+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Tomorow is last day of my job. COPR expires on 23rd April and booked ticket for 18th April. I dont know i will be able to fly or not if locked down extend beyond 14th April.
How did u book ticket...flights will be
Opened case to case basis

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
I am scared of this word reassessment.Why do and what do they want to reassess.I wish they check only the causes of our inability to travel .
Otherwise it would take a long time.6 month is normal express entry processing time.If they take 2 months for extension only then its like unnecessary and unjustified delay in reaching Canada.I have to reach there before Sept I am getting too restless.Just keeping my fingers crossed they reply fast.
I think medical check could be the main part of reassessment. It might take around 3 months but definitely shouldn't take 6 months. Or they might just have a quick review and tell you you are good to go. Right now there is no definite answer, and each case is going to be different. But stay positive, as there is not much else you can do. In most scenario, the outcome is better than you think. So keep in good faith! :)

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I think medical check could be the main part of reassessment. It might take around 3 months but definitely shouldn't take 6 months. Or they might just have a quick review and tell you you are good to go. Right now there is no definite answer, and each case is going to be different. But stay positive, as there is not much else you can do. In most scenario, the outcome is better than you think. So keep in good faith! :)
Thanks!!Just hope ur right.But we don't even know the waiting period of this assumed 3 months will start from when as I think Delhi office is not working in full swing.Delhi in bad shape.And getting severe day by day.Now only faith and hope can keep us going .Its sooo depressing.But we have to keep ourselves in high spirits thinking atlease we have no lost pr.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
My COPR expires on May 21st... Planning to wait for a couple of weeks to finalize decision... Have a 3yr old and definitely dont want to take the risk of travelling...
Definitely disappointing to miss out and it would be grave if we do not get the extension (the fear is always there)...

Have a crazy idea popping up... what if I am the primary applicant and decide to travel alone to get at least one PR confirmed...
I believe my dependents application will be no longer valid... but any idea what could be the next steps... Just a hypothetical worst case scenario...
Cant imagine me doing it
You could do that, but I don't think you will have problems getting an extension.

Reactions: jaganv117

nehakhedekar

Feb 26, 2020
I am so glad I found this forum. Was frantically searching for one since all hell broke loose! Got so much of clarification and relief after reading so much of useful information and links. Thank you so much to all. I know we all are more or less in the same boat, some more due to their visas expiring like really soon.
I have one query left though. Most of them got solved after reading the responses on this page. So I received my COPR on 7th march 2020. My visa is expiring on 6th June 2020, as that is when my medicals are expiring. Anyway my country (India) is on lockdown and no outbound flights are flying anyway, so obviously we might get an extension, as per responses on this forum. My query is, incase post 14th April (last day of lockdown as of now in India), the travel ban on international flights if lifted from India, and Canada has anyway made an exception for applicants who received COPR before 18th March 2020 can travel. So in such case, if I still apply for an extension say in Mid May, will i still get it? Main concern is, 14 day isolation which they have stated as mandatory, we will have to do it all by ourselves on our expenses. have no family in Alberta (like most of us). And my relatives wont be able to travel from Ontario to help me out as well, for obvious reasons. Hence how wise it is to travel amidst all this? if travel is allowed from both countries? or will they not give extension and ask us to travel if no travel bans are imposed anymore?
Just wanted some advice? Anyone attempting to do so or have done so, please do share your experience, Also recession is going to get kicked in, and it would be much difficult to find a job. What is the point in travelling amidst all this chaos and not able to make a living for ourselves and instead spending more money on isolation and daily expenses, without finding a job. Retracted my resignation also here in india, as dont want to be unemployed if this gets extended. So again have to serve notice if have to travel urgently as per rules over time. All of this is such a mess. Also if anyone has any idea of the blanket that will be there if any extension is granted. Just wanted a rough idea. My rant is over. Thank you so much in advance. Would appreciate any advice on the query.

mahinadnan

Sep 7, 2019
Hi,
Above, everyone is talking about COPR but i have been directed to add my question here: I am a Pakistani from Islamabad and I was invited to apply for PR in the draw of 4th March 2020. When the pandemic hit us all, IRCC raised the days for submission of documents from 60 to 90 days. I do not know how long this situation is going to last but I checked that medical centres in Pakistan are off till further notice and so are offices and places from where I need to collect affidavits / bank statements etc. Also practising social distancing so I am staying at home. Is there anyone from the same draw who I can be in touch with to know how have you decided to handle the situation and complete all documentation?

I have also heard the medical centres are offering date of medical in 2021. Has anyone experienced this? If so, how are you justifying this when submitting documents?

Thank You

nehakhedekar

Feb 26, 2020
I think it would be very inconsiderate of IRCC to penalize approved applicants who wish not to fly at this time even though they do not have any travel restrictions in their country of origin.

The situation around the world is severe and I am confident that they will provide sufficient time to travel once it becomes safer to travel. My only concern right now is the time period that could potentially take to get the extension especially if they expect us to do the medical again.
I have the same concerns

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I am so glad I found this forum. Was frantically searching for one since all hell broke loose! Got so much of clarification and relief after reading so much of useful information and links. Thank you so much to all. I know we all are more or less in the same boat, some more due to their visas expiring like really soon.
I have one query left though. Most of them got solved after reading the responses on this page. So I received my COPR on 7th march 2020. My visa is expiring on 6th June 2020, as that is when my medicals are expiring. Anyway my country (India) is on lockdown and no outbound flights are flying anyway, so obviously we might get an extension, as per responses on this forum. My query is, incase post 14th April (last day of lockdown as of now in India), the travel ban on international flights if lifted from India, and Canada has anyway made an exception for applicants who received COPR before 18th March 2020 can travel. So in such case, if I still apply for an extension say in Mid May, will i still get it? Main concern is, 14 day isolation which they have stated as mandatory, we will have to do it all by ourselves on our expenses. have no family in Alberta (like most of us). And my relatives wont be able to travel from Ontario to help me out as well, for obvious reasons. Hence how wise it is to travel amidst all this? if travel is allowed from both countries? or will they not give extension and ask us to travel if no travel bans are imposed anymore?
Just wanted some advice? Anyone attempting to do so or have done so, please do share your experience, Also recession is going to get kicked in, and it would be much difficult to find a job. What is the point in travelling amidst all this chaos and not able to make a living for ourselves and instead spending more money on isolation and daily expenses, without finding a job. Retracted my resignation also here in india, as dont want to be unemployed if this gets extended. So again have to serve notice if have to travel urgently as per rules over time. All of this is such a mess. Also if anyone has any idea of the blanket that will be there if any extension is granted. Just wanted a rough idea. My rant is over. Thank you so much in advance. Would appreciate any advice on the query.
If there is no travel ban in effect you will not get an extension as countries have deemed it safe to travel. Also canada assumes you have the ability to self quarantine as you have shown enough funds to settle.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi,
Above, everyone is talking about COPR but i have been directed to add my question here: I am a Pakistani from Islamabad and I was invited to apply for PR in the draw of 4th March 2020. When the pandemic hit us all, IRCC raised the days for submission of documents from 60 to 90 days. I do not know how long this situation is going to last but I checked that medical centres in Pakistan are off till further notice and so are offices and places from where I need to collect affidavits / bank statements etc. Also practising social distancing so I am staying at home. Is there anyone from the same draw who I can be in touch with to know how have you decided to handle the situation and complete all documentation?

I have also heard the medical centres are offering date of medical in 2021. Has anyone experienced this? If so, how are you justifying this when submitting documents?

Thank You
You need to upload evidence that all medical centers are closed in place of the medical report. They will then hold your application till you submit medicals.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Travelling in May would be much better considering the situation. Hopefully in a month's time it will be a lot better
@SithLord

Since all we are able to do now is taking comfort from each others opinions + speculations...this is a good message :) :) Mom's COPR is valid until mid-May, due to travel from Delhi, India. Thinking travel around 9 to 15 May might be the plunge to take!

Reactions: SithLord

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
If there is no travel ban in effect you will not get an extension as countries have deemed it safe to travel. Also canada assumes you have the ability to self quarantine as you have shown enough funds to settle.
I called CBSA yesterday, the guy said if you are coming for the first time here as a new immigrant, you won't have a place for quarantine and we wouldn't admit you in unless you prove otherwise. He said, we are recommending folks to delay arrival and ask IRCC for COPR extension.

With the increase in Cases within Canada itself, I think the situation has changed!

Reactions: nehakhedekar