+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Wale09

Jun 16, 2019
COPRs as of now are not allowed to enter Canada. I doubt one would be allowed to even board an aircraft.
That in itself is it true. I don't live in China, South Korea, Iran or India. Your assunptionis blanket. IRCC encourages COPR o travel, howevet if one can't, inform. Technically, someone that is not in the hotbeds should try to fly. If you can't, let them know with evidence of your trial to. In my case my airline agrees to airlift. So it will be wrong to blanketly say "you doubt one would be aalowed to board an aircraft."

Wale09

Jun 16, 2019
in your case I would wait a bit and see as 15 May is still quit far...but in 2 weeks or so, if norhing availble (no news) then raise a webform
IRCC never asked us to send webform based on border restrictions. The only reason should be our inability to fly!

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
IRCC never asked us to send webform based on border restrictions. The only reason should be our inability to fly!
If Canada is not allowing CoPR holders to enter then it is inability indeed. Circumstances out of my hand.

Ethan07

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Guys, you wont lose your Visa or CoPr if you contact the IRCC...you are contacting them for information, for additional inquiries....
Do you wanna wait until the day of your flght and then you raise a webform, cancel flights and so on ?
My flight is on 31March , everyone I called says that CoPr wont be allowed....some poeple here says that they will be allowed !
we need a concrete information guys!
If anyone is sure from his sources then welcome!
Does nayone read what was annouced on 16th march? only citizens and PR people are alowed now!?
Are we considered PR people??????? thats a big quetsion now!

Reactions: smithplato

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Okay, so I drove 5hrs to the Canadian border to give it a shot.

Was turned back, they do not have staff to process CoPR's at the moment. Asked me to try on Monday.

Edit: Port of Entry was Thousand Islands Lansdowne.
This is useful info, thanks!
Did the agent say to drive back on Monday or to call the helpline again on Monday, any further information? Would love it if they shared a clear message :)

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
That in itself is it true. I don't live in China, South Korea, Iran or India. Your assunptionis blanket. IRCC encourages COPR o travel, howevet if one can't, inform. Technically, someone that is not in the hotbeds should try to fly. If you can't, let them know with evidence of your trial to. In my case my airline agrees to airlift. So it will be wrong to blanketly say "you doubt one would be aalowed to board an aircraft."
That encouragement is conditional and has a pre-statement. You can't say they are welcoming with open hands.

Jdilla

Mar 19, 2020
I just spoke to a lady at the CBSA a few minutes ago and she said “if the airline allows you to board, you will be fine”

I have a COPR

Indranil01

Mar 19, 2020
Guys - if you could advice me reg my situation - My COPR expires on April 14th and I have my flight on April 8th. 1 stop - Heathrow (5 hours). This would be my first landing. FYI - I'm from India.

Now I am getting really paranoid, since travel restrictions are increasing by the day. I have written to the Embassy through that form but no reply whatsoever. I am wondering if I need to wait till April 8th or should I reschedule my trip to this weekend/Monday, since the situation only seems to be getting worse - April 8th could be complete lockdown everywhere for all I know. At least flights are taking off, at present.

What should I do!! Any advice, guys?

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Guys - if you could advice me reg my situation - My COPR expires on April 14th and I have my flight on April 8th. 1 stop - Heathrow (5 hours). This would be my first landing. FYI - I'm from India.

Now I am getting really paranoid, since travel restrictions are increasing by the day. I have written to the Embassy through that form but no reply whatsoever. I am wondering if I need to wait till April 8th or should I reschedule my trip to this weekend or next Monday, since the situation only seems to be getting worse - April 8th could be complete lockdown everywhere for all I know. At least flights are taking off, at present.

What should I do!! Any advice, guys?
Postpone or cancel it. Let IRCC know via webform!

Reactions: ryeCatcher

Indranil01

Mar 19, 2020
Postpone or cancel it. Let IRCC know via webform!
But my visa expires on 14th April, so only 6 days between my flight date and visa expiry :(

Not sure how much of a help will it be to postpone.

Do you think rescheduling to any date in the next 4-5 days will work? My flight's flying daily.