doubt.Where do we find this that our file have been reopened for review?My entire process was done by my consultant.But filling of web form or mailing them I have done myself.How can I check the updated status?Do I need to ask my consultant?

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
PCC is submitted before e-APR. What if someone commits crime during the processing of application or after CoPR issuance? How do they check for that?
PCCs don't have an expiration date. If the person has 5-10 years (age 18. to whatever age you apply for express entry) of 0 criminal records, ircc is using that to verify that an applicant is at low risk for criminal behavior. Also, the biometrics are valid for 10 years. They can always run those to check for any major red flags.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Just a doubt.Where do we find this that our file have been reopened for review?My entire process was done by my consultant.But filling of web form or mailing them I have done myself.How can I check the updated status?Do I need to ask my consultant?
Yes, check with your consultant. You will know in your CIC account. The final status of approved will be removed. But I believe this will start happening once lockdown is lifted in India.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
That's called background check and it goes on till PPR is issued.
PCCs don't have an expiration date. If the person has 5-10 years (age 18. to whatever age you apply for express entry) of 0 criminal records, ircc is using that to verify that an applicant is at low risk for criminal behavior. Also, the biometrics are valid for 10 years. They can always run those to check for any major red flags.
Exactly! If IRCC is convinced that applicant is at low risk for criminal behaviour why would they ask for PCC again from applicant who was unable to travel due to lockdown or grounded flights or COVID risk?

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Exactly! If IRCC is convinced that applicant is at low risk for criminal behaviour why would they ask for PCC again from applicant who was unable to travel due to lockdown or grounded flights or COVID risk?
where did you read they will ask for PCC again? Most countries issue PCC without expiration dates.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
It will depend on the length of time. If this thing lasts till Aug or September then expect some kind of background check along with new medicals

Lmac4

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Who was the individual in here who has an expired COPR? Who didn't travel? Have you heard anything? Has your case since been re-opened due to expired COPR?

smpbcpr

Feb 7, 2020
Great and Don't worry.
Do inform here in this thread if they have re opened your application as it will be helpful for others to know. Re opening meaning they have put your application in review for extension. Once you are clear that it's safe to travel then again raise a webform to indicate IRCC that you are able to travel. After this they will start the processing of your extension.

Below is the response I got. They did not mention that they are reopening the application. Everything will depend on when the travel restrictions are eased out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply from NDVO

Good day,
Thank you for your e-mail. As already stated below, if your COPR counterfoil expires prior to being able to travel, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken in order to travel to Canada after commercial flights become available. Please do not send repeat requests as we are operating with limited staff.
For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on Facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you cannot find the answer through the information and helpful links on our facebook page.

smpbcpr

Feb 7, 2020
Have you gotten a reply yet? When did you send this? How long ago?

Also, any reason why you directly emailed the visa office instead of using the webform?
I got a generic response when I raised the webform and that is why I reached out to NDVO. The NDVO response was a little bit comforting, but still not sure what would happen if India lifts restrictions on travel. There are very limited to no travel options available as most of the airlines have suspended operations for the month of April (Air Canada and Air India are not taking bookings for April)

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
I got a generic response when I raised the webform and that is why I reached out to NDVO. The NDVO response was a little bit comforting, but still not sure what would happen if India lifts restrictions on travel. There are very limited to no travel options available as most of the airlines have suspended operations for the month of April (Air Canada and Air India are not taking bookings for April)

Yes, but if your COPR and visa expired in April, then to reissue documents there's gonna be:
- new medicals
- new COPR
- new PR visa

All of this could take a month or more? So the earliest time to book tickets would be atleast a month from when you get new instructions from NDVO.

Newbie-123

Apr 28, 2019
Dears,

My COPR is expiring in month of June and my current country of residence(Saudi Arabia) has cancelled all international and national flights from March. Now I have following questions,

Should I raise webform right away or should I wait till end of April to see if flights start again?
Second I don’t know my visa office. Passport submission request came from Abu Dhabi but visa is issued at Riyadh. What is my visa office as per above information.

Thanks.