+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Wale09

Jun 16, 2019
Hello sir,
Thankyou so much for your valuable suggestion, we did the same . Today morning my husband called to my airline and asked about the same , they clearly said that they will not stop anyone because as of now they didn't get any official information regarding this, but they suggested that first check with the immigration department in airport once they allowed means we will not stop you, what she said . So after this my husband called to immigration and they said that till this date we didn't got any update like this we passed all the safety instructions to all the airlines what we got but we didn't got any instructions like this so you guys please do as you planned, what he said.
So we decided to travel.
Thankyou.
Been worried too. So I put a call through to the airline, I even chatted to be double sure, Now heading to their office in VI to be triple sure. All I got is that pple with COPR can fly. So I will travel as planned.

JNP19

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Hello sir,
Thankyou so much for your valuable suggestion, we did the same . Today morning my husband called to my airline and asked about the same , they clearly said that they will not stop anyone because as of now they didn't get any official information regarding this, but they suggested that first check with the immigration department in airport once they allowed means we will not stop you, what she said . So after this my husband called to immigration and they said that till this date we didn't got any update like this we passed all the safety instructions to all the airlines what we got but we didn't got any instructions like this so you guys please do as you planned, what he said.
So we decided to travel.
Thankyou.
When is tour travel date?Please keep us posted.

Wale09

Jun 16, 2019
Been worried too. So I put a call through to the airline, I even chatted to be double sure, Now heading to their office in VI to be triple sure. All I got is that pple with COPR can fly. So I will travel as planned.
If I wasn't able to fly, then I ll raisse the webform. But we go go first.
I have a 3month rent in Calgary "wasting already". Unemployed here. I hope I land and go straight into self isolation.

Hargur nahal

Jun 1, 2019
Pps let us inform .. my flight is on 21st march...

Reactions: tusa47

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
I am in exact same situation. My wife and I gave up our jobs and were all packed to travel on 21st March. CoPR expiring on 31st March.
What are youll planning now? We too are so stuck as we don’t know when the travel ban will be raised and I hope IRCC is understanding to extend all our visas because of the situation. plus we will lose some money from plane tickets and also we are gonna be dipping into savings from now on as we don’t have jobs. R ul also from Mumbai? Did you’ll fill out the web form?

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
What are youll planning now? We too are so stuck as we don’t know when the travel ban will be raised and I hope IRCC is understanding to extend all our visas because of the situation. plus we will lose some money from plane tickets and also we are gonna be dipping into savings from now on as we don’t have jobs. R ul also from Mumbai? Did you’ll fill out the web form?
I am from Delhi and today my Father went to Canadian embassy in person here in Delhi and showed them my CoPR/PRV and was told that currently CoPRs are not allowed to travel and we should wait for few days ( 6-7 days) for next update.

In this scenario as we are not able to travel due to Canada's travel ban we must fill Web Form and send email to local VO stating the same with documentary proofs and wait for update from Local VO. I did the same and attached ticket bookings.

I hope they open entries for CoPR holders by next update ( Once influx of Canadian Citizens and PR holders calms down on 4 airports open right now) or at least give some info on CoPR visa extension without getting medical / PCC done again. But as we have just 10 days left before expiry most likely visa extension is the only option for people like us given that we might not even get air tickets in such haste.

I am jobless and just using this time to enhance my skills and working on things i wanted to do for sometime like creating a Udemy course and writing technical blog LOL. But if situation stays the same for more than 30-40 days without any clear direction from IRCC I will find a job here in India.

Meanwhile Stay home , Stay healthy, Stay packed and ready to go at all times while utilizing free time to do something positive :)

Ethan07

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
are you sure Buddy?

Ethan07

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Be careful guys on just announcing something without sources... at this critical moment of time, we need to be sure and not live with assumption, if anyone read what I wrote before, I have already investigated with CBSA, CIC, AIR CANADA...alll we can do at the moment is share official news if we get any, or share official experinces if we get any, from my side I have contated the Federal and Visa office who treated my application, I will let everyone knows in case of any news.

Reactions: wick_sran

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just all keep in mind that airlines as sure everyone here knows are parking up the majority of their planes/laying off staff given either they do not want to fly empty or due to countries banning international arrivals completely making even transits challenging. let alone directs

Even as and when things improve which could be months away airlines cannot simply 'unpark' their planes and reactivate their crews. They may have to schedule safety checks/maintenance and then cabin crews / pilots may or may not have licence/ hours issues depending how long this goes on assuming of course the airlines have not actually fired people versus put them on unpaid leave.

Not going to be easy for airlines who may even use this as an opportunity to retire planes and non profitable routes.

Seems pretty optimistic for example that Trumps UK/EU 30 day flight ban will not go on for a few months and you could say the real winners may be the climate change activists

As for calling an airline call center unfortunately it is what happens at checkin that is important as call centers generally are not always the most reliable source of upto date information.

Last edited:

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
You’ve got a job etc? Place to stay?
let me know how it pans out for you Cos I was thinking of May but then I wasn’t sure of the scene in canada so thought I’d wait it out!
I was going to stay through airbnb for a week and search for accommodation from there.

Situation seems to be quite worse than expected so I'm also thinking about moving in May.