+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Ethan07

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
You are certainly not alone dear. We all are in the same boat. If your COPR just came out today however, I would imagine you would have quite a bit of time to travel from it expires.

Yes you are right, the economic impact of COVID-19 already as it is has been catastrophic and it is only getting worse. There are signs that countries will go into recession again. People are already losing jobs due to loss of income as businesses have had to close down and so on. I would imagine there would be similar backlashes in Canada also.

But we have to remain hopeful and positive. The idea behind the border closure is to stop the virus from being brought into the country (which doesn't make sense as there have been more reported cases in the US). If we all do our bits to ensure it doesn't keep spreading within our respective communities (by self isolating and social distancing) I believe the situation will be under control very soon. But most importantly, we need some direction from the authorities.
when you fill the webform, you just whether for permanent reident or not, just answer first as No and fill the form, that will be sent to the federal, and after fill another one by saying yes , oustide cana visa office and select the visa office who treated your application ! this will make it TWO webforms !
I even sent personal mial to CIC and Visa office in Vienna who treated my application, in total, 4
I have really stressed them out .... thats the only solution GUYS
we do not know when things will be solved, so what I did is actually to protect myself in case the ban exceed 18th april (expiry date of my confirmation of permanent reisdence)

Reactions: Adam261

rxsialk

Mar 13, 2020
I think no one can answer any questions currently. The person who answered your call might have been stressed from all the calls from angry/frustrated travelers... IRCC needs to urgently update their Covid-19 statement. It would only be logical to allow CoPR holders to travel to Canada. The statement that we are not residents yet is unfair. We have invested money and time for this and those who are planning to settle in Canada should be allowed to travel.
I can easily prove that I sold my house last week and show my resignation letter. We are NOT tourists.
I agree. We are only a doorstep away from being a permanent resident, and it's not like this visa is gonna last forever, many people have their visas expiring in late March / early April, and have their life around Canada already... From Twitter I see IRCC is not responding any questions regarding COPR expiry issues, my guess is that they are still trying to figure things out...

Let's try to communicate with IRCC more via web form, email, twitter, facebook, etc. Hope they will provide a practical solution, either allowing all COPR holders to board, or renewing visa/copr with minimum cost such as just issue another PPR without any extra files/medical exams needed

Sidd247

Mar 16, 2020
What is everyone doing though? Are y'all booking tickets? if yes, for when?
Right now, I don't think anyone knows what to do. For me I have just filled out the webform and am waiting for something tangible from the authorities.

Sidd247

Mar 16, 2020
when you fill the webform, you just whether for permanent reident or not, just answer first as No and fill the form, that will be sent to the federal, and after fill another one by saying yes , oustide cana visa office and select the visa office who treated your application ! this will make it TWO webforms !
I even sent personal mial to CIC and Visa office in Vienna who treated my application, in total, 4
I have really stressed them out .... thats the only solution GUYS
we do not know when things will be solved, so what I did is actually to protect myself in case the ban exceed 18th april (expiry date of my confirmation of permanent reisdence)
Thanks @Ethan07 Guys, we need to make as much noise as possible. Someone needs to start answering our questions :-(

imthelgg

Mar 18, 2020
What is everyone doing though? Are y'all booking tickets? if yes, for when?
We're just going to wait until we get some clarity, hopefully next week. Our COPR expires in October but we want to be there before snow season, so probably June 2020. Right now the official information is not enough to confirm anything.

Ethan07

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Got automatic repsonse from Veinna Visa Office:
--------------
Good day,
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, delays in replies to the emails received to this mailbox may be expected. General information can be found on our website: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html. If the answer to your question can readily be found on our website, this may be the only reply you will receive.
Please note that we respond to enquiries in English or French. Thank you!
--------------
Im pretty sure they have limited resources too, but guys, I willfollow up with them everyday ...

Ethan07

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
We're just going to wait until we get some clarity, hopefully next week. Our COPR expires in October but we want to be there before snow season, so probably June 2020. Right now the official information is not enough to confirm anything.
October all will be cleared.. my CoPr will expire in a Month!
so no stress for you trust me

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
I have just written to Canada Border Services. Let's hope they give a clear response about COPRs :)
When are you looking to book?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Im so glad to see this thread. I just received my COPR today and im concerned too about when to fly and land. it's not just about the entering but also about quitting jobs, leaving everything secure and then starting all over again IN A MARKET THAT IS ON SLOWDOWN!
what is everyone's views on that?
are the number of jobs, interviews etc., still the same? im expecting it will take longer than it was taking earlier.
COVID-19 has definitely caused an economic impact. I have been told jobs will be hard to come by during this period. Even getting a survival job will be tough since many public places are being shut down. I think we are entering into another recession.

imthelgg

Mar 18, 2020
October all will be cleared.. my CoPr will expire in a Month!
so no stress for you trust me
Yes, you're in a much more dire circumstance. I'm sure there will be measures to address this whole COPR issue, especially ones which are expiring soon. I do wish COPR holders are given some level of priority as well.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
When are you looking to book?
I had already booked Lufthansa for April 15th but it got cancelled last week. Now I have booked British Airways but they are asking for written confirmation from Canadian Embassy that COPRs can enter Canada otherwise they will not allow me to board the aircraft.

Reactions: Sidd247

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
I had already booked Lufthansa for April 15th but it got cancelled last week. Now I have booked British Airways but they are asking for written confirmation from Canadian Embassy that COPRs can enter Canada otherwise they will not allow me to board the aircraft.
What date is your BA flight?

Ethan07

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Sent techincial inquiry in CleGc, sent 2 webforms, sent Mail to Sydney,NS and 2mails to Vienna Visa Office where my CoPr was treated....if I get any news I will let everyone knows here.
Be patient guys, I did what Imcould from my side, and the rest is not apt to me.

Sincerely

Reactions: Adam261