Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Finally
Received the fabulous PPR, :) thanks to Almighty God for his wonders.
Needless to state and like has been stated several times by others in the forum, and in this thread, you all have been such great support through this journey and will continue to be so.

There are so many I would like to thank, some who already moved to Canada through the process but some who just completed the process and for the last few months were constantly checking, advising and motivating.
A few names I get immediately are @gtcan19 @Tahhi @Wotsit, my sincere apologies for not recollecting names of other members who actively interacted here. My heartfelt gratitude and prayers to all.

And for those waiting for a remedical request or PPR, please hang in there strong. Its coming, its just a matter of Divine timing. It might get frustrating and even confusing, but just stay strong with belief.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi Tom

I had an ETA which was cancelled after I received my COPR. I believe once you get COPR you are no longer considered a tourist/visitor. Just that they might be fewer cases of people with passport that is eligible for ETA travelling like us so some airline staff have no idea. A while back on this same thread, a British guy had to explain to the airline staff in the UK that he did not need to have an ETA

The lady I met at the front desk at Air Canada said all she had to do was type in my passport number and the system showed I did not need an ETA. She told me my COPR information was already uploaded on the online system she checked and my passport number was linked to it hence why she asked for the passoort number to check.

I used only the goods to follow form. I printed it out from the link you provided however the immigration officer who completed my landing told me there was a front page missing which she printed out for me right there and there. The front page is not in included in that link or any other link I checked. Never even seen the front page until she printed it out for me

The address I gave is in New Brunswick. My niece's address.

No. Soft landing never came up.

I will need to do DPD when I return to Oz

PS RAT is accepted. Plus it will be cheaper for you guys compared to PCR lol
thankyou for the detailed update. Really helpful.

Is I may ask, is this your soft landing or have you permanently relocated right now?

Is it okay to give the address of a family friend for the PR card or they need a family/relative address. A bit confused still on this bit.

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Ah right.... I sent an email this morning to the Sydney Consulate and an IRCC webform about the eTA; will see whats their response.
Hopefully the airline will allow us to board without issues. My ticket is with Qantas transiting Sydney and LAX, so might also have to re-checkin at Syd. How long was your halt? I have about 2 full hrs; hope thats enough to transfer from T3 to T1 with 2 small kids.

But thanks for sharing that, very useful. I will insist the airline staff to check the passport number for check-in. And also very useful info about the goods to follow; I might as well get on it asap.

I'm travelling end of April, so hopefully I don’t even have to do the Covid tests at all, since Canada is removing it (@gtcan19 posted an article here).
Did you have any Covid related issues? Like get selected for random testing on arrival?

Btw, AUS federal govt is also saying they are removing Covid tests from April 17; So that will also be good for me. LOL.
Have a good time in Vancouver. Safe journeys.
The problem at Sydney airport was going through security check point. The queue was out of this world. Or maybe it's because it's been 2 years since I last travelled. That queue was unbelievable. Mine was 2 and a half hours layover in Sydney but by the time I got to my gate people were already boarding. You will take a shuttle from Syd T3 to T1. About 10 to 15mins. I remember Qantas check in counter was the first on the line when we got to T1. Air Canada was further along in counter J. Qantas was like on A. I literally got off the escalator and was staring at Qantas counter. It is closer to the elevator that you will use inside when you get off the bus.

No I was not selected for covid test.

P.S prepare to wait several hours on the queue at Sevice Canada for SIN. I left after 3 hours(to try again another day) the first time I went there. The wait was indeed frustrating. We are so spoiled in Australia lol. I have never waited that long for anything in Australia even with Government agencies like Centerlink/Medicare/ATO. The Canadians on the queue were all used to that madness and were pretty chill. I wasn't.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: tomx420

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019

Is I may ask, is this your soft landing or have you permanently relocated right now?

Is it okay to give the address of a family friend for the PR card or they need a family/relative address. A bit confused still on this bit.
You can give the address of anyone. I typed the address and printed it before I left Australia. I included everything in the paperwork I gave them so they didn't get to ask me if that was my final destination...and if they had asked I would have said yes *shrug* (and nope it wasn't my final destination)

I did soft landing

Last edited:
Reactions: Titanium

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020

Hi @Titanium,
I haven't landed yet; planning to do a soft landing in April. I will be giving a friends address in Toronto.
You can give the address of anyone (friend or family) but must be in Canada. If you plan to do a soft landing the PR card will be sent to your friends address in about 4 months. And either they can post it out to you or you will have to apply for a PRTD (Permanent Resident Travel Document).

Last edited:

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
The problem at Sydney airport was going through security check point. The queue was out of this world. Or maybe it's because it's been 2 years since I last travelled. That queue was unbelievable. Mine was 2 and a half hours layover in Sydney but by the time I got to my gate people were already boarding. You will take a shuttle from Syd T3 to T1. About 10 to 15mins. I remember Qantas check in counter was the first on the line when we got to T1. Air Canada was further along in counter J. Qantas was like on A. I literally got off the escalator and was staring at Qantas counter. It is closer to the elevator that you will use inside when you get off the bus.

No I was not selected for covid test.

P.S prepare to wait several hours on the queue at Sevice Canada for SIN. I left after 3 hours(to try again another day) the first time I went there. The wait was indeed frustrating. We are so spoiled in Australia lol. I have never waited that long for anything in Australia even with Government agencies like Centerlink/Medicare/ATO. The Canadians on the queue were all used to that madness and were pretty chill. I wasn't.

Cheers
Ah right.....
Qantas changed the schedule on my initial booking so I had only 1hr. I made a seperate domestic booking for an earlier flight, so I could have atleast 2.5hrs halt. I think the train seems to be faster than waiting for the shuttle (but will have to drag the baggage all along).
Thanks for the tip (so Counter A for Qantas); Yea security check is going to be a big hurdle at Sydney.

For the SIN, wouldn’t you be able to get an appointment before going to Service Canada (from this link)? Or isn't it easier to apply online?
Also what documents did you use for SIN? E.g. they have asked a proof of address.
Yea that's so true about queues in Aus, we must be so spoiled lol, never stood in one for a really long time. Having to do that for 3 hours with restless toddlers will be a killer. LOL.

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Finally
Received the fabulous PPR, :) thanks to Almighty God for his wonders.
Needless to state and like has been stated several times by others in the forum, and in this thread, you all have been such great support through this journey and will continue to be so.

There are so many I would like to thank, some who already moved to Canada through the process but some who just completed the process and for the last few months were constantly checking, advising and motivating.
A few names I get immediately are @gtcan19 @Tahhi @Wotsit, my sincere apologies for not recollecting names of other members who actively interacted here. My heartfelt gratitude and prayers to all.

And for those waiting for a remedical request or PPR, please hang in there strong. Its coming, its just a matter of Divine timing. It might get frustrating and even confusing, but just stay strong with belief.
Congratulations! It is nice to check back here and find such good news.
I would like to thank you also for offering so much encouragement and advice to so many people.
I hope your COPR comes fast for you so that you can finally finish this long journey. :)

Kkiran24

Feb 24, 2021
Hii all and @legalfalcon
Does anyone know what does we are reviewing your eligibility and processing your background check means? How long will it take to get ppr?
Thanks in advance

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Hii all and @legalfalcon
Does anyone know what does we are reviewing your eligibility and processing your background check means? How long will it take to get ppr?
Thanks in advance
Could be any length of time, I believe that status remains from when they start processing your application right up to when you are approved.
Sadly express entry online accounts don't give much in the way of updates.

AHD_Sep20

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Med's Request
02-11-2021
Med's Done....
21-11-2021
Interview........
N/A
Hey guys, just sent my passport for stamping and COPR. For about 1 week, the status has been stuck at "has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office". The last time, IRCC took 2-3 days to approve.

Does it usually take this long?

Maybe its paranoia, but I just want to know, is anyone else in the same boat?

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Ah right.....
Qantas changed the schedule on my initial booking so I had only 1hr. I made a seperate domestic booking for an earlier flight, so I could have atleast 2.5hrs halt. I think the train seems to be faster than waiting for the shuttle (but will have to drag the baggage all along).
Thanks for the tip (so Counter A for Qantas); Yea security check is going to be a big hurdle at Sydney.

For the SIN, wouldn’t you be able to get an appointment before going to Service Canada (from this link)? Or isn't it easier to apply online?
Also what documents did you use for SIN? E.g. they have asked a proof of address.
Yea that's so true about queues in Aus, we must be so spoiled lol, never stood in one for a really long time. Having to do that for 3 hours with restless toddlers will be a killer. LOL.
If you request for an appointment, they will call you in 2 business days however some cases have gone past the 2 days. You don't have the luxury to choose appointment time and date online. So for someone only here for a few days...wouldn't work.

If you apply online, you will need an address for them to mail your SIN. Again wouldn't work for me. I can give them my niece's address but there are many cases of identity theft in North America and UK. Something we rarely, infact I have never seen or heard of a case in Australia. My concern is not my niece, it's the fear of the mail man/woman either locally(when service canada mail my SIN to my niece) or internationally(when my niece posts to me) opening my mail to check contents. For PR card I don't mind, I can easily replace plus difficult for someone to use but SIN? I can't be in Australia minding my business only to find out someone has been flexing with my SIN in Canada or I might not even find out for a long time. It will be a nightmare fighting it when you are not in the country.

Documents used for my walk in was passport and COPR original. They will give you a slip/form and ask you to complete. Questions in the form includes your parents names, your address(i don't have a permanent address but the customer sevice guy advised I put down my temporary address, so I used my hotel address), phone number (advised to leave blank as I do not have a Canadian number). He asked for my email address and emailed me some info re protecting your SIN. Handed me a piece of paper with my SIN and I was on my way.

I got there at 9 and left at 11:16. My advise if you are doing walk in is get there at 8.30am. The queue was still crazy the second time but I got there a bit early which worked out fine.

Last edited:

blackknight12

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-10-2020
Hey guys, just sent my passport for stamping and COPR. For about 1 week, the status has been stuck at "has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office". The last time, IRCC took 2-3 days to approve.

Do update us when you receive the passports, when did you submit the passports though?

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021

The first time I got my COPR after only a few days also.
Second time around it took just over 3 weeks.
Nothing to be concerned about :)

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020

Abu Dhabi is asking for 3 to 4 weeks times for issuing COPR. Since they have already received your package so it’s just a matter of 2 more weeks.
@Titanium : You submitted this week and AHD_Sep20 submitted last week to same VO.