+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

smithplato

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Something helpful or confirming:

"Confirmation of Permanent Resident Document
If you have been issued a Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR) document and you have not yet travelled to Canada and had your landing interview, you are still a foreign national. If your counterfoil expires prior to the travel restrictions being lifted, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken once full service resumes."

Source: https://m.facebook.com/notes/canada-in-india-high-commission-of-canada/travel-and-visa-advisory-covid-19/3087838001268813/

Indian High Commission of Canada
Thank your for posting this. Clears a lot of doubt .

Jojorabbit

Mar 19, 2020
I called to Border Services and they said that at this moment no one knows nothing, he told me that in a few days a statement must be made. For now all the embassies working only with pr and citizens

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
Landed in Toronto from Boston:
  • CoPR's cannot enter Canada until June 30th from any country except the USA.
  • Only Canadians and family of Canadians/PR can enter
  • Family includes, spouse, dependent children and parents
  • If you have not travelled to any country outside of the USA and Canada in the past 14 days, you can enter Canada with a CoPR by FLIGHT ONLY.
  • Regardless of citizenship, if you're residing in USA and have not left the country or travelled abroad, you can enter Canada to confirm your CoPR by plane only.
Hi. I'm in Canada and hold US visitor visa. Technically, I can fly to USA and fly back to Canada to land? However, it's dangerous to do that now.

ryan1990

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
Hi. I'm in Canada and hold US visitor visa. Technically, I can fly to USA and fly back to Canada to land? However, it's dangerous to do that now.
You can do that. However, it is quite risky and you will probably piss off CBSA officers.

If your status in Canada is valid, just ride it out for a while. The airports are a complete mess.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
You can do that. However, it is quite risky and you will probably piss off CBSA officers.

If your status in Canada is valid, just ride it out for a while. The airports are a complete mess.
Thank you! I will wait until the situation gets better. Congrats to you Ryan!

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
I called to Border Services and they said that at this moment no one knows nothing, he told me that in a few days a statement must be made. For now all the embassies working only with pr and citizens
Waiting for the clear official statement made to the public.

I can’t believe they do it until June 30. Every single country in the world close the borders no more than 30 days now. Also, for example in Europe you can still entry if you have a temporary residence which is make sense! Here they bank people who are residents (WP, SP) from entry. Unbelievable!!

Reactions: Dia89

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So, this ban is not gonna be lifted before June 30 with possibility of extension right? My CoPR was issued on March 15 and expires on May 15. I guess I should raise that web form now. I was waiting for any further announcement from IRCC.
@canuck_in_uk Your thought, please?
Send the Webform.

Obioha

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Something helpful or confirming:

"Confirmation of Permanent Resident Document
If you have been issued a Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR) document and you have not yet travelled to Canada and had your landing interview, you are still a foreign national. If your counterfoil expires prior to the travel restrictions being lifted, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken once full service resumes."

Source: https://m.facebook.com/notes/canada-in-india-high-commission-of-canada/travel-and-visa-advisory-covid-19/3087838001268813/

Indian High Commission of Canada
So according to this publication, people who have a COPR that wld soon expire, shld not do anything? Even to fill a web form?

Mj85mj

Oct 10, 2019
I’ve filled a web form on the 16th March asking IRCC if I can land with my COPR (no answer btw) and telling them I am ready to travel and have my tickets booked. Now that it’s clear that COPR are banned from traveling to Canada, should I fill another web form asking for an extension? Mine expires on 1st May. Thank you

JNP19

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
I’ve filled a web form on the 16th March asking IRCC if I can land with my COPR (no answer btw) and telling them I am ready to travel and have my tickets booked. Now that it’s clear that COPR are banned from traveling to Canada, should I fill another web form asking for an extension? Mine expires on 1st May. Thank you
The worst thing here is there is no reply for any webform you send.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016