+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Nov 1, 2020
Hi, everybody, I have a question:
I just got my new COPR: After taking a brief look at both my old and my new COPR, they both say "City of dest.: WINNIPEG", "Prov. of dest.: MB", and "Category: SW1". As far as I remember I applied to the FSW program. Does it mean that I need to settle in Winnipeg? or can I just settle anywhere in anglophone Canada?
Best regards

Reactions: VVV62

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
It's either a pink sticker or a green sticker. It's random but can't say if there's any bias or not.

Maybe they are more likely to test people from certain countries. I am from India, and I think there were cases of people trying to present fake vaccine certificates/test reports at some point in the past or maybe in the past people arriving from certain countries were tested positive more than other countries, so they test people from those countries more often.

I vaguely remember that the immigration officer had only pink stickers on his table when it was my turn. Could be he only went through a certain color at a time, could be he had only pink ones and a different officer had only green.

Who knows. But for all intents and purposes, it's random.

If random testing is still going on before you arrive, I would suggest keep wearing masks and follow social distancing 2-3 weeks before your flight, if possible, to stay safe. I had a COVID scare in my family a month before my flight. So, I had regular tests as well to just keep track. This was my 3rd attempt because of the lockdowns. Didn't want to risk anything :)
Yea quite possibly, hate to say it but they are probably profiling people based on countries. Yes for sure will be avoiding going out for 2-3 weeks and anything risky before travel. Just worried of catching something while on flight or in transit. Thanks!!

Reactions: sj17

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Yea quite possibly, hate to say it but they are probably profiling people based on countries. Yes for sure will be avoiding going out for 2-3 weeks and anything risky before travel. Just worried of catching something while on flight or in transit. Thanks!!
The transit and while on flight is my only concern. I wear N95 and faceshields at work. Been wearing N95 since November. I have enough stock to last months. I also do rapid test everyday. I am a health worker.

Thank goodness Canada accepts RAT for travel. I am booked in at Clinical labs Clayton for RAT next week....24 hours before flight

Last edited:

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hi everyone

Do I need a list of goods to come when I do soft landing OR can I do a list when I move permanently?
Yea I think you should have the "goods to follow" forms ready for customs/immigrations, when you're doing the first entry. I had asked this question previously and someone in the forum had linked the forms but cant find the thread now.
Check this out; the two forms B4 and B4A is what you will need.

Best to have it ready just in case they do ask. I'd also add items that I anticipate purchasing before moving permanently.

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
The transit and while on flight is my only concern. I wear N95 and faceshields at work. Been wearing N95 since November. I have enough stock to last months. I also do rapid test everyday. I am a health worker.

Thank goodness Canada accepts RAT for travel. I am booked in at Clinical labs Clayton for RAT next week....24 hours before flight
Oh thats good! ...... If you take tests frequently you should definitely be fine.
Are you sure Canada accepts RAT? I thought you needed a PCR test to exit Australia. Anyhow, Qantas requires a travel certificate (not the SMS) but not sure if RAT is fine. Im thinking of using Melbourne Pathology. If you recommend anything better please let me know. All the best!

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Oh thats good! ...... If you take tests frequently you should definitely be fine.
Are you sure Canada accepts RAT? I thought you needed a PCR test to exit Australia. Anyhow, Qantas requires a travel certificate (not the SMS) but not sure if RAT is fine. Im thinking of using Melbourne Pathology. If you recommend anything better please let me know. All the best!
Hi Tom

Yes from 28th Feb Rapid antigen test became acceptable. See link below. Only clinical labs are offering the RAT but at select locations. Clayton is the closest to me.

You will get a travel certificate after the test RAT/PCR etc with relevant details. All airlines require the travel certificate

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada

Last edited:
Reactions: tomx420

AHD_Sep20

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Med's Request
02-11-2021
Med's Done....
21-11-2021
Interview........
N/A
Hi guys & @legalfalcon

I received an email from IRCC for PPR (second time). Have a few questions related to it.

This time round when i received it, there were two extra points added.
  1. If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do. - I did not pay this the first time when I received my PPR & COPR, do I need to pay this now?
  2. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants - I did not submit this the first time. How do I submit this?
Your help will be really appreciated.

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi guys & @legalfalcon

I received an email from IRCC for PPR (second time). Have a few questions related to it.

1. If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do. - I did not pay this the first time when I received my PPR & COPR, do I need to pay this now?
  2. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants - I did not submit this the first time. How do I submit this?
1. You don't need to pay RPRF fee if you've paid the first time
2. I had to submit height and eye color the first time. The PPR letter would have the template to document the height and eye color

AHD_Sep20

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Med's Request
02-11-2021
Med's Done....
21-11-2021
Interview........
N/A
1. You don't need to pay RPRF fee if you've paid the first time
2. I had to submit height and eye color the first time. The PPR letter would have the template to document the height and eye color
1. Thank you for the reply for the first one.
2. There is no template provided on the PPR letter, that's why I am asking.

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
1. Thank you for the reply for the first one.
2. There is no template provided on the PPR letter, that's why I am asking.
Hi there

Oh. I received a template attached to the request letter. It was at the last page of my request letter titled "Family information "

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi guys & @legalfalcon

1 ) Passport request mail clearly states : If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse. You don’t need to pay again, if you have already paid. It’s your second PPR so you must have already paid that before. However, you have to pay VAC processing fee & courier charges again.

2) Didn`t they send you Appendix B form attached with PPR mail? You need to fill Applicants, Spouse & dependent child info such as name, DOB, Marital status, Gender, passport number, date of expiry, Height, Eye colour along with your complete contact info and send all necessary relevant document to VAC. If they didn`t asked for Appendix B form then hopefully you don`t have to send that. Just print name, application number, height & eye colour in plain paper.

Reactions: AHD_Sep20

AHD_Sep20

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Med's Request
02-11-2021
Med's Done....
21-11-2021
Interview........
N/A
1 ) Passport request mail clearly states : If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse. You don’t need to pay again, if you have already paid. It’s your second PPR so you must have already paid that before. However, you have to pay VAC processing fee & courier charges again.

2) Didn`t they send you Appendix B form attached with PPR mail? You need to fill Applicants, Spouse & dependent child info such as name, DOB, Marital status, Gender, passport number, date of expiry, Height, Eye colour along with your complete contact info and send all necessary relevant document to VAC. If they didn`t asked for Appendix B form then hopefully you don`t have to send that. Just print name, application number, height & eye colour in plain paper.
Yes thats what I will do. Thanks