+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
I would like to know this too. Is taxi/uber considered public transport? How exactly can one communite to airbnb/hotel from airport?
No answer to your question? I am also planning to use a taxi or ride-hailing services like uber to head to the place we will stay locked for the 14 days.

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
I am not understanding the whole discussion over no answer from IRCC.they have categorically updated the site saying that when your travel documents are about to expire and you can't travel ,then let them know and when you can travel again let them know...maximum will be medical and PCC again....I don't know how else should they say plus they have written that we don't recommend travelling immediately despite the restrictions being in place. For people in India travelling in April is impossible with no flights .Further for people with families, self isolation will be a challenge.I don't think they would be so irrational.it is not an excuse, it's a genuine reason and nothing to doubt our intention of not flying to Canada

Ziyad

Jul 29, 2019
I am not understanding the whole discussion over no answer from IRCC.they have categorically updated the site saying that when your travel documents are about to expire and you can't travel ,then let them know and when you can travel again let them know...maximum will be medical and PCC again....I don't know how else should they say plus they have written that we don't recommend travelling immediately despite the restrictions being in place. For people in India travelling in April is impossible with no flights .Further for people with families, self isolation will be a challenge.I don't think they would be so irrational.it is not an excuse, it's a genuine reason and nothing to doubt our intention of not flying to Canada
Completely agree with you. IRCC has made it very clear to send them a webform before the expiry regarding restrictions on travel and to send a webform once the COPR has expired and you are ready to travel. They will then send the next steps to reissue the COPR.

It is impossible for them to reply to everyone at this stage and the statement on the website clearly indicates that extensions will be provided. The only thing that we need to know is whether it will be a straightforward extension for a short period of time or will they ask for medicals and PCC again.

Reactions: SWB

Lmac4

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
I called CBSA yesterday, the guy said if you are coming for the first time here as a new immigrant, you won't have a place for quarantine and we wouldn't admit you in unless you prove otherwise. He said, we are recommending folks to delay arrival and ask IRCC for COPR extension.

With the increase in Cases within Canada itself, I think the situation has changed!
I called last week and CBSA said the same thing to me. Although it seems like the IRCC and the CBSA aren't on the same page... IRCC has yet to contact me back about the CBSA stating I would not be allowed in as this is non-essential, not a priority and can be extended.

Lmac4

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Completely agree with you. IRCC has made it very clear to send them a webform before the expiry regarding restrictions on travel and to send a webform once the COPR has expired and you are ready to travel. They will then send the next steps to reissue the COPR.

It is impossible for them to reply to everyone at this stage and the statement on the website clearly indicates that extensions will be provided. The only thing that we need to know is whether it will be a straightforward extension for a short period of time or will they ask for medicals and PCC again.
You cannot just "assume" the IRCC (without a response) they will accept your reason for not traveling, and then all of a sudden approve you when you say you're ready to travel. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that, as people have been refused/denied an extension. So if people want to assume that the IRCC will just "approve" everything when they're ready, then that's a risk you may have to pay the consequences for. This is why people need responses to ensure they're reasons are accepted by the IRCC.

Reactions: hinavin

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
You cannot just "assume" the IRCC (without a response) they will accept your reason for not traveling, and then all of a sudden approve you when you say you're ready to travel. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that, as people have been refused/denied an extension. So if people want to assume that the IRCC will just "approve" everything when they're ready, then that's a risk you may have to pay the consequences for. This is why people need responses to ensure they're reasons are accepted by the IRCC.
Why is covid 19 a personal or subjective reason? Is it everyday that such viruses are spreading across the globe? Is it something people will like to use as an excuse ? Did we all apply for Canada PR and think that we would delay the landing? We all are so upset about it...it was our dream to reach Canada and extending is not our choice but our limitations hav

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
For a PNP candidate who is supposed to land in Calgary for example, and there are no direct flights available for Calgary from Middle East, If I transit via Toronto, will I be required to complete my 14 days of isolation in Toronto or will i be allowed to board a connecting flight and isolate in Calgary?

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

w_P

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Why is covid 19 a personal or subjective reason? Is it everyday that such viruses are spreading across the globe? Is it something people will like to use as an excuse ? Did we all apply for Canada PR and think that we would delay the landing? We all are so upset about it...it was our dream to reach Canada and extending is not our choice but our limitations hav
Very well put.

Ziyad

Jul 29, 2019
It is not an assumption. IRCC has made it very clear that extensions will be provided. The only thing they have not made it clear are the steps that will be required to reissue the COPR and the timeline involved.

It’s not every day that a pandemic happens and not being able to travel due to the risks involved right now will not be considered an “excuse”. For all those people with valid COPR till July andafter that, I dont think they have anything to worry about. However exceptions will be made for all those applicants whose COPR has expired recently or is expiring within the next 1-2 months.

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Due to limitations we are bound to ask.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
This has already been clarified by IRCC:

Approved permanent residence applications (COPR and PRV)
Permanent residence applicants who are in possession of a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) and permanent resident visa (PRV) and inform us, by submitting a web form to IRCC, that they are unable to travel within the validity of their documentation should be processed as follows:

• Valid COPR and PRV: In an effort to reduce the number of cancelled COPRs and PRVs, a note should be placed in the file explaining that the applicant is unable to travel, and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV. If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land.
  • Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they were unable to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they were unable to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html
These are standard instructions. If you expect IRCC to individually respond to everyone who sends a request for extension, you will be disappointed to know that only standard format responses will be provided.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Has anyone crossed the bridge to do their flagpole recently?
Based on recent discussions here, flagpoling is not available as a means of landing right now and those who have tried here have been turned away. CBSA is saying this is not essential and only essential activities are being permitted at the border right now.

If you decide to try and are successful, make sure you come back and post here. I don't believe anyone here has been successful so far.

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
I think this is what they want to assess.Whether the applicants request is valid or not.Some CAN NOT travel.Some DO NOT WANT to travel There is a big diff though reason is same.So its high time now they must declare overall policy about extension whether it will be provided to 1st cat or 2nd or both.Blanket announcement would reduce their headache.Atleast they can give open extension to coprs expired during lockdown period in Canada and India.That's crystal clear that those ppl can not travel .Guys lets put the requests on twitter See pr and citizens have put lot of req on Twitter and they are getting response.We should also start raising our voice.
Exactly, unless there is a clear announcement from IRCC for extension provision for those " who do not want to travel" they must travel. Don't leave it to chance.
We should get some update from IRCC soon as I am sure work load must have reduced a lot by now. Maybe another week or so we should have more updates.