+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I think this could be in your favor ,because your country blocked the outbound flights
my country only block inbound ones :(((( - IRCC could refuse my extension
As far as I know and understand if they don't allow in bound ,how will outbound fly.I mean the foreign planes will have to first land on Indian soil then only they can take ppl out if India.Do we have seperate planes for outbound and Inbound??Its can not be!!Ask ur travel agent if international planes are taking off from ur country??

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Congratulations, good job!
Can you give us info about self-isolation, is it mandatory?
It is mandatory for all arrivals hence unless someone has an urgent reason to come at this time and has no immediate family or resident support best to defer arrival for a while. Anyone who does not self isolate will be being totally irresponsible as a new immigrant in their new country

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/03/canada-provides-update-on-exemptions-to-travel-restrictions-to-protect-canadians-and-support-the-economy.html

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As far as I know and understand if they don't allow in bound ,how will outbound fly.I mean the foreign planes will have to first land on Indian soil then only they can take ppl out if India.Do we have seperate planes for outbound and Inbound??Its can not be!!Ask ur travel agent if international planes are taking off from ur country??
Of course an airline needs to have an inbound flight to then return but keep in mind although I do not have the details of the India ban to hand even any Airlines based in India will be reluctant to have any outbound international flights if they cannot return so will likely be grounded until the ban expires

The whole purpose of the ban is to try to manage COVID being imported by international passengers so whether a foreign airline or Indian airline makes no difference.

Ziyad

Jul 29, 2019
Of course an airline needs to have an inbound flight to then return but keep in mind although I do not have the details of the India ban to hand even any Airlines based in India will be reluctant to have any outbound international flights if they cannot return so will likely be grounded until the ban expires

The whole purpose of the ban is to try to manage COVID being imported by international passengers so whether a foreign airline or Indian airline makes no difference.
The UAE is not allowing residents and other countries citizens to enter the country at the moment. You can leave the country but you can’t come back unless you are a UAE citizen. This is applicable till April 1 and maybe renewed if they feel that the travel ban needs to be extended. In other words, airports are open with limited flights but coming back to the country is not possible if you are not a citizen.

Reactions: Adam261

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
My country banned all outbound and inbound travels till 15th of April with possible prolongations of the ban. My COPR expires on the 21st of April, so obviously I will have to ask for extension ( I have already raised a web-form and they answered "Please contact this office once the situation normalizes. Your case will be assessed at that time. "). How long do you think it will take to reissue the COPR (with Medicals and Criminality). I am enrolled to the University in Canada and already paid 1000CAD and sent originals of my Diplomas. I am worried about not being able to arrive before the start of studies in September.

Reactions: rogerEE

CanImmigrant_sa

Sep 13, 2018
London, United Kingdom
Hi All,

I just checked in for my Air Canada flight from London Heathrow to Toronto with COPR( no immediate family member with canadian passport or PR, my family is traveling with me on COPR).
The checkin desk called to confirm if we are ok to board. She said that things are changing every hour so you go when you can.
I will advise if anyone has a confirmed ticket go to the airport and try.
I am planning to return shortly but not sure about the self isolation rule.
I’ll keep you guys updated once I complete my landing.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi All,

I just checked in for my Air Canada flight from London Heathrow to Toronto with COPR( no immediate family member with canadian passport or PR, my family is traveling with me on COPR).
The checkin desk called to confirm if we are ok to board. She said that things are changing every hour so you go when you can.
See the self isolation on arrival guidance here and repeated elsewhere on official sites. Keep in mind what checkin said that things change by the hour so hopefully you have a plan b should return flights be cancelled.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/canadas-reponse.html#ta

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I
My country banned all outbound and inbound travels till 15th of April with possible prolongations of the ban. My COPR expires on the 21st of April, so obviously I will have to ask for extension ( I have already raised a web-form and they answered "Please contact this office once the situation normalizes. Your case will be assessed at that time. "). How long do you think it will take to reissue the COPR (with Medicals and Criminality). I am enrolled to the University in Canada and already paid 1000CAD and sent originals of my Diplomas. I am worried about not being able to arrive before the start of studies in September.
I raised a web form on 17th but till date no reply.Shall I raise another 1.My copr expiry 25th March

Reactions: Adam261

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
I

I raised a web form on 17th but till date no reply.Shall I raise another 1.My copr expiry 25th March
They answered me after 7 days. Did you raise the form by chosing your VO? I accidently raised a form without chosing VO, so I recieved an answer from Warsaw, whereas my VO is in Moscow, so I raised another form specifically for my VO in Moscow and got no response yet (28 days to wait).

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hi All,

Aren't you taking a huge risk travelling when you have been specifically instructed NOT to travel until further clarifications regarding exemptions are released next week?
The travel ban was pretty clear, that only citizens/pr and their immediate family members are allowed to enter the country.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Seriously, I don't understand why people are travelling when they were pretty clear about the travel ban. If you are not a citizen/Pr or an immediate family member of one then why take the risk?

Next week they will officially announce about the exemptions so why not just wait till then :)