+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Obioha

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Agreed...And they shudnt issue a blanket extension...but they should certainly consider this an extraordinary case and not penalise us.
Why wld they penalize anyone? They've already outlined the route to follow if u are affected by the covid 19 travel restrictions.

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
My COPR expires April 1st ,
I wont travel and will depend on the announcement that expired COPR will be re-open in case that you informed.
I have sent two web forms

I hope that is the right decision - I AM ROYALLY WORRIED.

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
They've already outlined the route to follow if u are affected by the covid 19 travel restrictions.
And that's what some people here are asking, or rather hoping, for them to reconsider. This is not a circumstance that anyone predicted when they pointed out that the visa can not be extended. Those whose visa is about to expire or expired already were ready to travel. The current suggested process could take months more to re-evaluate the applications.

That's why the request for reconsideration so that there can be alternative solutions which could help make the process faster, if possible. Of course, these are just discussions based around wishful thinking. We don't have much of a say in this and by the looks of it, unfortunately, we might have to wait for months to be able to move to Canada. Assuming that they do re-evaluate all the applications and re-grant the COPR and PRV to everyone who was affected by it.

Reactions: Dia89 and w_P

Ali99947

Feb 24, 2019
I am obviously very happy about the announcement, and i am grateful for it.

But i'm also very pensive about the implications of travelling at this time because of the risks.

I do wonder now, how IRCC will react in regard to granting extensions if they can claim you had over a month to land before your COPR expired due to the exemption, but decided not.

Will they now say you should have traveled if i were to request an extension?

What happened to Ryan is a wake up call for me. If sharing a flight can get you infected as you can imagine being in a confined space for a prolonged time would, i'm just thinking about the risks involved more and more.
Don't they do extra cleaning in planes due to coronavirus and won't the planes be mostly empty these days so you can sit as far apart as you like.

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Don't they do extra cleaning in planes due to coronavirus and won't the planes be mostly empty these days so you can sit as far apart as you like.
Even with all precautions, there is still a very high risk.
But none of this matters as most countries under lockdown have no operational flights

Obioha

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
And that's what some people here are asking, or rather hoping, for them to reconsider. This is not a circumstance that anyone predicted when they pointed out that the visa can not be extended. Those whose visa is about to expire or expired already were ready to travel. The current suggested process could take months more to re-evaluate the applications.

That's why the request for reconsideration so that there can be alternative solutions which could help make the process faster, if possible. Of course, these are just discussions based around wishful thinking. We don't have much of a say in this and by the looks of it, unfortunately, we might have to wait for months to be able to move to Canada. Assuming that they do re-evaluate all the applications and re-grant the COPR and PRV to everyone who was affected by it.
To the best of my knowledge, most PRV expires at the expiration of their medicals or passport, which ever comes first. So even if copr is extended, u wld need to have another medicals done, bcos u can't enter canada with an expired medicals. This covid 19 is really affecting everybody and as such some sacrifices has to be made on both sides

Reactions: Adam261

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
I concur with you.

• Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they were unable to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they were unable to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days.
Re-opened applications
Approved applications can be re-opened in GCMS by cancelling the COPR and PRV and removing the final decision.
And the sentence after that says that COPR may be reapptove subject to medical and security checks. It gives a whole procedure for medical reassessment

Reactions: Adam261

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
And the sentence after that says that COPR may be reapptove subject to medical and security checks. It gives a whole procedure for medical reassessment
Haven't you come across the cases where they ask to do medicals again? In most cases, it hardly takes a week to approve them and request passport to submit. If you keep worrying, it may take ages.

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Haven't you come across the cases where they ask to do medicals again? In most cases, it hardly takes a week to approve them and request passport to submit. If you keep worrying, it may take ages.
Exactly...I am not worried...All I am saying is that it will be reapproved for people who want extensions and ask for them...only medical are to be redone

Reactions: wick_sran

Fazzio

Jun 4, 2019
We're here waiting for an answer from the consulate...

Right now there is one flight company operating flights from my country (Brazil) to Canada, with connections in the USA. My COPR would expire on April 21 and I was supposed to flight next Tuesday. However, right now I don't want to expose my family and me to the risk of infection...
I know many of you are in the same situation - allowed to enter, with no travel ban, but still afraid of moving immediately, so as soon as they reply to my webform, I will share it here.

Stay safe you all.

Harman Pasricha

Jun 1, 2017
We're here waiting for an answer from the consulate...

Right now there is one flight company operating flights from my country (Brazil) to Canada, with connections in the USA. My COPR would expire on April 21 and I was supposed to flight next Tuesday. However, right now I don't want to expose my family and me to the risk of infection...
I know many of you are in the same situation - allowed to enter, with no travel ban, but still afraid of moving immediately, so as soon as they reply to my webform, I will share it here.

Stay safe you all.
Can u share a link to that webform.?